Bush?

Cody
Cody's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bush?

I for one think Bush is by far the worse president this country has had thus far. He has ties with economic scandals such as Enron and Kenneth Lay. And not to mention he helped set up tax shelters in the caymans and other tropical islands which let the multi-millionaires of Enron and other companies avoid paying taxes. infact, they didnt pay taxes in 4 out of their last 5 years at Enron.
and in the process he has not only put this country lower in debt then it has ever been in history, but also screwed the middle and lower class out of money that is rightfully theirs.

EXAMPLE: The Estate Tax, which Bush got rid of, which said that in order to inherit a parents money and land and whatnot the benefactor must pay the government a cetain percentage, now, this may be bad for lower class farmers who do not have alot of money, and may have to sell the farm in order to pay the tax.
(heres the kicker) THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY RECORD OF SOMEONE HAVING TO SELL THE FARM IN ORDER TO PAY THE STATE TAX!

now, lets look at this from the other side of the spectrum: the upper class (who would have to pay much much more than the lower class farmer, which in turn would have fueled the economy) now dont have to pay anything, thus trickling even more money into their pockets.

now, if this isnt a bad president, i dont know what is.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
ugh, its not that i dont

ugh, its not that i dont agree with you, you prolly are. but you cant just say better. better at what? ofcourse you are prettier, to guys and some girls that is. and you have never hung out with him, you wouldnt know how cool he is. I have hung out with him. and he is a fairly cool guy.

KimTheFaerieFreak
KimTheFaerieFreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am better than everyone

I am better than everyone love.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
;) i dunno, he was a really

;) i dunno, he was a really cool guy.

KimTheFaerieFreak
User is offlineOffline
But I'm ME

But I'm ME

Bryan T
Bryan T's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol first off i was waiting

lol first off I was waiting for someone to start attacking me for my spelling. I will be the first to admit I suck at spelling but if that is going to be an argument of yours its kind of pointless because im auguring facts not my spelling habits. All of my facts are based on classes I’ve taken and articles and documents from my debate team, a long with a lot of news articles I’ve read online. Im sorry for my spelling. I will run my posts through spell check from now on so I don’t look so immature.

Anyway have you watched the movie loose change? They explain fuel, the I-beams melting issues, the debris and pretty much every other topic that you have brought up about that.

I would like to know were you got your facts about the compressed air theory, not to challenge you I would just like to read them.

About the patriot act. In my debate team last year we went over it in a lot of detail because we used it a lot in our arguments. And trust me the government can, and does, do what they want when they want, its just you will never hear about it. I am in the process of find most of the stuff we used last year I will have them later in the week when I find them, sorry my room is a mess because I just started college. I feel kind of dumb right now because I don’t have my evidence but I will have it soon don’t worry.

About France....no they are not our allies!

Please stop saying they are. France is one of the head countries in the fight to shut down Americas lead spot in the world. They don’t want us to bully the world like we do. Please go read a New-York times or something because honestly if you did you would know this. They are always making us look bad when it comes to the UN and other foreign policies.

KimTheFaerieFreak
User is offlineOffline
^^ I love you. I love

^^
I love you.

I love everyone

especially smart people.
You are smart, or seem smart, I can't spell either.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
i dont think people here

i dont think people here are asses enough to diss your grammar

KimTheFaerieFreak
User is offlineOffline
I didn't say France was our

I didn't say France was our allies. I just really love france, and french people.

And really hot girsl in black and white stripped shirt with cool hats and french accents

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
hahaha ok, that is

hahaha ok, that is interesting

Bryan T
Bryan T's picture
User is offlineOffline
that post was actually a

that post was actually a reply to AgnosticAtheist1's reply to my post.

KimTheFaerieFreak
User is offlineOffline
drat. but now here is the

drat. but now here is the question

do yooooou love really hot girls in black and white stripped shirts with cool hats and french accents?

