Misconceptioner says...

FTT Management
User is offlineOffline
Misconceptioner says...

YOU RESPOND:

[quote]
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 27, 2006 9:42 PM

I finally am able to check up on things. I noticed I added you not too long ago. You seem to be an angry "bible basher" type. You should check out my blogs--mainly my blog on freethinkers. I wrote it a ways back. Also, What traumatic experience in your life caused you to hate the Bible moreso than any other religious view.

peace,
Joshua[/quote]

Voided
User is offlineOffline
That is silly Josh. I can't

That is silly Josh. I can't speak for all freethinkers, but I know nothing 'traumatic' happened to me for me to lose any kind of faith. Now this 'bible bashing' you talk about is probably because FTT is a mostly western and most westerners will deal with christians more then other religions.

Also christians are more likely to try to convert someone then others. If there was a group that you had a lot of contact with and keep trying to tell you to believe or burn wouldn't you have a problem with it?

Kyzer
Kyzer's picture
User is offlineOffline
HEHE, BIBLE BASHER, *sigh*

HEHE, BIBLE BASHER,

*sigh* I never bashed a bible...

bashing...

errr, and thats being stereotypical.

No, i don't bash the bible, but the bible mashes peoples minds :-P

Bashh
Bashh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually Josh, we hate the

Actually Josh, we hate the bible because of it's intolerance and bigotry. If you had actually read the bible like the majority of us have, you would realize this as well. Most of us are bible 'bashers' because it was the book we grew up on, and in tern it was the one that we had the readymost access to, meaning it was the one ignorant book we had a good chance to pick apart and come to hate. If we were raised up on the Quran and were still the same people, we'd have a larger issue with the Quran than the bible. That is, at least we would have a bigger contemptment towards it. See we don't hate the bible more than teh Quran, we just have had more interaction with it.

Kyzer
Kyzer's picture
User is offlineOffline
and if you just heard the

and if you just heard the bible from church and never at home, they tend to skip over the bad parts :)

Kevinissmart
User is offlineOffline
Peace? How can you use

Peace? How can you use peace! You support the bible! Peace is the atheists view of life! Don't you mean, war? All right, the thing that made me hate the bible is that, unlike you, I read it....
Peace,
An atheist

Bashh
Bashh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kyzer wrote:and if you just

[quote=Kyzer]and if you just heard the bible from church and never at home, they tend to skip over the bad parts :)[/quote]

Quite so. I've never heard 'stone any homosexual you come apon' at mass.

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
Kevinissmart wrote:Peace?

[quote=Kevinissmart]Peace? How can you use peace! You support the bible! Peace is the atheists view of life! Don't you mean, war? All right, the thing that made me hate the bible is that, unlike you, I read it....
Peace,
An atheist[/quote]
I know plently of super-violent atheits, I don't believe peace is an atheist view, but I believe it is easier to be at peace as an atheist, at least once you've come to accept that there is not afterlife, besides death itself. (Wow, I guess when converting, or lack there of, from Christianity to atheism, that was pretty hard to get over at first, but it seems very silly now, and I am not more at peace not worrying about pleasing the all-loving all-knowing all-powerful God, who sends to to eternal pain and ultimate suffering, even though he loves me, if I displease him.)

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adam Burnfin

[quote=Adam Burnfin][quote=Kevinissmart]Peace? How can you use peace! You support the bible! Peace is the atheists view of life! Don't you mean, war? All right, the thing that made me hate the bible is that, unlike you, I read it....
Peace,
An atheist[/quote]
I know plently of super-violent atheits, I don't believe peace is an atheist view, but I believe it is easier to be at peace as an atheist, at least once you've come to accept that there is not afterlife, besides death itself. (Wow, I guess when converting, or lack there of, from Christianity to atheism, that was pretty hard to get over at first, but it seems very silly now, and I am not more at peace not worrying about pleasing the all-loving all-knowing all-powerful God, who sends to to eternal pain and ultimate suffering, even though he loves me, if I displease him.)[/quote]
I agree, Adam and I happen to live in a town ,where I am pretty sure we are the only, if not one of the few who actually have a feasible(spelling, maybe) reason not to believe. Many atheists here are stupid "I HATE JESUS" "BUT I DONT KNOW WHY" kind of people. Or if not atheists, are christians that cant support their beliefs worth crap.

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
I am happy, now I am not the

I am happy, now I am not the only person who can use the word feasable, but doesn't know how to spell it :)

Kyzer
Kyzer's picture
User is offlineOffline
luckily, i live in an area

luckily, i live in an area where i only know atheists who think rationally and know why they don't believe. Not just the I HATE JESUS BECAUSE HE IS STUPID AND DUMB people

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adam Burnfin wrote:I am

[quote=Adam Burnfin]I am happy, now I am not the only person who can use the word feasable, but doesn't know how to spell it :)[/quote]
ha what are you talking about i spelled it right man. lol but anyhoo. We live in an environment full of, well almost a bunch of kids whom all share the same imaginary friend. wouldnt you say so?

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:Adam Burnfin

[quote=Greg][quote=Adam Burnfin]I am happy, now I am not the only person who can use the word feasable, but doesn't know how to spell it :)[/quote]
ha what are you talking about i spelled it right man. lol but anyhoo. We live in an environment full of, well almost a bunch of kids whom all share the same imaginary friend. wouldnt you say so?[/quote]
An imaginary friend who dictates their thoughts.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
:) I agree entirely

:) :) :) I agree entirely

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
Of course you do, you want

Of course you do, you want more points on this website, lol :)

Kyzer
Kyzer's picture
User is offlineOffline
Huh?

Huh?

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
it was a joke man, I don't

it was a joke man, I don't think you got it. He was teasing me for agreeing with him and the point system. Just forget about it...

Kyzer
Kyzer's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK...w/e you say :rollseyes:

OK...w/e you say ;)

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
"I agree"

"I agree" ;)

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, it's unfortunate. Most

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Most of my atheist friends are of the irrational type, and have no important opinions. From an intellectual standpoints, all the smartest people I know in person except one are Christian or at least deist/spiritual

liberal agnostic
User is offlineOffline
Why do they always say we

Why do they always say we went thru something tramtic or that we are underloved. Please. I have a lot of love from my family, and I'm a freethinker. Although, If religion, say, killed your entire family, I can imagine that turning you to freethought.Well, itspart of the evil paradox. If there is a god, why is there so much evil? Apparently, theists lack the ability to sympathize with those who go thru evil. They think that only the tramatized become atheists. Yeah.... and those who feel their pain.

As for hating the bible, well the bible is much more powerful. I hate the Koran too, but there are more Christians than Muslims.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read one arguement by this

I read one arguement by this guy and he only named 2 types of evolution, LOL he thinks stars forming is evolution

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I saw his myspace blogs

I saw his myspace blogs "refuting" atheism, this guy doesn't seem to have the faintest clue of what atheism is about. He claims it's the same as believing in nothing for one. *Sigh*