Current "War on Terrorism" in Iraq WHAT ARE WE DOING?!?!?

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
Current "War on Terrorism" in Iraq WHAT ARE WE DOING?!?!?

Okkkayy.... For starters, I don't seem how one (namely Geroge W. Bush) can declare war against a concept. Terrorism will always be, it is simply one invoking fear into the populus. "What if they invade?!?" "What if he steals the family gems!" "Oh no! My baby!" These things have always been, since man has been here to percieve them, and debatably even longer. Also, Mission accomplished was declared 2003: 1-I am not sure, but I'm pertty sure the original mission was to gain vengeance upon Osama. 2-We used 9/11 as an excuse to go get Saddam, because he supposedly had nukes, though the threat was just as big before 9/11 as after. I'm not sure if you people knew this by the way, but about 20 years ago, we were selling weapons of mass destruction to Iran and Iraq 3-2000+ U.S. soldiers have died since "mission accomplished" and for what? Not to mention the Middle easterners and Europeans. 4-Why didn't we invade Saudi Arabia? OOO yeah!!! It's because they supply the U.S. with about 60% of our oil! Even though they were responsible for near 40% of the 9/11 bombings, but that's ok, because Bush is in this to many money anways. (Did you know he owned, and ruined and oil company in western U.S. in the early 80's? Then he worked for an oil company, and invested in bad stock, ruining that one too.) Actually, I could go on forever about this topic, but I will save my points for discussion. I would like to know what you people feel about the current war in Iraq. This supposed "Wat on Terrorism". Also, is the media "revving up" the nation?" Is supporting the troops really bringing them home? Do we have a right to police Iraq? Iran? Anyone?. Please voice any and every statement you can think of pretaining to the war. I am extremely interested, and feel I have accumulated a lot of information to back myself up, but I haven't really been able to discuss it with anyone since I have attained this information. Please post, and please post alot. (Feel free to post about ANYTHING related to the war.)

Kyzer
Kyzer's picture
User is offlineOffline
George W Bush is an ass

George W Bush is an ass hole, and doesn't know his ass from his elbow, we can just leave it from that. I don't know why they are allowing him to run this country. To some people, we are terrorists too, you know, our country was founded to get away from the oppression from the English, and we are becoming the oppressors now...

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should know now adam it

You should know now Adam it isnt as much of a war on iraq as it is a war on iran. The military now has iran between to held points. Afganistan and Iraq. The original mission is done, now there is more. The only reason I support him right now is because I am not comfortable with a country that hates us having nukes. Which is agreeable. All they need is the capacity to shoot them. They CAN develop that, it will take time, but they can. The two main worries of the U.S at the moment are Iran and North Korea. Saudi Arabia, is not one of them. We also do not rely on their oil as much as we had before. We have the new oil supply for now founded in the gulf of mexico. Isn't religion a concept? have their not been holy wars? that would be a war against a concept. The thing is when that religion decides to take action saying "that land is our holy land" or something of the sort, or threaten to do so, that is when war comes into play, or some sort of violence. Terrorism would seem to work the same way. They have taken action on it. They constantly threaten to take action on it. I remember when I got into a fight, I knew they were going to throw the first punch eventually(the one on main street I told you about), so I took the initiative and took them down first. The country is doing the same. Even if they are going about it for the wrong reasons possibly, or the wrong way, it is still going to accomplish the same thing. Which is all I want.

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:You should know

[quote=Greg]You should know now Adam it isnt as much of a war on iraq as it is a war on iran. The military now has iran between to held points. Afganistan and Iraq. The original mission is done, now there is more. The only reason I support him right now is because I am not comfortable with a country that hates us having nukes. Which is agreeable. All they need is the capacity to shoot them. They CAN develop that, it will take time, but they can. The two main worries of the U.S at the moment are Iran and North Korea. Saudi Arabia, is not one of them. We also do not rely on their oil as much as we had before. We have the new oil supply for now founded in the gulf of mexico. Isn't religion a concept? have their not been holy wars? that would be a war against a concept. The thing is when that religion decides to take action saying "that land is our holy land" or something of the sort, or threaten to do so, that is when war comes into play, or some sort of violence. Terrorism would seem to work the same way. They have taken action on it. They constantly threaten to take action on it. I remember when I got into a fight, I knew they were going to throw the first punch eventually(the one on main street I told you about), so I took the initiative and took them down first. The country is doing the same. Even if they are going about it for the wrong reasons possibly, or the wrong way, it is still going to accomplish the same thing. Which is all I want. [/quote]

First I would like to state, argeeing with Kyzer, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" -unknown.