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
um i wouldnt know havent met

um i wouldnt know havent met one

Bryan T
Bryan T's picture
User is offlineOffline
ive been to a can-can there

ive been to a can-can there a lot of fun

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
can-cans are amazing

can-cans are amazing

Bryan T
Bryan T's picture
User is offlineOffline
it was a lot of fun...i was

it was a lot of fun...i was 12 but it was still a lot of fun lol

GrapeScentedGuru
GrapeScentedGuru's picture
User is offlineOffline
Reply to

Reply to Bryan:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060910/ap_on_re_mi_ea/sept11_video

How do I explain they only found one out of four? Well, first of all, you only need one black box from an airplane. The black boxes are identical; one is merely a backup in case of a plane's division. Second, the black boxes were recovered from the Pentagon as well that the plane that was brought down by its passengers. So now we have 3/4 black boxes recovered. So what about the last one? Well, I'll admit that it's extremely rare that a recording device is every lost from a crash. But then again, it's also very rare that the device in question was inside a makeshift missile that collided with a skyscraper, resulting in 2,000,000,000 lbs of wreckage, including girders, engine fuel, molten steel, granite, and the remains of 3,000 people. Corpses and debris alike were blown over 400 feet from the detonation point. You're splitting hairs over a black box? Would this black box have recordings of FBI agents plotting to each other while the passengers were seemingly allowed to make calls to their families on cellular phones?

Oh, but if the documentary states the fuel couldn't burn through the girders, then it must be true. Except that heat alone wasn't the only factor. The explosion was fucking huge. You saw it. According to demolitions experts (real ones), the impact alone would have severely weakened support columns, and would have dislodged fireproofing throughout multiple floors, allowing jet fuel to spread along the center supports of the buildings. The ignited jet fuel's intense heat finishes the job after only a short time of burning its potency, which would last for another 99 days after the buildings collapsed.

'but tom, wusnt the wtc dezined to withstand a 707??! lOL!@U!!'

Yes, it was. But these were 767s, 20% bigger than 707s, with a lot more fuel capacity. As for the airplane not defragmenting upon impact, you must realize that not only is the outer shell of the WTC extremely malleable (it has to be to allow release of pressure in the instance of an explosion), but also it's extremely spread apart. The building supports itself on four corners and a central column. One corner is relatively simple to take out. The center, not so much. Thusly, the plane remained inside, crumpled like an accordion.

A 16x16 hole in the Pentagon? Oh, you must have been there. And judging by the size of the hole you witnessed, I suppose you were in, say, the third ring of the Pentagon.
'whut do u meen by 3rd ring?'
Well, the Pentagon is made up of rings, each with their own specific department and purpose. Think of it like stacking steel in sheets. If you fire a gun at the first, it might penetrate. It has a lower chance of penetrating the second. At the third, it may only leave a small dent, if anything at all.
Do you know how big the hole in the outermost ring was? And I'm going by witnesses, official records, photographs, and movie footage.

The hole was 75 feet in diameter.

As for the grass, how many pictures have you seen? I'm betting just the ones in Loose Change. Try googling some. There's massive scoring, ripped up turf measuring 40 feet in width.

Congress didn't agree on a war on terror. Neither did Bush. The press dubbed the war in Afghanistan that, and Bush liked the sound of it. It's a nickname, not an objective.

And Japan does have an army. They have a dispatch, which counts as a military force.

The PATRIOT act was a horrible document, but it was passed democratically. It wasn't a conspiracy tool, and it has no place in the validity of 9/11. The PATRIOT act was turned in the night before its deadline, giving nobody a chance to read it, and basically aiding Bush's overzealous ideas of national security, in reaction to 9/11. If the PATRIOT act were a tool of conspiracy, they'd have passed it before 9/11 to stop things like Loose Change. And you claim: 'trust me the government can, and does, do what they want when they want, its just you will never hear about it.'

You never hear about it? Then how did you hear about it? I'm sure more people than you would be broadcasting this seemingly awakening news.

Second, I'm not asking questions, I'm dispelling blatant assumptions. Loose Change is so full of holes you could call it Swiss.

'Finally why should i have to give you evidnce of anything? I think your the one who should have to prove me wrong. Loose change proved enough evidence that is not answered. Why dont you try to disprove it with your own evidence.'

Are you reading my posts? That's what I've been doing. I'm the only one to have provided evidence that wasn't from one source, which was fabricated by a bunch of college jockeys.

And how dare you call me ignorant. I have my own views, backed by research I have done myself. You're hiding behind one documentary, one single movie that has neither scientific backing nor support from those featured in it. As for being American, I'm an English citizen. And if I'm not mistaken, labeling someone American simply for having a view other than that America is evil sounds a lot like bigotry. So, taking the same sort of mindset you're taking, I could call you a Nazi, right? You're probably thinking 'd00d, that dusnt make ani cents'. I've been thinking that every time I read your posts. I'm not an American, but I wouldn't object to being one. America is one of the few places that idiots like you and logical thinkers like myself can co-exist without the government shooting one of us. It isn't the government that fucks shit up. It can't, it has no power to. It's the support of the people, the general consensus to fuck shit up that puts things into initiation.

