Scary as Hell.

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Scary as Hell.

More than 50% of Americans have a “negative” or “highly negative” view of people who don’t believe in God. 70% think it important for presidential candidates to be “strongly religious.”

87% of Americans say they “NEVER doubt the existence of God.”

Only 28% of Americans believe in evolution (and two-thirds of these believe evolution was “guided by God”). 53% are actually creationists.

44% of Americans think Jesus Christ will return in the next 50 years.

28% of Americans believe that every word of the Bible is literally true.

49% believe that it is the “inspired word” of God.

83% of Americans believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

WE ARE A NATION FILLED WITH PSYCOS.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
the last one proves your

the last one proves your point entirely. and they look down on us.... ha

Stephen
Stephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
I definately believe that

I definately believe that the majority finds atheists distasteful... but I don't really mind.

Usually, they give up those prejudices as soon as they come to know an atheist personally... and if they don't then they suck so who cares? :evil:

Ph8
Ph8's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, my mom just called me

Wow, my mom just called me up and told me this information, and I was going ot make a topic about it, and was actually thinking of titleing it "scary as hell..." haha. But yeah, its scary as hell.

blood pig
blood pig's picture
User is offlineOffline
Man.. the world's fucked lol

Man..
the world's fucked lol

KimTheFaerieFreak
KimTheFaerieFreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
oh, don't I just love living

oh, don't I just love living here. *pout* THIS SUCKS. That's just too many people who don't love me!

bulldog729er
bulldog729er's picture
User is offlineOffline
reply to Stephen

[quote=Stephen]I definately believe that the majority finds atheists distasteful... but I don't really mind.

Usually, they give up those prejudices as soon as they come to know an atheist personally... and if they don't then they suck so who cares? :evil:[/quote]

ha. I am constantly reminded that I'm being prayed for every day. Even my close friends who know me personally, don't bother to ask about or question my atheism. I was studying in the chapel today (there is no other quiet place to study) and a priest threatened to give me detention because he said "the chapel is for praying". I came so close to yelling at him. I would've said something along these lines..."Prayer doesn't work, it's been statistically proven. It's just another fucking room. So why don't you realize the truth or drop dead?" I would have, of course, had detention the rest of the year or I would have been thrown out (which is dirty cause I am a senior). To summarize, every theist who listened to me still has prejudices/biases against me.

Stephen
Stephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Then they

Then they suck...
lol

Seriously though, If you're nice to people and they still think that you are evil (or whatever) because of your athe-osity, then you know that they probably need to feel that you are bad; esp. those christians who say things like "before I was saved I was a jackass"... If you aren't saved and also not a jackass that means that they were just too short in character to measure up.

(my mind is a lil wobbly at the min. sorry if this is a non-sense post)/

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
If you need a non-existent

If you need a god constantly checking you, to be good, then you certainly are a jackass. :)

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Derevirn wrote:If you need a

[quote=Derevirn]If you need a god constantly checking you, to be good, then you certainly are a jackass. :)[/quote]

Hah, exactly. If the only reason you are good is because you're looking forward to some sort of reward (in this case, heaven) then you aren't really good at all.

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
Yep... goodness is (or

Yep... goodness is (or should be) inherent to everyone. Those that aren't good should be taught how to be, not punished.