Greg, please quit acting like I don't know things. I talk to you every day in school and you usually know if I know a fact or not. One-Hopefully no one wages nuclear war with us, because even if they can kind of keep up, they are probably going to be blown to more peices than us, they we are going to have a hell of a lot of casualties too. We have near 5,000 nukes. 2- We also have oil coming from Alaksa, and possibly Oregon, along with the Gulf may be why gas prices are going down, but they still provide us with tons (most likely still the majority) of out oil. I think that means that they ARE still one of our main concerns, having money-mongers is the white house, as we always do. 3-Just because You want you safety in the U.S., away from Iran's nukes does not mean we have the right be be a hippocritical nation that polices any other nation that might possibly gain a militaristic foothold on us. We, at this point may need to though because we have dug ourselves into such a deep hole that we can't get ourselves out, and having bashed all of out other "playground companions" in the past, no one wants to help us out. I do not we have should police the world, because our views are just are much oppinion as everyone elses. It just so happens that we have the capability do because we have to much power. That sickens me. 4-You being more concerned about your safety that the lives of the people in the middle east getting bombarded with led, and having their brains blown out is understandable, seeing as to how I like my safety too, but I do not value my safety over the lives of 2,000+ others lives, which is much less than have died in this war. I take into consideration the suffering of them, and all their family members. This may simply be an issue of ethics, but it slightly sickens me to the stomach that you would rather we invade and destroy peoples home lives and their country, slowly draining essence from their culture day by day, and attempting to infiltrate theit government and turn it into one the same as ours and also have your precious American butt safe and sound, untouched here in the U.S., than risk a war which will not occur unless the invading country wants to get ripped apart up up to 5,000 nukes and possibly along with it come harm towards you. Also, if they nuke us, you are not to worry, we live in Findlay OH, population 50,000 +/- 5,000. They aren't going to aim for us, which is what you seem to be concerned about.
5-War's on concepts having occured in the past doesn't change my oppinion. I still don't see how one can declare war on a concept. Terrorism. And in this day and age, I would expect people to acknowledge that, but I no longer do, remembering how large and populated rural America is. >>>Sadly, rural america is very poorly educated. (Not just an accusation, it's a fact, not my oppinion)

blackdiamonds_66
blackdiamonds_66's picture
User is offlineOffline
See, Maybe one of these days

See, Maybe one of these days (Probibly not, but its wishful thinking) Georgie well pull his egg shaped head out of his ass and see that he got himself way over his head, but since there was a itsy bitsy one outta milliion chance there were weapons of mass destruction over there, that was a good enough reason to invade and kill innocent people, and then find out "hey Maybe there wasn't any weapons, sorry i just slaughter woman and children, and innocent people cause im a dumb shit"
Yes i understand that we were attacked, and thousands were killed on 9-11, but rushing into this war was stupid on almost all accounts. Yes protecting our country and the people in it is very important, but we need a good reason, not revenge.. cause only wanted revenge will get us no where...
I support our troops 100% Its not their fault their leader is as smart as a goldfish

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
blackdiamonds_66 wrote:See,

[quote=blackdiamonds_66]See, Maybe one of these days (Probibly not, but its wishful thinking) Georgie well pull his egg shaped head out of his ass and see that he got himself way over his head, but since there was a itsy bitsy one outta milliion chance there were weapons of mass destruction over there, that was a good enough reason to invade and kill innocent people, and then find out "hey Maybe there wasn't any weapons, sorry i just slaughter woman and children, and innocent people cause im a dumb shit"
Yes i understand that we were attacked, and thousands were killed on 9-11, but rushing into this war was stupid on almost all accounts. Yes protecting our country and the people in it is very important, but we need a good reason, not revenge.. cause only wanted revenge will get us no where...
I support our troops 100% Its not their fault their leader is as smart as a goldfish[/quote]

You said you support the troops, as do I, but I believe bringing them home would be the correct way to support them. Also, we sold "WMD's" to various country in the middle east around 20 years ago, and I'm sure that he learned he was in over his head as soon as 9/11 occured. Also, we knew Saddam didn't have nukes, they didn't have the funds for them, or the capability to use them or defend themselves if they got into a situation where we accused them of having them, so they probably ditched them if they ever had them. Bush knows what he's doing, he's making a shit load of money, and valueing it above the worth of all the people he's causing to die.

blackdiamonds_66
blackdiamonds_66's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bringing them home IS the

Bringing them home IS the best way of supprting them, but Bush has been saying that he is making plans to bring them home for the last year or so...As much as I hope then next time he says hes bringing them home he accully is, I doubt it will be anytime soon...He may know what hes doing, and he may be making money, but he has to live with knowing he killed (not directly) but still killed thousands to get it..I wouldn't want that on my concience
Oh and thanks for the info, You learn Somthin new everyday :)