User is offlineOffline
Jesus Camp

This is appalling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_EKHK1C2IE

UPDATE:

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
It's truly terrifying...

It's truly terrifying... brainwashing those poor children!

Ph8
Ph8's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yup, scary

Yup, scary

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Absolutely appalling! I am

Absolutely appalling! I am so offended. I "Pledge allegiance to the christian flag??!?!?!" Fuck that. I don't even say under god in school.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
No they really have their

No they really have their own flag and their own pledge for it.

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow. Well, i will never

Wow. Well, i will never pledge my allegiance to that!

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I don't do the US

Yeah I don't do the US pledge either. I saw a thing on rise of the religious right and they had a segment on a faith-based school. They did pledge to the US flag then to the christian flag then go through the brainwashing classes. It was crazy reminded me of the hitler youth, more so then this thing.

KimTheFaerieFreak
KimTheFaerieFreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
...it kind of reminds me of

...it kind of reminds me of a cult.

Those poor children

gogoguru
gogoguru's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoa... That video was

Whoa... That video was fucked up.

Religious extremism like that scares the shit out of me.

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know. Seriously, they're

I know. Seriously, they're getting kids started.... Look at their faces in the video... it makes me sick.

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
What is that kid with the

What is that kid with the ponytail talking about, he wanted more of life when he was five? bullshit! He was just brainwashed! This is abuse no matter what they say.

blood pig
blood pig's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the fuck.. That's

What the fuck..
That's really fucking scary

Sprinklesss
Sprinklesss's picture
User is offlineOffline
scary..uhh i have a question

scary..uhh i have a question though...was the video encouraging the camp or was it like trying to show how scary it was..?

GrapeScentedGuru
GrapeScentedGuru's picture
User is offlineOffline
It was showing both sides of

It was showing both sides of the spectrum.

'They're taking children and putting them in camps, we're putting our kids in Bible camp. They're putting grenades in their kids' hands.' - Fat woman

'We're training to be God's army.' - Kid

lolhypocrits@u

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
GrapeScentedGuru wrote:It

[quote=GrapeScentedGuru]It was showing both sides of the spectrum.

'They're taking children and putting them in camps, we're putting our kids in Bible camp. They're putting grenades in their kids' hands.' - Fat woman

'We're training to be God's army.' - Kid

lolhypocrits@u[/quote]
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
I almost forgot that this

I almost forgot that this documentary should be released already. If they play it in any local theatre I plan to go see it. It is scary, I agree, but then again, what else do I expect from religious fundamentalists?

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Love? wait, no... but,

Love?

wait, no...

but, no...

gadamn conflicting views of the same subject matter!!!

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh I will definitely see it.

Oh I will definitely see it. It will be a pretty interesting show.

GeneralRamos
GeneralRamos's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm saddened, sickened, and

I'm saddened, sickened, and appalled. It's disturbing to see kids so young so militantly religious. That they're so brainwashed by that age... ugh. "I was saved at 5". These kids are being tought from day one that they need 'saving', that they're bad by their very nature and need forgiveness. This is why theism is a bad thing. It's control.

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think that this is

I think that this is something that deserves to be moved to the front page. Thanks Toxicat for this find and I hope more people can see how appalling this video is.

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
The submission date for the

The submission date for the article was changed to when it was moved to the front of the page.

WhereDoWeGoLove
WhereDoWeGoLove's picture
User is offlineOffline
ugh

that is disgusting.

"How many of you would give your lives for god?"

blehhh. i can't stand that.

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here guys, check if it's an

Here guys, check if it's at a theater near you.

http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/theatreList.html

It's playing in Seattle the 6th, I think I might go see it, but it's an hour and a half drive from the college…

There are two other small clips from the film you can see if you go under the videos section at http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/ The one with the woman is especially freaky.

Noah
Noah's picture
User is offlineOffline
i think its good for kids to

i think its good for kids to have something to believe in and to believe in it that strongly eventualy they will be faced with a splitin the path and will have the choice to believe in nothing or believe in God so as long as they are faced with the choice i dont understand what you all are so upset about

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Noah wrote:i think its good

[quote=Noah]i think its good for kids to have something to believe in and to believe in it that strongly eventualy they will be faced with a splitin the path and will have the choice to believe in nothing or believe in God so as long as they are faced with the choice i dont understand what you all are so upset about[/quote]

Are you joking?

