Don't do drugs.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't do drugs.

This guy is the best example of why you should say no to drugs. :)
Don't click on the link if you're not bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu10m_-UyDg&eurl=

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seems to me that the

Seems to me that the overwhelming number of people who do drugs are fine, if not happier. I haven't done drugs, but they might be the greatest thing in the world. I just don't know. And drugs can mess you over, but in all my experience of knowing dozens of people who do drugs, it doesn't. Do what makes you feel happy.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Certain drugs can mess up

Certain drugs can mess up your health, even kill you (or start the concept of Santa Claus) but in the mean time, they make people happy. I can agree with you on that. Hell, I wouldn't mind smoking a joint or two.

That guy in the video must have been on some good sh**, though.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, of course we should

Yes, of course we should keep in mind that without drugs, we might have another bs reason to give presents on December 25th. And no more Jimmy Hendrix. :(

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Wow, the fellow in the video

Wow, the fellow in the video sure is a burnout. Personally I think religion is sort of a drug actually - it does make people happy but it weakens them also.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
The guy in that video is

The guy in that video is known as Bling Bling, he's from the movie "Bumfights", I think.

Religion gives people comfort about certain things, too. Like they want to believe that there's an old man in the sky with a beard, watching over them, and waiting for us in heaven. Otherwise they start to feel like they're alone and it makes them feel scared. But to teach that stuff to children is wrong, then those kids start feeling the same way as they get older. Then, they teach that to their kids, those kids teach it to theirs, and it just keeps going. So religion can also be a disease.

This may be off-topic, but since this is also about drugs, Terence McKenna has this theory that apes started eating psilocybin-containing mushrooms, which helped them evolved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna#The_.22Stoned_Ape.22_theory_of_human_evolution

GrapeScentedGuru
GrapeScentedGuru's picture
User is offlineOffline
JoshHickman wrote:Seems to

[quote=JoshHickman]Seems to me that the overwhelming number of people who do drugs are fine, if not happier. I haven't done drugs, but they might be the greatest thing in the world. I just don't know. And drugs can mess you over, but in all my experience of knowing dozens of people who do drugs, it doesn't. Do what makes you feel happy.[/quote]

You mean like religion? Or like how eating children made Albert Fish happy?

It kills people, man. I've lost too many friends to that shit. Two OD'd, one in rehab, and another, fuck. He went to Juvy, then rehab, then boot camp, then rehab again, then to some retreat in the fucking woods, and now he's some completely different person. It fucking scares me. So don't mess with that shit, and don't think that it's no big deal just because they tell you about it at school.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
The people I know only do

The people I know only do Marijuana. As for other drugs, their effect is completely unknown to me. And to clarify, I do not advocate taking drugs. No worries. All I say is that people should be able to do whatever they want. Trying to persuade people based on individual cases is tacky, at best. Do research. Some drugs can mess up your life quickly, like Herion. If people choose to be ignorant and shoot up or snort whatever comes their way, it is their choice. But a fine line must be drawn. You cannot infringe upon my rights. You doing drugs never has.

Drugs like herion DO have ligit uses, such as pain relief. It does work, otherwise people wouldn't use it. Every person has to weigh the benefits with the risks. For instance, my Grandmother who is dying from 4th stage breast cancer that has spread to her entire body (as well as being allergic to Chemotherapy), might decide that a morphine drip is a good idea. Where do I, or anyone else, get to push themselves into that choice? Or any other choice? You own your life. Why don't you just cite studies? Herion is a risky substance to mess with, and you can show that. So show it is true, and if people cannot figure it out on their own already, with all the information freely available, they cannot hold the drugs responsible. That kind of ignorance leads to drinking gasoline and bleach. We don't blame substances for the people's mistakes.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you apply that same line

Do you apply that same line of reasoning to owning guns? (I do ... I am just wondering if you see a distinction)

Drugs are people's own problem... the government has no right to interfere...

Do you think that the government have the right to use funds to educate the masses on the dangers of drugs? I mean the actual "combat" of the war on drugs is only one step... stuff like the DARE program are another. Does the government have the right ot make such programs?

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, the government has no

No, the government has no right to take money from its citizens by force (because the money they take, is, of course, by force), and use it to spread meaningless messages. I wouldn't even support the distribution of purely informational packets. The government has no right to constantly harass children, or anyone.

Guns are protected by the 2nd amendment. The guns they are refering to are used to kill people. Government officials. I have a right to carry a gun on me, and it is my responsibility as a citizen to overthrow a corrupt or tyrannical government.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ya, I agree.. Quote:Guns

Ya, I agree..

[quote]Guns are protected by the 2nd amendment.[/quote]

That does not make them automatically right... The bill o' rights could be wrong (i dont beleve so... but prohibition amendemnt was)

[quote]it is my responsibility as a citizen to overthrow a corrupt or tyrannical government.[/quote]

Haha, I think it is your responsibility as a moral person to overthrow a government like that... a good citizen proably wouldent do that... just lie low.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Personally I support rights

Yeah, personally I support rights to do drugs and I'm against regulation of them, but I don't think I would ever do them myself. I don't have a gun myself, but I will probably later. I have every right to defend myself no matter how much violence it takes.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I sometimes ask myself, "Why

I sometimes ask myself, "Why have you been practicing martial arts for years when you can just buy a gun and shoot the sucker?"

Lol.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Lol, a close friend of mine

Lol, a close friend of mine is into martial arts too, and we were discussing politics and I said that people should be able to defend themselves. He was like, "Can you?" and I was like, "Well, uhhh...I'll just use a gun or pepper spray to defend myself." lol.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lol. Well, I've learned to

:D Lol.

