christians are hypocrits

nadene667
User is offlineOffline
christians are hypocrits

www.godhatesfags.com

This website appalls me. You tell me christians are loving, they're nothing but hypocrits.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
But God is love.

But God is love. :)

nadene667
User is offlineOffline
yeah right

Yeah Right.

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:christians are

[quote]christians are hypocrits[/quote]
If it took GodHatesFags.com for you to figure this out...

debaser
debaser's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, as a "fag", i'm not

well, as a "fag", i'm not exactly a huge fan of god either.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
The most extreme Love- Hate

The most extreme Love- Hate relationship. Ya, those people are some of the worst people on earth. And God loves them...:)

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Is that a response to my

Is that a response to my comment?

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I like the ""God Loves

I like the "God Loves Everyone - The Greatest Lie Ever Told" document. I think "God Exists - The Greatest Lie Ever Told" would fit better though.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist, if you are

American Atheist, if you are refering to my comment, not in particular.

nadene667
User is offlineOffline
Zhwazi

[quote=Zhwazi][quote]christians are hypocrits[/quote]
If it took GodHatesFags.com for you to figure this out...[/quote]

it didn't take this website to figure it out. I just wanted to post it on here for anyone who is still convinced that christians are the best people in the whole fricken world.

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
nadene667 wrote:it didn't

[quote=nadene667]it didn't take this website to figure it out. I just wanted to post it on here for anyone who is still convinced that christians are the best people in the whole fricken world.[/quote]
The few people that believe that, are christians themselves, and they probably agree with the site.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
assuming god exists: Why the

assuming god exists: Why the fuck did god [i]create[/i] "fags" if he hates them?

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meh, most Christians aren't

Meh, most Christians aren't as extreme as Fred Phelps. He's... disgusting. I've been at a rally wheere he and some of his protestors showed up to Sacramento, it's disgusting. But some of the strongest objection to such actions are Christians. However, the irony is, people like Fred Phelps are more logically continuous than liberal Christians who pick and choose doctrine(of course, Fred Phelps picks and chooses to as well.

But he is not representative of Christianity(no christians really are except somebody who interprets all of it 100% literally). Attacking the belief itself works better than the people...

ch4os1337
ch4os1337's picture
User is offlineOffline
my religion teacher was

my religion teacher was talking about how christians loves everybody just after talking about "Martin Luther king and the kkk" and i just started chuckling and he got soo mad, and then he asked me why i was laughing and i explained "because christians run the white supremacist movement" and after he ignorantly disagreed with me i explained that "even in the bible, jesus says he hates homosexuals"

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
ch4os1337 wrote:my religion

[quote=ch4os1337]my religion teacher was talking about how christians loves everybody just after talking about "Martin Luther king and the kkk" and i just started chuckling and he got soo mad, and then he asked me why i was laughing and i explained "because christians run the white supremacist movement" and after he ignorantly disagreed with me i explained that "even in the bible, jesus says he hates homosexuals"[/quote]
White supremacy != gay hater

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:(no christians really

[quote](no christians really are except somebody who interprets all of it 100% literally). [/quote]

Haha, No one can do this and say anything definitive about their relition. If someone accepts the whole bible they will accept all of the obvious contradictions with it. No one with a mind can do this and still say something besides "I don't know, God did it."

Yes, the True notion of a Christian God is that he hates most people (if from the notion of God that most Christians have is an accurate depiction) - Just look at the crusades, Inqusisition, White supremist, abortion clinic bombing and you will find that God Hates Lots of People (according to people who practice Christianity)

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is called double think.

It is called double think. Read 1984. People think they are right because they have an arrogance of practice. They think that just because they are smart, and they think it is good, that it is. Whenever you hear "you will understand it later...", call bullshit. That happens to me constantly.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Read 1984. I have

[quote]Read 1984.[/quote]

I have actually been meaning to read it. Right after one more Atlas Shrugged and Moby Dick.

[quote]"you will understand it later...", call bullshit. [/quote]

I wish I had had this advice three years ago... Back then I had these long argumetns with my Seminary teacher and he told me to "Go pray about it" and to "Trust that the lord will reveal everything, in time" - I knew he was bullshiting... but I still tried it... Wasted my time and energy looking for answeres where there were none.

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
Zhwazi wrote:ch4os1337

[quote=Zhwazi][quote=ch4os1337]my religion teacher was talking about how christians loves everybody just after talking about "Martin Luther king and the kkk" and i just started chuckling and he got soo mad, and then he asked me why i was laughing and i explained "because christians run the white supremacist movement" and after he ignorantly disagreed with me i explained that "even in the bible, jesus says he hates homosexuals"[/quote]
White supremacy != gay hater
[/quote]

Actually, the KKK was anti-gay, anti-catholic, anti-foreigner, in addition to being white supremacists

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know that the KKK was

I know that the KKK was about a lot of things... but does being a white supremist automatically make you anti-gay? I mean it obviously makes you anti-anything but white... but does it automatically make you anti-white gay?

