I'm one of the few pastafarians here

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I'm one of the few pastafarians here

I'm a pastafarian. Convince me to become an atheist.

First remember that the FSM is outside of space-time and in an unknowable realm. He acts in mysterious ways that we can never know.

He created the world in four days, and one day is whatever He wants it to be. There is overwhelming proof of His evidence. For example, if you crumple a piece of string or paper you always get the shape of a meatball. But so far the best evidence is the fact that the number of pirates has been changing inversely proportional to the overall temperature of the world. This is real statistical proof of the FSM.

The FSM loves you and it is for His Glory that He created you. He is all-loving but He is also just. If you do not believe in Him, you will be damned and if you do believe in Him, you spend eternity in a stripper factory and beer volcano. Which is better, to believe in Him or to not believe?

RAmen.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL you're religion makes

LOL you're religion makes more since than forming out of the dust..

Noor
User is offlineOffline
On that note, are you

On that note, are you considering converting to Pastafarianism?

[url=http://www.venganza.org]Here's where you can read more about His Noodleness.[/url]

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's a swift and simple

Here's a swift and simple refutation of Pastafarianism:

Your religion is a spoof, entirely made up for the amusement of atheists and evolutionists. The creator of the "religion", Bobby Henderson, never intended any of it to be literal; it's complete falsehood in all reality, and he knows it.

Therefore, since it was invented [i]as falsehood[/i], then your religion is therefore untrue.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
I stay away from every

I stay away from every religion/cult.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any Jeniuists in here?

Any Jeniuists in here?

Sir-Think-A-Lot
Sir-Think-A-Lot's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dave_G wrote:I stay away

[quote=Dave_G]I stay away from every religion/cult.[/quote]

Good for you.

liberal agnostic
User is offlineOffline
'm a pastafarian too. LOL. I

'm a pastafarian too. LOL. I guy sent hatemail to that sight, claiming that comparing FSM to creationism is unfair because apparently no scientists believe in FSM but many credible believe in creationism..... Yeah, whatever.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
liberal agnostic wrote:'m a

[quote=liberal agnostic]'m a pastafarian too. LOL. I guy sent hatemail to that sight, claiming that comparing FSM to creationism is unfair because apparently no scientists believe in FSM but many credible believe in creationism..... Yeah, whatever.[/quote]

No credible scientist believes in ID creationism. That's like an astronomer who believes in a geocentric solar system.

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:No credible scientist

[quote]No credible scientist believes in ID creationism. That's like an astronomer who believes in a geocentric solar system.[/quote]
Define "credible scientist."

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Not sure but I'd say a

Not sure but I'd say a credible scientist is one who is accepted in the scientific community and publishes often in secular scientific journals.

From [url=http://www.creationontheweb.com/content/view/779]here[/url]:

[i]‘What about creationist scientists publishing articles, in secular journals, which specifically come to creationist conclusions? The bitter experience of a number of us has made it clear that there is almost no chance that such articles will pass the review process, no matter what their quality. I have also had repeated correspondence with the letters editors of major journals, having submitted brief, well-written items which critiqued published conclusions favourable to long-agers or ‘big-bangers’. These contained no explicit creationist connotations, but I have concluded that, now that I am known as a creationist, such items have virtually no chance of publication.’[/i]

No scientific journal would actually accept an ID article because it's not real science. That's why creationists have had to create their own journals because secular science journals occasionally debunk creationism.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kenneth Miller is a

[url=http://www.millerandlevine.com/km/evol/index.html]Kenneth Miller[/url] is a Christian, but he's a staunch opponent of ID!

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you mean he is a

Do you mean he is a scientist? Becaue the 'but' dosent go w/ christian

Oh, and Pastafarianism is soooo wrong, Im a Dudeist www.dudeism.com (I thnk) go read about the church of the latter-day dude!

BTW, I can do weddings, pet spayings, brises (whatever the plural of bris is)

lilangelofterror
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote:I'm a

[quote=noor]I'm a pastafarian. Convince me to become an atheist.

blah blah blah blah blah....[/quote]

So how are those red herrings holding up?

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Not sure but I'd say a

[quote]Not sure but I'd say a credible scientist is one who is accepted in the scientific community and publishes often in secular scientific journals.

From here:

‘What about creationist scientists publishing articles, in secular journals, which specifically come to creationist conclusions? The bitter experience of a number of us has made it clear that there is almost no chance that such articles will pass the review process, no matter what their quality. I have also had repeated correspondence with the letters editors of major journals, having submitted brief, well-written items which critiqued published conclusions favourable to long-agers or ‘big-bangers’. These contained no explicit creationist connotations, but I have concluded that, now that I am known as a creationist, such items have virtually no chance of publication.’

No scientific journal would actually accept an ID article because it's not real science. That's why creationists have had to create their own journals because secular science journals occasionally debunk creationism.[/quote]
I see. Gotcha.

Kind of like Robert Price had to start his own journal because secular and religious scholarly journals alike debunk the Jesus-myth theory.

;-)

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Darn, did we settle on this

Darn, did we settle on this board on whether he was a myth? (Guess ill have to dig through some threads...)

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Darn, did we settle on

[quote]Darn, did we settle on this board on whether he was a myth? (Guess ill have to dig through some threads...)[/quote]
Dave recently brought back the discussion...Rook never responded to my post...Anyway.

It's honeslty sad that we still have to discuss the possibility of Jesus's non-existence as if it's reasonable.