This kind of brainwashing of children will not eventually lead them to splitting the path. It's this kind of brainwashing that does not lead to them facing a choice, because they are not allowed to THINK. There is no choice to make, because the whole act of making a choice is foreign to them. They have been told what to do by superiors their whole life; what makes you think they will suddenly start thinking on their own?

Blind belief in a cause is never good, no matter what it is. One must think their position through, logically derive it; not have it crammed down their throat.

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
How about believing strongly

How about believing strongly in nazism? And you have to understand that most of those kids won't have any kind of choice, as ideas become almost innate at this age.

adaypastdead
adaypastdead's picture
User is offlineOffline
In the american nazi

In the american nazi movement, children plegded their alligence to the christian flag, the american flag both, along side the swastika. This kind of fundamentalism is the same kind that motivated nazism, the spanish inquisiton, the dark ages, and the great crusades. It is the justification of murder and hate in the name of an "omnibenevolent" being? that sounds quite contradictory to me, Noah. But then again, they supposidly have "free will" along the premises of gods plan? wait another conrtadiction? and saying their path will split? do you mean away from god? i mean if he knew that they would stop beleiving, why not just control them like he did the pharrow in exodus?

This is the problem with fundamentalism, now they are dancing, and hating, next they are slaughtering, and being merciless hate mongers. The only chance they have and the world has is to end fundamentalism like this, and not through moderation, a complete hault of all religions. we have to stop training the youth of today to be the nazi's of tommarrow. end religion for our futures sake. Point and case.

AcidPrince
AcidPrince's picture
User is offlineOffline
hehe i think they are scared

hehe i think they are scared and are turning to brainwashing the children to fight us off ;) }:)

Noah
Noah's picture
User is offlineOffline
so what.

ok you all are blowing my comment way out of proportion. I didnt say anything about free will, or the exodus, or anything of the sort. All I'm trying to say is that they will either have a belief system or they wont, eventualy they will see that other viewpoints exist and will have a choice to believe in them or not (again not saying that they will or will not split from the "path of God"). The way I see it if you tell children about going to heaven then they will have hope, if you tell them they will die and their bodies will rot in the ground and thats the end, well not exactly a childrens story if you ask me (wheather or not you believe it). Athiest and christians alike tell their children fairy tells of kings and queens and dragons and things, you [i]know[/i] those arent true but you still tell them the stories because people like to believe there is more to this miserable world. So in essence whats the harm of them believing in a God that according to most of you doesnt exist, if He truly doesnt exist why should you care?

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Noah wrote:So in essence

[quote=Noah]So in essence whats the harm of them believing in a God that according to most of you doesnt exist, if He truly doesnt exist why should you care?[/quote]

What's the problem? Take a look at history. Wars, genocides, repressive laws, faith-based initiatives — much of it was based on religion. If you want to see problems with believing in a God as fervently as these kids do in this documentary take a look at Sharia law in Islamic countries, take a look at the Crusades, take a look at 9/11…

This is the problem with fundamentalist belief in religion.

Noah
Noah's picture
User is offlineOffline
thats all well and good but

thats all well and good but the christian fundamentalist beliefs dont want to "kill the infidels" they want to convert them so the worst thing that may happen is one may come up to you and talk to you about Jesus and you walk away is that all that bad?

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
They're preaching

They're preaching intolerance (us or them) and apocalyptic insanity (generation for the arrival of jesus or something). That is pretty bad on any basis.

Noah
Noah's picture
User is offlineOffline
intolerance i suppose in a

intolerance i suppose in a way but like i said they only want to convert you because they think you will be better off. as for apocalyptic insanity again they dont have some plan of murder or plan of anything bad that is their doing to the non-christians, plus they dont even know when it, is going to happen, because the Jesus said 'no man will know the date of my return'

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Noah wrote:intolerance i

[quote=Noah]intolerance i suppose in a way but like i said they only want to convert you because they think you will be better off. as for apocalyptic insanity again they dont have some plan of murder or plan of anything bad that is their doing to the non-christians, plus they dont even know when it, is going to happen, because the Jesus said 'no man will know the date of my return' [/quote]

In 1997, a quarter of Christians beileved that Jesus would return within their lifetimes. Just two years later that number climbed to 45%. So, while Christians don't have a set date to agree on; they still think it's going to happen in the near future.