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
oh, doesn't... but it was in

oh, doesn't... but it was in context of the kkk, and 'white supremicist'(did i spell that right?) group was in reference to the KKK(the largest majority CHristian white supremacy group)

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay, I just wasent sure if

Okay, I just wasent sure if being a white supremisist makes you automatically anti gay (it would be interesting to find a racist who supported gay rights...)

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
I guess, but people get

I guess, but people get addicted to ignorance. If they are better than other people based on one attribute, it is pretty easy to think you are better than other people based on other attributes.

blood pig
blood pig's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guruite wrote:Okay, I just

[quote=Guruite]Okay, I just wasent sure if being a white supremisist makes you automatically anti gay (it would be interesting to find a racist who supported gay rights...)[/quote]
I had a friend that was bisexual and racist.
But then he went to jail...that changed his mind quite a bit..
So did me jacking him in the face everytime he said something racist.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hehe Quote:But then he went

Hehe

[quote]But then he went to jail...that changed his mind quite a bit..[/quote]

So did he go straight after prison or just give up racism?

Courtney
User is offlineOffline
I vote he gave up

I vote he gave up racism.

You can't choose who you're around in jail- all races, all the time. Well, maybe not ALL, but definitely more than just one!

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
blood pig wrote:Guruite

[quote=blood pig]
So did me jacking him in the face everytime he said something racist.[/quote]

Cool! :D

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
actually, there are a lot of

actually, there are a lot of white supremacist groups in jail

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Right, right, right, all

Right, right, right, all Christians are just like Fred Phelps. They're all hateful and hypocritical.

Guilt By Association fallacy. Thank you, and goodbye.

~P-Dunn

Sir-Think-A-Lot
Sir-Think-A-Lot's picture
User is offlineOffline
nadene667

[quote=nadene667]www.godhatesfags.com

This website appalls me. You tell me christians are loving, they're nothing but hypocrits.[/quote]

While I agree this website is appalling. It only reflects maybe 2% of all Christians out there. So I hardly think you can call all Christians hypocrites on that.

sunflash
User is offlineOffline
And since most of us ignore

And since most of us ignore him as being an idiot....

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
sunflash wrote:And since

[quote=sunflash]And since most of us ignore him as being an idiot....[/quote]

And with good reason...he is.

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
I agree that the existence

I agree that the existence of Fred Phelps says nothing about Christians(obviously, he's just a nutjob who doesn't reflect on mainstream Christian views) but... is there not still an argument to be made for the hypocrisy who believe in the divine inspiration oof something, yet pick and choose what they believe among it? It kinda proves that independent of religion, we have an ability to determine morality.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
HOLY CRAP that is 2% of

HOLY CRAP that is 2% of Christians!!!!

I thought it as just Fred and his relatives. Look it up...

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
according to

according to http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/beliefnet_poll_010718.html

83% of americans are christians

if america has 300,951,513 people (http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html)

then there are 249789755.79 christians in the U.S.

That means that 4995795.1158 people beleve this! Almost 5 million...

1.65999% of americans (i was bored)

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Guruite wrote:according to

[quote=Guruite]according to http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/beliefnet_poll_010718.html

83% of americans are christians

if america has 300,951,513 people (http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html)

then there are 249789755.79 christians in the U.S.

That means that 4995795.1158 people beleve this! Almost 5 million...

1.65999% of americans (i was bored)
[/quote]

Damn, that's a lot of people! :O

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haha Quote:I thought it as

Haha

[quote]I thought it as just Fred and his relatives. Look it up...[/quote]

i diddnt see this for some reason hahah, Ol' Freddy and his Extended relatives... (I dont know... just seemed funny to me)

And yes, it is a lot of people... i wonder if that percentage is growing or shrinking as time passes

I Have A Clever Name
User is offlineOffline
Quote:This website appalls

[quote]This website appalls me. You tell me christians are loving, they're nothing but hypocrits.[/quote]

Westboro baptist church is not representative of the entirety of Christendom - be careful not to generalise. There are liberal Christians, but whether their tolerant view of homosexuality is biblically justifiable is another matter.

sunflash
User is offlineOffline
I dunno...2%? That's being

I dunno...2%? That's being very generous. I'm thinking maybe more along the lines of .000002% Maybe .0000000002%.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I sure hope so... but after

I sure hope so... but after watching Jesus Camp... im not so sure... BTW my internet blocker now blocks that site (im not sure if it always did... i dont really remember seeing it...) under "Hate Groups"

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
I Have A Clever Name

[quote=I Have A Clever Name]Westboro baptist church is not representative of the entirety of Christendom - be careful not to generalise. There are liberal Christians, but whether their tolerant view of homosexuality is biblically justifiable is another matter.[/quote]

Well, whether the Bible condemns homosexuality or not is debateable. Most of the verses that touch on the subject are somewhat dubious.

