Hey atheists I know how to get rich if you find a bible believing christian.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey atheists I know how to get rich if you find a bible believing christian.

--In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: "Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again." (Luke 6:30, repeated in Matthew 5:42) Try asking Christians for their houses and possessions, and see how faithful they are to the teachings of Jesus. Borrow a Christian's car and see if they ever ask for it back. Modern believers know that Jesus was wrong and the bible is not to be taken literally.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Rofl!!!

Rofl!!! Nice one. :D

I'm sure you'll get the ol', "That's supposed to be metaphorical!!" crap though.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL yeah I hope so then I

LOL yeah I hope so then I can ask what's it simbolic for.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
In fact JP Holding (He's a

In fact JP Holding (He's a dishonest wannabe apologist and laughing stock of the atheist community) has [url=http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nekkid.html]an article[/url] on it.

Oh, by the way, speaking of Holding you can read [url=http://www.examinethetruth.com/tektonicsrefuted.htm]a debate with a Muslim apologist.[/url] :D

There's plenty of other sites debunking Holding too.

Celiphid
User is offlineOffline
Heck ya! I am so going to do

Heck ya!

I am so going to do this. Sure beats working...lol.

If they do take their faith seriously, then they should not ignore what their superhero said to them (those that are faithful in Jebus).

That would mean that athiests should rule the world, and all "believers" should fork over every thing of value they own...hehe.

And no, I am not kidding!

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heaven will be very empty,

Heaven will be very empty, it seems. How many Christians take seriously this direct command of Jesus?
"And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? . . . Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor; and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (Matthew 19:16-21. See also Luke 12:33)

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

"And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." (Judges 1:19)

if the woman is not engaged, she is forced to marry her rapist! The rapist simply pays a fine:

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

--How many Christian women know they are breaking God's law by wearing gold wedding rings to church? Or pearls or braids or expensive clothing? This is all part of the biblical plan to keep women in their place (see Question 39).
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shame-facedness and sobriety; not with broided [braided] hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array." (I Timothy 2:9) Paul was not simply giving his own personal advice here; he introduced these verses with: "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity." (I Timothy 2:7)

Acting inhospitably is the Christian thing to do. Notice how this verse unfairly equates unbelief and diversity with evil: "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." (II John 10-11)

Why do we not see men kissing in church, then? "Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss." (I Thessalonians 5:26. See also Romans 16:16; I Corinthians 16:20; II Corinthians 13:12; I Peter 5:14)

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain." (Matthew 5:40-41) Are bible-believing Christians really paying double court-ordered child support? Or are they wiser than Jesus?

spittingfish
spittingfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dave_G wrote:--In the Sermon

[quote=Dave_G]--In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: "Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again." (Luke 6:30, repeated in Matthew 5:42) Try asking Christians for their houses and possessions, and see how faithful they are to the teachings of Jesus. Borrow a Christian's car and see if they ever ask for it back. Modern believers know that Jesus was wrong and the bible is not to be taken literally.

[/quote]

well, ok, the verse in Matthew 5:42 actually says "Give to one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." i'm definitely not gonna say it's metaphorical, 'cause there's no way it could be. it's totally literal. it says give, but it doesn't say let people walk all over you. if you asked me for my house, i'd be like "um, i kinda need that, but if you need somewhere to stay, i'll help you out" because it doesn't say "give to one who asks you everything that they ask for" it just says "give to one that asks." same with the borrowing thing, it just says don't turn away from one who wants to borrow from you, so if you asked me to borrow my car i'd say "how about i just drive you somewhere if you need a car?"

on to Luke!

ok...so Luke 6:30 says "Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back." the whole "give to everyone who asks you" has been explained above, but the "if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back" bit is what's still bouncing around. admittedly, that part sucks. hahaha, BUT if you took something that belonged to me that i actually needed back (like i dunno, my insulin injection or something...haha) i would probably refer to 1 Peter 4:8 which says "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins" and say that i'm not taking my insulin back because i hate you and don't want you to have it, rather, i'm taking it back because if i die because you took my insulin i know that you'll probably be in a lot of trouble, so i'm doing it for your own good, because i love you, and since love covers over a multitude of sins, everything'd be cool. if you actually needed insulin at that point in time though, i'd probably just let you have it, because, like Peter Pan said, death will be the greatest adventure of all.

sorry about the dramatic conclusion bit, it's just i've been writing on my english paper all day and i'm automatically writing conclusions to everything....AAAAAH...must....stop.....writing....properly.......

oh, and p.s. or whatever...
i have other stuff to say on the stuff that you just posted, dave_g, but my eyes are crossing from staring at my computer for so long, so ciao for now!

spittingfish
spittingfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dave_G wrote:Heaven will be

[quote=Dave_G]Heaven will be very empty, it seems. How many Christians take seriously this direct command of Jesus?
"And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? . . . Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor; and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (Matthew 19:16-21. See also Luke 12:33)

[/quote]

whoa, way out of context. you can't just pull random crap out of books and think it makes sense...for example...in chapter nineteen of anne of green gables Diana says "Let's undress here, it's so nice and warm." now, if you just read that part of the book you would actually have no idea what was really happening, in fact, you'd be grossly misled. hahahaha, ok, so that's a loose example, but it made me laugh, and it sorta gets my whole context point across. but back to the actual point, Jesus never ever said that every christian had to go sell everything they had to get into heaven. In Matthew Jesus said that to that one man because he knew that the man greatly valued his wealth. it was like a test to see if the man truly DID want to follow Jesus' teachings.

on to Luke! (again...haha)

In Luke 12:33 it says "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no theif comes near and no moth destroys." this verse isn't Jesus saying go sell everything you've got and give it all to the poor either, because if that happened then there would just be other poor people and it would be like a continuous cycle of poverty, which would be really stupid. Jesus is just saying "hey, all the crap you own here isn't gonna do you any good in heaven, so you might as well sell your worthless frills and give the money to people who need it."

ummm, i would answer the rest but i don't have because i'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz!
(hahah, jk, i'm off to see a movie with some friends. debate with ya more later!)

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's good advice for a

It's good advice for a society that had no police department, and therefore it was useful to prevent conflicts.

I doubt it's really applicable today.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
P-Dunn wrote:It's good

[quote=P-Dunn]It's good advice for a society that had no police department, and therefore it was useful to prevent conflicts.

I doubt it's really applicable today.[/quote]
I don't know what that has to do with...well...anything Lol