I am wondering if you watched the video that Toxicat linked? The woman running the bible camp stated (if not in that main video, then in the others you can find on the documentary's website) that she wanted her kids to get as fired up about Jesus as students of fundamentalist Islam get, to the point where they are ready to die for the religion.

That is what scares me most about this. You indoctrinate these kids at a young age to believe blindly, to go out and convert or die for God. It's rather frightening.

xerobebop
User is offlineOffline
Lucretius wrote:Noah

[quote=Noah]
I am wondering if you watched the video that Toxicat linked? The woman running the bible camp stated (if not in that main video, then in the others you can find on the documentary's website) that she wanted her kids to get as fired up about Jesus as students of fundamentalist Islam get, to the point where they are ready to die for the religion.

That is what scares me most about this. You indoctrinate these kids at a young age to believe blindly, to go out and convert or die for God. It's rather frightening.[/quote]
The scariest part, I think, is that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these kids' parents are pushing this on the kids, too. Not only the fat crazy one, but did you SEE the size of that group of kids? Put a god rifle in each of their hands and they're damn near an army. I can guarentee that some of these kids are going to blow up abortion clinics or something like that, because to them it's the word of their god.

Religion is more than scary. It's fucking terrifying, and it WILL be the undoing of all of us.

Noah
Noah's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lucretius wrote: In 1997, a

[quote=Lucretius]
In 1997, a quarter of Christians beileved that Jesus would return within their lifetimes. Just two years later that number climbed to 45%. So, while Christians don't have a set date to agree on; they still think it's going to happen in the near future.
[/quote]

and are you a ware that in the few years after Jesus' death that almost all christians believed that christ would come back with in their lifetime?

as for the army of christians i really dont think they will do any damage fundamentalist christians have been around since the late 50's and havent done anything yet (blown up buildings or killed non-christians) because its against their religion.

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Noah wrote:Lucretius

[quote=Noah][quote=Lucretius]
[/quote]

and are you a ware that in the few years after Jesus' death that almost all christians believed that christ would come back with in their lifetime?

as for the army of christians i really dont think they will do any damage fundamentalist christians have been around since the late 50's and havent done anything yet (blown up buildings or killed non-christians) because its against their religion.
[/quote]

I'm well aware of the fact. This doesn't stop them from radically trying conversion tactics in preparation for the doomsday they foresaw. It also doesn't mean that today's fundamentlists will learn any lessons and not pull the same thing.

As for America's Christian's not murdering; well they have been trying to destroy public education regarding evolution, sex ed, as well as clouding abortion issues, stopping stem cell research, etc.

There are plenty of other ways religious fundamentalists can infringe upon the rights of others without killing or maiming them.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Quote:thats all well and

[quote]thats all well and good but the christian fundamentalist beliefs dont want to "kill the infidels" they want to convert them so the worst thing that may happen is one may come up to you and talk to you about Jesus and you walk away is that all that bad?[/quote]

Have you read the bible? It says to kill people if they follow other gods or don't think like you. Now you might say that no one could possibly think that would be ok, but history tells us differently and there are enough charismatic people floating around to get people to follow them in this [i]logic[/i].

[quote]The way I see it if you tell children about going to heaven then they will have hope, if you tell them they will die and their bodies will rot in the ground and thats the end, well not exactly a childrens story if you ask me[/quote]

Also Noah atheist don't tell little kids scary stories to sway their childrens belief in something, at least I wouldn't. What stories would an atheist tell there kids? Personally I will raise my kids in an environment in which they can question. I'm not going to tell them "there is no god and anyone who thinks it is a dumbass" even I feel that way. They ask me a question like what happens when something dies I will have to tell them life comes to an end that is just the way of life. Everyone must deal with the concept of death at some point and I don't have to tell them what I see is a lie to them in order to comfort them through it. And what about the other half of your after-life picture? That is some scary shit. Not you're not in existence anymore, but if you piss of god he is going to punish you forever. My little sister had to deal with one of her friends ask her about god and her friend tell her that if she doesn't believe she will go to hell. They were only 7 or 8 at the time. DO YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD THING?!?!