Well, I've learned to disarm a gun in my martial arts class. I would like to use my nunchucks sometime, though. 8)

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Martial arts is cool... but

Martial arts is cool... but as far as defence... I would rather have a gun (as would most people)

Martial arts is an activity... so it has a value in and of itself ...

THis is going off topic... but with self defence... i thought it would be cool to make a cane that had a tube of lighter fluid in it... and a trigger... so you could whip it out and pull the trigger.. making an instant torch on the end of a stick (just a wacky idea)

Besides all of the reasons stated above to not do drugs... some drigs are smuggled in peoples rectum... just gives me the whillies to think about doing them after that

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
I'd rather strive to live in

I'd rather strive to live in a world that agrees with me in seeing a gun as a waste of natural resources.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
At factories that

At factories that manufacture handguns, do bored workers take spare parts and point them at coworkers and make "pkew pkew" sound effects?

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
I completely agree that guns

I completely agree that guns may sometimes be a waste of resources. But if everyone agrees to stop making guns, someone else will take their place. Trying to get rid of guns empowers those who have them.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I personally think that it

I personally think that it would be a nicer world if we diddnt have such weapons... but it is not practical to see all guns as a wast of metal (Hunting, Target shooting... Polishing... Engraving ... see some guns have a purpose that is not killing people)

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist wrote:At

[quote=American Atheist]At factories that manufacture handguns, do bored workers take spare parts and point them at coworkers and make "pkew pkew" sound effects?[/quote]
Man, I hope so. I'd totally sit there and make bat-orangs instead.

'Tom, what are you doing?'
'I'm Batman.'
'What is that-- AURGH! MY JUGULAR!'
'Oh snap! It works!'

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wonder if someone has

I wonder if someone has acutally tried to use some sort of a batman weapon as a weapon...

If i could make stuff like that... i would soooo make the klingon blades... (bat' leths or something like that... cant remember) And phasers

Scratch that... lightsabers...all the way

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I was 11 I designed a

When I was 11 I designed a theoretical lightsaber. It was a crazy good idea, but the suppies are only know available to me. Also, incredible memory on the batleth.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I actually tried to design

I actually tried to design one... (ignoring the terriable power consumptions..) how would get it to stop at the end? ... I just couldent figure that out... I think that some sort of magnets... and electrical arc... radation... gravity (black hole) antimatter and faith healing coudl make one........ or mabey i should work on a phaser gun

[quote]Also, incredible memory on the batleth.[/quote]

Was i right? Ill need to check.........*wiki'n*.,...... cool...

[quote]but the suppies are only know available to me[/quote]

Wow, i want them to violate laws of physics (just to keep them on their toes)

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is top secret, but you

It is top secret, but you would have to reload, and, as far as I can imagine, it would go slightly faster than a musket.

It had to do with a thin carbon fibre casing, and mirrors, as well as this new flashlight mod that makes them bright enough to light paper on fire. Very devious.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It is top secret, but

[quote]It is top secret, but you would have to reload, and, as far as I can imagine, it would go slightly faster than a musket. [/quote]

No way, I would power it by harvesting god's enormous energies (obviously by kriptonite)

[quote]It had to do with a thin carbon fibre casing, and mirrors, as well as this new flashlight mod that makes them bright enough to light paper on fire. Very devious.[/quote]

is there really a flashlight mod like that... or is it still in constrution (or is it topsecret too?)

And that does sound devious.. sorta like teh laser from real genius (hehe, i like that movie..... "self realization - I was reflecting on teh immortal words of socraties who said "I drank what?"

and for some reason I have deja vu for posting this... I dunno

But back to drugs... what is the worst drug of them all? I have heard that PCP is pretty hard ...

And as long as were on the subject of drugs... is curarie (spelling?) Legal for the open market?

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I heard that DMT is one of

I heard that DMT is one of the most illegal drugs in the world, yet everyone makes it in their brain. It's some weird shit, but I'll find a link about it later.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dont know about most

I dont know about most illegal... i mean more like most addictive/ make you do the craziest stuff

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is DMT? Anyhow, don't

What is DMT?

Anyhow, don't spoil the Kyptonite Lightsaber plans! If humanity knows more, something bad will happen! At least, they told be so in Star Trek....

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dont know, Ill wiki it -

I dont know, Ill wiki it - it is a class 1 drug (so it is on the same level as pot) but cocaine is class 2 which means that it also has a medical use... so i wouldent go by the govenrment

either way it seemed to be a more powerful lsd in its effects

[quote]they told be so in Star Trek....[/quote]

If only Picard had had a lightsaber!

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
You'd need an arc wave to

You'd need an arc wave to create a lightsaber. It's a specific sort of ionic field that alters polarity at a certain point while maintainging velocity, causing the energy 'blade' to fold in on itself and return to the lightsaber, thus creating the so called 'unlimited' battery supply.

That's also why only a lightsaber can stop a lightsaber. The polarities push against each other like magnets.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool, would an arc wave

Cool, would an arc wave create the smooth apperance of a lightsaber? (it would be cool nonetheless)

[quote]That's also why only a lightsaber can stop a lightsaber. The polarities push against each other like magnets.[/quote]

so lightsabers are hard to control in supermagnets?... Interesting location for a battle between Yoda, Luke, Vader, and The emporer.

Haha, Drugs to arc waves... haha I love tangents (spelling? ... Come to think of it i dont know if I have ever seen tangents used in such a case in writing before... (just a weird thought))