As for the UN being a coalition and not a driving force, that's not the US's fault. Read the fucking UN Charter. It's not a government, and it has no actual power. It's the incredible pressure of the most powerful and prestigious countries in the world that allows the UN to influence the world's countries into safe, civilized decisions. Its purpose is to arbitrate, not to police. If you want a global police force, go sign up with Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

Now does that give the US to blatantly disregard the UN? Fuck no. The Bush Administration set world negotiation and cooperation back twenty years when he went against their advice. And now the US is the butt of the world's joke. That's why the UN is powerful, and that's what makes them the wonderful organization they are.

I'm not defending the US. I'm not defending Bush. I'm not attacking Al Queda, though they goddamn deserve it. I'm merely trying to express the severe illogical nature of Loose Change's statements. If you had your own evidence asides from that movie to back up your position, I'd be fine with it. It's your inability to produce more than a one-track argument that makes your argument defunct. So do some real research, find your own evidence about 9/11's origins, and then maybe I'll hold your opinions higher than a 7 year old's belief in the tooth fairy.

It's not who you believe that makes you ignorant; it's why you believe them.

Reply to Greg:
I'll agree with you there. I've often thought that if he wasn't president, he'd be the sort of guy you'd have an idle chat with at a sports bar, or something. Too bad he went into the family business of being an infamously disliked president.

Just in general:
Just a thought, but does anybody agree with me when I say Jackson was the worst president? I mean, he has the deaths of millions of Natives under his belt.

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just because France doesn't

Just because France doesn't want us to bully other countries, does not mean they aren't our ally. They simply believe that there should be some balance and accountability. For example, I'm friends with my friend Sarah, but that doesn't mean I think she should be allowed to go around beating up the little kids.(i picked that friend because she's 4'11 and about 90 lbs I'd guess, so the idea of her beating kids up was hilarious)

I wasn't simply complaining about spelling, I'm talking about simple mistatement to the point where it becomes unintelligible/hard to understand.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
wooh hoo someone knows their

wooh hoo someone knows their stuff. I dont think i read up on it that much. kudos

KimTheFaerieFreak
User is offlineOffline
optimist - now that I've

optimist - now that I've read that I know more. Thanks

pessimist - wow. Now I feel like an insignificant child

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
Re: Greg

[quote=Greg]wooh hoo someone knows their stuff. I dont think i read up on it that much. kudos[/quote]
Me? Or Agnostic Athiest?

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
You. I don't know THAT much

You. I don't know THAT much about this issue, frankly because what little information I have gathered easily justifies that it indeed was the result of planes, and only planes.

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
Thank you very much. *Grin*

Thank you very much. *Grin*

DreamerGWB
DreamerGWB's picture
User is offlineOffline
What About Cheney?

You cannot foget the ties that Cheney has. Not only is Bush tied in with many companies that have scandal written all over them, but Cheney has just as many. If you are not familiar with Cheney, than maybe you should read up on the oil tycoon.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, you are attempting to

well, you are attempting to hit bush in the back with what he HAS done. go for the now. the current. What he has done in no way effects his current actions. What do you think of Nixon?

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
Nixon disgraced and

Nixon disgraced and destroyed the title of President. He abused his powers and tried to cheat the people several times, and succeeded a few times. I'm not just talking Watergate, I'm talking the elections as well as the Vietnam war.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Know what I find weird? When

Know what I find weird? When people talk about Bush, they forget to say about Katrina. Course, that might just be cause I was affected, but anyway, heres a little story.

My grandmother (who is now a widow, cause the hospital wouldnt take my WWII/Korean war veteran grandfather in, so he drowned to feath, he was to sick to be moved so my brother and uncle took care of him, long story) has a house flooded 7 feet. Since both were retired, they couldnt afford full flood insurance. The insurance said that when the wind blew off the roof was before it flooded, so they didnt give her anything. Now, her daughter (my aunt) made her pull out a ESPA loan for 150k in my grandmothers name. She's 78, so for the next 30 years she'll have to somehow live and pay that loan. My question, WHERES THE KATRINA FUND MONEY? I guess it takes longer than a year.