Personally I think that it [b]is[/b] a sin. But really the issue isnt as clear cut as people like Phelps would have you believe.

Also thats not the same thing as saying that God hates homosexuals. Nor is it the same as saying that being homosexual is a choice.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
The site for the actual

The site for the actual camp, or the movie?

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The site for the

[quote]The site for the actual camp, or the movie?[/quote]

Woah, my post was way off ( I went back and looked at it) I meant the site "god hates fags" at the top of the page... i watched jesus camp... they dont really have that much in common.. sorry bout that mixup

[quote]whether the Bible condemns homosexuality or not is debateable. [/quote]

I dont think so, give me one verse that says anything good about homosexuality. But there are verses that say you must kill anyonw who lies with a man as with a woman... no, the bible is not debatable on this

[quote]Also thats not the same thing as saying that God hates homosexuals. Nor is it the same as saying that being homosexual is a choice.[/quote]

The bible dosent say that god hates homosexuals.. but it is pretty clear that he dosent like them. Homosexuality is not a choice... soo...

sunflash
User is offlineOffline
Guruite wrote:The bible

[quote=Guruite]The bible dosent say that god hates homosexuals.. but it is pretty clear that he dosent like them. Homosexuality is not a choice... soo... [/quote]

Even if it isn't (which I doubt), the Bible only condemns homosexual sex, not homosexuality in general. The OT law of "stone them" is borne from the fact that in the society they lived in, one crime could nearly cripple the already feeble order that existed. Therefore, punishments had to be very, very stiff. Many of the punishments (not the condemnations. For example: murder is still wrong) don't apply to us in our cushy 2 story houses and our nice computers and powerful government and very stable order. The determining factor between whether God still considers homosexual sex a sin or not depends on what kind of law the OT law was. If it was a universal moral law (i.e. Do not murder, Do not steal, etc.), then it still applies today. If it's a society-specifc law (like most of the laws about people's oxes escaping and whatnot), then it was fulfilled in the New Covenant under Jesus and does not apply today.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seems to me, and I know

Seems to me, and I know nothing, that such a statement is an ambivalent picking and choosing device. Whatever it is you think is right at this moment is supported. My question is this; can we have an official list of what is good and bad? i could do this in half a minute. Why can't religious people?

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
oh, ok so god gives moral

oh, ok so god gives moral law based upon his personal whims? He does it because people need hard love? ... then why couldnet he be giving false facts for them to understand? i mean, we can now accept that there is no god.. but i guess that they couldent have then.. so why dont we move up

if you insist on applieng old world science to us now then you must also use the old world morals that come along with it

Oh, and btw, why in the world would we keep outdated morals in our holy book?

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
Quote:But there are verses

[quote]But there are verses that say you must kill anyonw who lies with a man as with a woman... no, the bible is not debatable on this[/quote]

sunflash already covred the point about stoning them. But I'll also point out that theres reason to believe that the verses in Levitcus may refer to pagen sex rituals, and not necessarly homosexuality in general.

So yea I'd say there is room for debate on this.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Umm, where do you get pagan

Umm, where do you get pagan sex out of man lying with other man?

and i think that most consider pagan sex (I dont know much about it) to be just sex with ceremony... so not as offensive as homosexuality (to most people...) ... so the verse is even worse as taken this way (I dont know ... so correct me on how these are related and what you mean by pagan sex rituals - opposed to homosexuality)

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
Its simple really. Many

Its simple really. Many pagen religions involved rituals focused around sex. Somtimes said rituals were homosexual(even when the indviduals involved might not be) sometimes they were not.

The Bible [b]clearly[/b] condemns this practice. And its not too much of a stretch to think that this is an extension of this condemnation, like some of hte other Levitical laws(such as that the High priest has to wear undergarments when approaching the alter of God).

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The Bible clearly

[quote]The Bible clearly condemns this practice[/quote]

Ya, but it goes above and beyond condemnation

Ok, Pagan rituals ... does it really excuse murder? and if it did but dosent now... why do we still follow the bible on other stuff, and why dont we edit the stuff that isnt applicable out?

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
This has always bugged me.

This has always bugged me. If you decide it isn't one of those things you like, take it out of the damn bible! they have done it before!