Bush's Christian War on Islamofascism

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Bush's Christian War on Islamofascism

"Bush is the most overt “Christian” president America has had in a long time. He leads the most overtly “Christian” political party on the scene and they both pursue overtly Christian agendas, policies, and values. What are the fruits of America’s ongoing experiment with Christian government?" - Austin Cline at About.com

Its scary shit... As Austin Cline says in his article, "So it doesn't really matter what Bush does — he was placed in office by God (not by a democratic election of American citizens) and this means that whatever he does is the Will of God." He is refering to how Bush and most of his supporters see him.

Full Article Here

KimTheFaerieFreak
KimTheFaerieFreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is insane. But sadly

That is insane. But sadly true. He is definatly very christian, and all his followers seem to be christian. I'm not saying that they all our, ut a majority seems to be.

GrapeScentedGuru
GrapeScentedGuru's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, the Bible does state

Well, the Bible does state that all leaders are put in power by His will, and that all serve a purpose. It also says hating government is a sin. That's what people get for following one of the most regressive texts in human history.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
i disagree with him

i disagree with him entirely. but... for some reason, the fact that iran has nukes, and is working on the technology to project them far enough, and hates us, and says they hate us, i would feel safer if they DIDNT have nukes. yeah... so i gotta follow bush for now on the whole islamic war thing going on

adaypastdead
adaypastdead's picture
User is offlineOffline
interesting point, but what

interesting point, but what makes the nations of islam hate us? Religion, point and case. I would be none the happier if bush was out of office, he makes other nations hate us because of his God serving agenda. The party I ultimately choose is the green party. Democrates and republicans have a greater than not theistic base thus you cannot elect either without attaining a some what religious agenda.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
we are still going to

we are still going to maintain a religious agenda. it is what the people want. our country was built on it, and i think it will remain this way for a while. But they still will hate us, even if the president changed. We all know a green party member's chances of getting elected are SEVERELY slim. So yeah we need to go with the majority

adaypastdead
adaypastdead's picture
User is offlineOffline
actually, our bill of rights

actually, our bill of rights were set on Natural laws, an ideal from the period of the enlightenment, these rights superceed the religions on which you say our country was founded. Also the formers of our country were of the puritains and pilgrims who came to the US, the US was founded on the seperation of church and state, not the coinciding of it. The puritains and other religious peoples set to get away from the englican church, which was the monarchy of Great Britain at the time.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
but if you remember

but if you remember correctly, the puritans ended up persecuting any other religion, and mimicking what they tried so hard to escape from.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:but if you

[quote=Greg]but if you remember correctly, the puritans ended up persecuting any other religion, and mimicking what they tried so hard to escape from. [/quote]

I remember that, I also when they saw girls dancing, they were considered witches and hanged and burned, along with 70 more.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I think I remember hearing

I think I remember hearing something about how they decided to ban christmas too.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
my point is we were still

my point is we were still founded on in. the whole seperation of church and state thing never happened.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
proof?

proof?

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:my point is we

[quote=Greg]my point is we were still founded on in. the whole seperation of church and state thing never happened. [/quote]

Of course it happened. If this country was founded on Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, the absense of any mentioning of God in the Constitution (aside from the "Year of our Lord, which was simply a formal way of stating the date at the time) speaks strongly against it. Hell, the first amendment states quite clearly "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." Again, if our country had some sort of religious agenda upon which it was founded, paradoxically, the laws forbid any sort of religious discrimination by the government.

Remember, that the "endowed by our Creator" part in the Declaration of Independence doesn't mean a whole lot because the Declaration is not a legal document.

There are plenty of quotes from our country's founders that imply that this country did not have religion as it's foundation. The Treaty of Tripoli, composed in 1796, states that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion."

I ask you to rethink your position.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
If you listen to ask and

If you listen to ask and atheist's audio on this they talked about how the reason they even have that in the declaration was because of religious complaining.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:we are still

[quote=Greg]we are still going to maintain a religious agenda. it is what the people want. our country was built on it[/quote]

Ouch.

Listen to this audio, void, just refered to:
http://www.briansapient.com/mailbag/ChristianNationSTAKS.mp3

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
just my opinion, but i dont

just my opinion, but i dont personally see it changing anytime soon

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:my point is we

[quote=Greg]my point is we were still founded on in. the whole seperation of church and state thing never happened. [/quote]

If thats true, I accuse my neigbor for working for Satan. Cause he comes on my lawn 5am to let his dog urinate on my lawn. And I know he works for him cause he wears black clothes, works on the Sabbath, and doesnt go the chruch.

What you might mean is it changed, but some religion is still in the court system today. Most are Christians are in the jury duty, so they not only see it in a rational percetive, but in a religious one too. If everyone was athiests the problems would be less.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
that sounds about right i

that sounds about right i suppose. Religion is prominent everywhere in our country.