Bloody_Cavum
Bloody_Cavum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate everything about the

I hate everything about the man. I hate the way he looks. I hate the way he walks with his arms spread like a pompous high school jock who thinks he has lateral muscles. i hate the way he grins when he talks. i hate the way he always smirks after he's done saying something. I hate his little jokes. I hate how he repeats the same lines over and over again. I hate how he repeats the same lies over and over again. I hate remembering in 2001 hearing Bush say, "I'm the responsibility president." I hate how he caters to predatory corporations like Wal-Mart and then says he's making more stringent rules regarding business practices and "closing loopholes." I hate the way he disregards middle and lower-class people. I hate his "compassionate conservatism." I hate how he has no respect for democratic process, neither here nor abroad, and similarly has no respect for democracy. I hate the fact that he said "I'm a uniter, not a divider." I hate "The Decider." I hate Bush.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
do not post on here. I hate

do not post on here. I hate YOU. not really. i have nothing on you. but you give a horrible base. Whether or not you hate how he looks and his behavior and such doesnt matter in the slightest. back up your statements with facts and/or examples. just ragingly saying stuff and not supporting puts up a VERY weak arguement.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
do not take this offensively

do not take this offensively at all. but his response to katrina i think was fine. people had plenty of time to get out. I am severely doubting that he COULDNT be move. i think that is rather unbelievable. Many, if not almost all stayed out of pure stupidity. the smart ones left. Staying to prove "dominance" or "pride" was a stupid thing that killed many. If you guy lived in the N.O area, they better have moved. staying there is a stupid decision, it is bound to happen again.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:do not take this

[quote=Greg]do not take this offensively at all. but his response to katrina i think was fine. people had plenty of time to get out. I am severely doubting that he COULDNT be move. i think that is rather unbelievable. Many, if not almost all stayed out of pure stupidity. the smart ones left. Staying to prove "dominance" or "pride" was a stupid thing that killed many. If you guy lived in the N.O area, they better have moved. staying there is a stupid decision, it is bound to happen again.[/quote]

Its not the movement that Bush's response was based on. Since obvuilsy you no nothing about New Orleans, cause you will know not every can afford cars, OUR PEOPLE ARE POOR, they use something called PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. Since Nagin, Blanco or Bush decided not to use the busses people stayed in the Convention Center and the Dome... WHERE BUSH DIDNT SEND THE FOOD FOR DAYS. So, people died and straved to death. Course he was a good responder. I think its time for you to come to New Orleans and see for youself what the goverment didnt fund, Catergoy 5 walls. Funny thing, the leeves broke at C-1 Strengh winds, now that isnt Bushs fault, thats Congress. In the mid 1900s a hurricane called Besty hit, and flooded the cities, the next day President Johnson came down with a flashlight saying he's there to support us... Bush rode in his 747 around the city. And of course my grandfather had so much pride to ride the storm right? He was 79 and on Hospist. The Hospitals wouldnt take anyone since they overstocked on people. Seeing the pictures on CNN is one thing, go live it like I did. I suggest all to watch Spike Lee's When The Leeves Broke, it'll teach you a little lesson about Katrina that Rita Cosby or CNN would not have said.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even if not everyone can

Even if not everyone can afford cars, if they know a life threatening situation is approaching they can WALK, or RUN. If the people there are as lazy as to rely on vehicles for transportation than they deserve to be killed in my opinion. If people cannot support themselves in nature for a while then they have no survival skills, which also makes them wastes of life. There is no reason to have died in N.O besides arrogance and stubborness. If they stayed behind out of pride, they also deserved to die. If they really wanted to live, they could have left. many means were possible. I see NO WAY and NO REASON to stay behind. You cannot defend arrogance. Doing so imposes arrogance upon yourself.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:Even if not

[quote=Greg]Even if not everyone can afford cars, if they know a life threatening situation is approaching they can WALK, or RUN. If the people there are as lazy as to rely on vehicles for transportation than they deserve to be killed in my opinion. If people cannot support themselves in nature for a while then they have no survival skills, which also makes them wastes of life. There is no reason to have died in N.O besides arrogance and stubborness. If they stayed behind out of pride, they also deserved to die. If they really wanted to live, they could have left. many means were possible. I see NO WAY and NO REASON to stay behind. You cannot defend arrogance. Doing so imposes arrogance upon yourself.[/quote]

