Left Behind video game

Toxicat
Toxicat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Left Behind video game

"It's a group of fanatic Christians who are destined to take over America for the purpose of establishing a theocracy, much like the Taliban in Afghanistan. It's designed to teach children to kill whoever will not convert. They must kill all 'Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, gays and anyone who advocates the separation of church and state.'"

Yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRT7E_XColA

Whitecrow
Whitecrow's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mmm, I know. It's like

Mmm, I know. It's like frying brain cells and winning over converts at the same time! I actually tried to download the demo of that game several times and gape in shock and awe to the lowest level Christian fundamentalism has fallen, but for some reason the demo could not install, Jesus apparently does not love my computer. But surfing that game's website is quite amusing-

http://www.eternalforces.com/

I'm especially flattered when under the "characters" section under the PeaceKeepers tab we find the level 3 Recruiter working for the Anti-Christ as- Secularist:

"Special Abilities: Swear, Recruit, Mega Sight, Set Rally

Trained By: College

With the limitless resources of the Global Community behind him, the Secularist spews forth propaganda to convince all to join his side. The tough part is that he believes every bit of it himself, and his passion for this “information warfare” helps to deceive even more people. With access to the GC's amazing satellite network, the Secularist can view the entire map, even revealing camouflaged units, without 'Fog of War' restrictions for a long period of time."

Let's see now- getting a college education, joining a peace keeping force, preserving the secular values of the west, basing beliefs on logic, evidence, reasoning, and get portrayed in gordeous pixalated glory... Where do I sign up?

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Woah, that was close! I was

Woah, that was close! I was lucky enough to NOT have a character named after me. Jim Hickman is a character though. Too close for comfort. *quiver in fear of radical Christians*

Dante626
Dante626's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ya know, it was only a

Ya know, it was only a matter of time. There are religious books, religious movies, religious music, but video games have for the longest time been seen as simply children's games. Now that people are starting to realize that they are another form of media and art, we are going to see a lot more games trying to get a particular groups interests furthered. I think it's sad, because we may see the death of truly deep and thought-provoking games like Xenogears.

Whitecrow
Whitecrow's picture
User is offlineOffline
Funny how religion is

Funny how religion is undergoing the very thing it wishes to deny (evolution).

UltraWill
UltraWill's picture
User is offlineOffline
This was the bomb

This was the bomb though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Adventures

Dante626
Dante626's picture
User is offlineOffline
Or it sucked and was an

Or it sucked and was an unoriginal knock-off of Mario.

UltraWill
UltraWill's picture
User is offlineOffline
Regardless, whip it out at a

Regardless, whip it out at a party and you'll have WAY more fun than sitting there whining about how bad The Left Behind series is =D

Dante626
Dante626's picture
User is offlineOffline
Most certainly, even my

Most certainly, even my Christian friends would have fun mocking it. And then even that would get old and we would bust out HALO or something like that. Or we would engage ourselves in a debate. Or something else of that nature.

toaaj42
User is offlineOffline
I've heard of the game. That

I've heard of the game.
That video clip is a dead link though.
Here's a new semi-funny one (not sure if the one you had posted was semi-funny or serious)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-hzYodttU

Justin
User is offlineOffline
oh man! you just blessed his

oh man! you just blessed his head off!

you just saved that guy right between the eyes!

toaaj42
User is offlineOffline
Finally, a violent video

Finally, a violent video game you can trust to raise your kids.

The difference between murder and eternal salvation 3 points.

Justin
User is offlineOffline
toaaj42 wrote:Finally, a

[quote=toaaj42]Finally, a violent video game you can trust to raise your kids.

The difference between murder and eternal salvation 3 points.[/quote]
isn't that just ridiculous?
i can imagine religious families playing this game and saying "high score, im definitely getting into heaven!"

toaaj42
User is offlineOffline
Yep. The sad part is I

Yep. The sad part is I don't doubt that I know people who have the game.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't played it yet.

I haven't played it yet.