[quote]as for the army of christians i really don’t think they will do any damage fundamentalist christians have been around since the late 50's and haven’t done anything yet (blown up buildings or killed non-christians) because its against their religion.[/quote]

Waco anyone? Oklahoma City Bombing? Fundamentalist are not one group that are all work together, that would be like saying Bin Laden and the people behind the London bombings work together. And the idea that it is against their religion is a very odd statement. The bible says that you can if it is god's will and there are people who want to do just that.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
I feel another Crusade

I feel another Crusade coming on.

Noah
Noah's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Have you read the

[quote]Have you read the bible? It says to kill people if they follow other gods or don't think like you.[/quote]

could i get a verse on that im not familiar with that verse

[quote]And what about the other half of your after-life picture? That is some scary shit. Not you're not in existence anymore, but if you piss of god he is going to punish you forever. My little sister had to deal with one of her friends ask her about god and her friend tell her that if she doesn't believe she will go to hell. They were only 7 or 8 at the time. DO YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD THING?!?![/quote]

no i dont think thats a good thing im sorry you sister was scared like that. and what about Hell? youre right its not a pretty picture but it is easily avoidable (that is if you believe in it) all you have to do is believe in Jesus Christ not that hard, so for christians its not something that scares us because we are confident we arent going there what scares us it that others are.

[quote] [quote]
as for the army of christians i really don’t think they will do any damage fundamentalist christians have been around since the late 50's and haven’t done anything yet (blown up buildings or killed non-christians) because its against their religion.[/quote]

Waco anyone? Oklahoma City Bombing? [/quote]

Waco was the branch dividians not fundamentalist christians

Oklahoma City Bombing again branch dividians trying to pay the gov. back for Waco again nothing to do with fundamentalist christians

**xerobebop please be careful who it is you are quoting

ic0n0clast
ic0n0clast's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really do think these

I really do think these parents belong in mental institutions.

Hobo2101
Hobo2101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus Camp

Jesus' Army?
It's like terrorism on wheels.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Noah wrote: could i get a

[quote=Noah]
could i get a verse on that[bible saying to kill people for following other gods] im not familiar with that verse[/quote]
Deuteronomy 13
1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

11And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,

13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

14Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

16And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

17And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;

18When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

Again have you read the bible?

[quote]no i dont think thats a good thing im sorry you sister was scared like that. and what about Hell? youre right its not a pretty picture but it is easily avoidable (that is if you believe in it) all you have to do is believe in Jesus Christ not that hard, so for christians its not something that scares us because we are confident we arent going there what scares us it that others are.[/quote]
But if you don't then badness... If you tell a little kid about hell then tack on "And if you don't believe in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, whom died for our sins, then you go there, but if you do then nothing bad can happen after you die" then it might be a little scary to the little kid who questions. Also it is making it so that they must believe in it or, like I said, badness.

Plus http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/saved.html

[quote]Waco was the branch dividians not fundamentalist christians

Oklahoma City Bombing again branch dividians trying to pay the gov. back for Waco again nothing to do with fundamentalist christians
[/quote]
http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/bran.html

Their holy book is the bible, "Koresh believed, he would bring about the second coming of Jesus Christ", "The Branch Davidians 'embrace the core teachings of the Seventh-Day Adventists.' The SDA Church follows most of the conservative Christian beliefs: creation, original sin, the virgin birth, the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden, the divinity of Christ, the Trinity, belief in Satan as evil, the infallibility of Scripture, salvation by the atonement of Christ, etc."

Not christians fundamentalist?

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

xerobebop
User is offlineOffline
Noah wrote: **xerobebop

[quote=Noah]
**xerobebop please be careful who it is you are quoting[/quote]
Oh, trust me, I knew who I was quoting.

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update Toxicat.

This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach, it even makes everyone in my family sick. People like this are the ones that are threatening America's future.

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
Worshipping a Bush

Worshipping a Bush picture... so scary and funny at the same time.

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
In my opinion, worshipping

In my opinion, worshipping bush is like worshipping satan.

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
Nah... Satan (if he existed

Nah... Satan (if he existed at all) would be a lot smarter than Bush! ;)

blood pig
blood pig's picture
User is offlineOffline
Derevirn wrote:Nah... Satan

[quote=Derevirn]Nah... Satan (if he existed at all) would be a lot smarter than Bush! ;)[/quote]
couldn't have said it better myself buddy.

Pheyon
Pheyon's picture
User is offlineOffline
who would even want to see

who would even want to see this movie? Seriously. I showed the preview to a friend of mine who's very christian and conservative, and even he was apalled