Arrogance? You speak of people WALKING out of a city... Hmm.. Lets see 1.3 MILLION people move through 2 Highways walking, I can see it now. Surival Skills? I'll put you in a house while 12 foot of water comes into to your face. While you to sit there in your attic... In darkness with no food or water for days, but you wouldnt have to worry huh, since you know basic survial skills. Id never guess you drive in a vechile right? You just walk everywhere. You walk to yor school. You walk to Downtown huh? How many people do you think in this forum on a car? THE STORM WASNT THE THREAT, THE LEEVES BROKE. People deserving to die? What is this "Pride"? People that stayed were either POOR or DISABLED little stayed cause they like to, yea, you know they just like to stay it makes them happy. Not everyone has money, and you cant picture that. If they left, THEIR HOUSES WHERE STILL GONE ANYWAY. AND BUSH DIDNT GIVE THAT MONEY OUT to those people, so stay on that topic of "pride", since that will somehow prove Bush to be a good responder.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
actually, i do walk, and i

actually, i do walk, and i guarantee that many people here would walk if they didnt have the convinience of a car. I was talking about survival skills, AFTER they left. If they were smart at all they wouldnt have even stayed. There is no reason not to leave, be it by car OR by walking. either way if getting out is an essential to living they should try their best. not walking is just a stupid way to die. HOW THE HELL WAS THE STORM NOT THE THREAT!?!?! was it god??? i do believe it was the storm that did cause all of it. The storm caused the leeves to break. and then drowned all those people. Perhaps you are just angry that you lost someone there, or maybe just "pride" , and that someone in your family may have made a not so smart mistake and died, and you dont want to except it. but if they wanted to they could leave. I have been to new orleans, before and after. and i do not see how it is too hard to walk out of. hell, i could walk out of new york city, and i have. It is a long ass walk, but they had plenty of time to get out

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:actually, i do

[quote=Greg]actually, i do walk, and i guarantee that many people here would walk if they didnt have the convinience of a car. I was talking about survival skills, AFTER they left. If they were smart at all they wouldnt have even stayed. There is no reason not to leave, be it by car OR by walking. either way if getting out is an essential to living they should try their best. not walking is just a stupid way to die. HOW THE HELL WAS THE STORM NOT THE THREAT!?!?! was it god??? i do believe it was the storm that did cause all of it. The storm caused the leeves to break. and then drowned all those people. Perhaps you are just angry that you lost someone there, or maybe just "pride" , and that someone in your family may have made a not so smart mistake and died, and you dont want to except it. but if they wanted to they could leave. I have been to new orleans, before and after. and i do not see how it is too hard to walk out of. hell, i could walk out of new york city, and i have. It is a long ass walk, but they had plenty of time to get out[/quote]

I'll make sure that when the next Hurricane comes, I'll tell everyone in the city to walk out. Im sure they'll cross the bridge to Slidell which is 40 miles then migrate farther out from there. If you been the New Orleans after then you would see theirs no rebuilding, no one has any "road to recovery" money. And who is resoonsible for that?

Yea, I walk all of the 500 square miles of New York City too.

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
Bush isn't the sole decision

Bush isn't the sole decision maker for disaster situations. Yes, he didn't seem to take it as seriously as he should of, or treat it with enough sense of emergency, but it was a failure on everybody's part to cope. That includes the government and the people in New Orleans. A lot of people simply stood around and waited for releif. The few that got out with their livelihoods intact were the ones that hightailed it out of there when the order to evacuate was given.

Still, it's not worth pointing fingers at this point. We still need to focus on rebuilding.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
who in the right mind would

who in the right mind would want to rebuild there? its in a BOWL. it will happen again. why not just relocate the city? i mean, its already been torn down, now all you need to do is move it

DreamerGWB
DreamerGWB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, it is just a bowl

Yeah, it is just a bowl now...

At first, I thought " just look at how long it stood, how many hurricanes and storms it survived, who's to say it wont last just as long as it did before if we rebuild it, or even longer for that matter?"

Now that I have thought about it, hurricanes and storms of all sort are getting stronger and more devastating year after year. I should not even need to say why, you should all know it is in fact due to mistreatment of earth (i.e. pollution, and deforestation, etc.) destroying the atmosphere and causing an unstable enviroment. Anyway, before I go way off topic, since these storms are getting stronger each year, the rebuilding process may be pointless if the city is just ripped to shreds once more a few years later. It's not like you can just move the city though. New Orleans will always be there, the people need to move. They are the ones who need to take action to prevent being in an all to familiar situation by moving away from the shorelines and to a safer place.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:who in the right

[quote=Greg]who in the right mind would want to rebuild there? its in a BOWL. it will happen again. why not just relocate the city? i mean, its already been torn down, now all you need to do is move it[/quote]

New Orleans flooded twice from hurricanes... In the history of its construction. Bienville wasnt an idiot when he picked that spot. The river flooded the city once, around the same time when Hussen blew up those plants in Kuwait in the Gulf War. And one time in 95 when the pumps broke. So 4 times it flooded (Mind that it wasnt 80% like Katrina) in 300 years, not bad, huh? Relocating a city would costs more than reconstuctiong one. New Orleans runs the Mouth of the River, which connects to all major rivers in the country, thats extremely important. That runs all out of country boats etc. It flooded due to the Idiots who build it(US Army Corps). The CBD and Quarter never flooded, lets just leave it there, and take over Slidell and Covington call it New Orleans and make a "French Quarter" Then whe'll take some land in Convington and called it the "Battle of Orleans". You cant move history. Since you said you went here, you would notice that the land on the Lower part of the River are high. The Human Build Leeves broke. Do you know what the Shell Square is? Im sure you dont, its the tallest building in New Orleans, 51 Stories, not bigger than York ones, but anyway, go tell them to leave that building there and spent millions of dollars to build a new one somewhere else. Moving the city north wont give them the River, so they would have to move it West, then they wouldnt have the Lake Pontratrain as a Drainage and way to get to the Gulf. So, pick a geogrpahical site to put it at. Then move 1.3 Million people people too. Then tell them to build new houses, leave their where it was. It could be a gaint garabge dump.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
you are attempting to

you are attempting to belittle me with ingnorance of claiming ignorance.I do know what shell square is. you do acknowledge the fact that it WILL happen again. why build a site where it is going to be destroyed? that is like sitting on a conveyor which you know leads to a furnace. its stupid and a waste of money. people who decide to stay there arent bright

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:you are

[quote=Greg]you are attempting to belittle me with ingnorance of claiming ignorance.I do know what shell square is. you do acknowledge the fact that it WILL happen again. why build a site where it is going to be destroyed? that is like sitting on a conveyor which you know leads to a furnace. its stupid and a waste of money. people who decide to stay there arent bright[/quote]

Well, while were at it, we can go ahead and leave everything near the San Adnreas Fault. All those cities can be left there. Rebuilding has already started other cities you can make people stop people from that and tell them, "well, you have to stop, where gonna make a new city, but we dont have an idea yet, so just sit there". You spoke of reloacting, so them me WHERE. Yes, I know it will happen again and I know Clevelands River is going to cacth fire AGAIN. Like I know an earthquake will hit Californa AGAIN. Like I know a hurricane will hit Florida AGIAN. And do you know what gonna happen, THEIR GOING TO REBUILD. Its a waste of money to relocate, why? Cause the whole city itsnt going to move espually, when millions of people are involed. You think people have enough muney to lived somewhere else? The rebuilders get a ESPA loan. THeir not gonna get Road to Recovery to buy a house Utah. And dont tell me about ignorance, YOU SAID CAN RUN FROM A HURRICANE. They can walk 40 miles to Slidell, oops, Slidell flooded too.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
tell me why you would build

tell me why you would build something that you know will be destroyed, and possibly very soon or immediately after you build it.

GrapeScentedGuru
User is offlineOffline
I hate to tell you all this,

I hate to tell you all this, but we're sitting on a giant unstable, volcanic, turbulant rock, hurtling 29.78 km/s through a void littered with rocks and giant balls of burning hydrogen. Our protective ozone layer is deteriating, and our oxygen-providing forests are dissapearing fast.

There is no entirely safe place to build in America, nor any other place in the world. Our environment is full of hazards, and if we simply tried to avoid every single one of them, then we'd be 6 billion people crammed into, what, central Europe? No, no, they have Earthquakes too. Oh damn, perhaps we should migrate to the Moon. No, wait, dust pits. Mars?

Shit happens. People will continue to live in New Orleans because it is the home of families, businesses, schools, hospitals, the African-American musical community, and some retirement centers. Hell, I'm living in San Francisco, a city build on top of a fault line, and poorly I might add. But it's the third biggest economy in the world, you can't just move it and expect people to go along with it. People will object for sentimental and, to you, illogical reasons. If they want to live in New Orleans, let them, that's their freedom of choice. If you think it's a bad idea, then don't live there. Go live in Minnesota or something, they're pretty isolated from dangerous elements.

Unless Superior floods.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
GrapeScentedGuru wrote:I

[quote=GrapeScentedGuru]I hate to tell you all this, but we're sitting on a giant unstable, volcanic, turbulant rock, hurtling 29.78 km/s through a void littered with rocks and giant balls of burning hydrogen. Our protective ozone layer is deteriating, and our oxygen-providing forests are dissapearing fast.

There is no entirely safe place to build in America, nor any other place in the world. Our environment is full of hazards, and if we simply tried to avoid every single one of them, then we'd be 6 billion people crammed into, what, central Europe? No, no, they have Earthquakes too. Oh damn, perhaps we should migrate to the Moon. No, wait, dust pits. Mars?

Shit happens. People will continue to live in New Orleans because it is the home of families, businesses, schools, hospitals, the African-American musical community, and some retirement centers. Hell, I'm living in San Francisco, a city build on top of a fault line, and poorly I might add. But it's the third biggest economy in the world, you can't just move it and expect people to go along with it. People will object for sentimental and, to you, illogical reasons. If they want to live in New Orleans, let them, that's their freedom of choice. If you think it's a bad idea, then don't live there. Go live in Minnesota or something, they're pretty isolated from dangerous elements.

Unless Superior floods.[/quote]

You are officaliy the smartest person Ive met in this subject.

Greg, Im still waiting for the new relocation plans, and by the way, all ctities 40 miles of the Gulf should be moved, cause all the land can flood. So thats about 10-15 million "refugees". Isnt that what yall called us, refugees? I guess, I dont pay enough taxes to be concered a citizen, anyway thats off topic. The leeves wouldnt have broke if it was at CATORGY 5 WALLS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Which they are being build as we speak, the goverment srewered up, an their fixing their mistake but that wont make us forget who caused it.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
relocation is not what i do

relocation is not what i do , other people can do that. i guess i think that makes you the stupidest one her. i dont call you guys refugees, i never have. I think you are just an angry little boy who is mad that the government couldnt save you from a storm. It is not their fault the levees messed up. that is noones fault. hell the levees could have been fine but deteriorated over the years. and you would say it is their job to fix it, but really if you gave a damn about your own protection than you would fix it yourself. and you will say you dont know how so it is their job, and that itself is my response to your statement to me.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:relocation is not

[quote=Greg]relocation is not what i do , other people can do that. i guess i think that makes you the stupidest one her. i dont call you guys refugees, i never have. I think you are just an angry little boy who is mad that the government couldnt save you from a storm. It is not their fault the levees messed up. that is noones fault. hell the levees could have been fine but deteriorated over the years. and you would say it is their job to fix it, but really if you gave a damn about your own protection than you would fix it yourself. and you will say you dont know how so it is their job, and that itself is my response to your statement to me.[/quote]

Last time I checked Im older than you, and have a little more sense too. If you want to talk about everyone in New Orleans are idiots, you can find a place to relocate them too. I never lost my house, so you are wrong their aslo. Heres something... Who half-assed the leeves? US Army Corps. Who decided to cut the funding on the leeves? The goverment. All I did was help with clean up, since its ANGAINST THE LAW, for Minors to rebuild leeves. So, prove to me that is my fault. Cause its someones fault the leeves broke. They broke for a reason, they call it lack of funding, and when the people drowned and straved, who didnt help? The goverment. CNN got here before the goverment did, how can you call that a good reponse. I give a damn more about this country more than you can image. I pay taxes, I worked with Red Cross, and help with Katrina while you sat on your computer playing games, and mocking people for staying during the storm, not every has money, maybe if fact you could get over here and pass out money to the people who needs it, instead of buying games and toys. No matter what opinion you have theres no reason call this people idiots, 1500 died from this event, which wouldnt have happen if the GOVERMENT did their jobs instead of giving themsleves kick backs. I never knew concerte deteriorates in 20 years? Explain to me about that, does it rust? Oops, thats Iron.

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:It is not their

[quote=Greg]It is not their fault the levees messed up. that is noones fault. hell the levees could have been fine but deteriorated over the years. and you would say it is their job to fix it, but really if you gave a damn about your own protection than you would fix it yourself. and you will say you dont know how so it is their job, and that itself is my response to your statement to me.[/quote]

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the administration knew the levees could not handle a storm like Katrina, well before it even happened.

You can see a video of Bush contradicting himself, after being warned of the scope of Katrina here. Here's more on the topic from ABC news.

In total, almost everyone who knew what they were talking about concluded that the levees would not be able to hold rising sea levels out. To claim that it's no one's fault that the levee's failed is simply wrong.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Lucretius wrote:Greg

[quote=Lucretius][quote=Greg]It is not their fault the levees messed up. that is noones fault. hell the levees could have been fine but deteriorated over the years. and you would say it is their job to fix it, but really if you gave a damn about your own protection than you would fix it yourself. and you will say you dont know how so it is their job, and that itself is my response to your statement to me.[/quote]

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the administration knew the levees could not handle a storm like Katrina, well before it even happened.

You can see a video of Bush contradicting himself, after being warned of the scope of Katrina here. Here's more on the topic from ABC news.

In total, almost everyone who knew what they were talking about concluded that the levees would not be able to hold rising sea levels out. To claim that it's no one's fault that the levee's failed is simply wrong.[/quote]

Thanks Lucretius. I dont have a video I just have a piece of Wiki [url=http://]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levee_failures_in_Greater_New_Orleans%2C_2005[/url] :

US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS ADMITTS FAULT
On April 5, 2006, months after independent investigators had demonstrated that levee failures were not due to natural forces beyond intended design strength, Lt. Gen. Carl Strock testified before the U. S. Senate Subcommittee on Energy and Water that, "We have now concluded we had problems with the design of the structure." He also testified that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers did not know of this mechanism of failure prior to August 29, 2005. The claim of ignorance is refuted, however, by the National Science Foundation investigators hired by the Army Corps of Engineers, who point to a 1986 study by the Corps itself that such separations were possible in the I-wall design.[22]

Nearly two months later, June 1, 2006, the US ACE finally unequivicaolly admitted responsbility for the tragedy in New Orleans with the release of the completed report. The Final Draft of the IPET report states that the destructive forces of Katrina were not contained by but were "aided by incomplete protection, lower than authorized structures, and levee sections with erodible materials."

Now, who does it say is the leeves breaking fault? So, 1500 people died from whos fault? G-O-V-E-R-M-E-N-T. They should have been fixied long before Katrina and we ended up with the problem. Thiers videos and statments. Its the Goverments fault, and thiers no excuse, this ends this subject.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
KCahill wrote:Greg

[quote=KCahill][quote=Greg]relocation is not what i do , other people can do that. i guess i think that makes you the stupidest one her. i dont call you guys refugees, i never have. I think you are just an angry little boy who is mad that the government couldnt save you from a storm. It is not their fault the levees messed up. that is noones fault. hell the levees could have been fine but deteriorated over the years. and you would say it is their job to fix it, but really if you gave a damn about your own protection than you would fix it yourself. and you will say you dont know how so it is their job, and that itself is my response to your statement to me.[/quote]

Last time I checked Im older than you, and have a little more sense too. If you want to talk about everyone in New Orleans are idiots, you can find a place to relocate them too. I never lost my house, so you are wrong their aslo. Heres something... Who half-assed the leeves? US Army Corps. Who decided to cut the funding on the leeves? The goverment. All I did was help with clean up, since its ANGAINST THE LAW, for Minors to rebuild leeves. So, prove to me that is my fault. Cause its someones fault the leeves broke. They broke for a reason, they call it lack of funding, and when the people drowned and straved, who didnt help? The goverment. CNN got here before the goverment did, how can you call that a good reponse. I give a damn more about this country more than you can image. I pay taxes, I worked with Red Cross, and help with Katrina while you sat on your computer playing games, and mocking people for staying during the storm, not every has money, maybe if fact you could get over here and pass out money to the people who needs it, instead of buying games and toys. No matter what opinion you have theres no reason call this people idiots, 1500 died from this event, which wouldnt have happen if the GOVERMENT did their jobs instead of giving themsleves kick backs. I never knew concerte deteriorates in 20 years? Explain to me about that, does it rust? Oops, thats Iron.[/quote]

you say you have more sense than me, that apparently age matters. You are making stupid immature comments to again try to belittle me. I do not play games, i havent bought a game or toy in quite a while now. So really that just makes you look like a retard who is trying to win by insults. I can call them idiots, because they didnt even TRY to leave. they just stayed. if you think age matters so much you should accept the fact that you would have been better off in you evacuated, and that would make staying an unintelligent decision that put yourself at risk.
"No matter what opinion you have theres no reason call this people idiots"
i am pretty sure that contradicts itself, if it was my opinion that they were, i have reason to say so, because it is what i thought. That leads me to think that you are being defensive towards yourself and family since you were involved in it directly.

FranktheTank360
User is offlineOffline
Last i checked, age brought

Last i checked, age brought wisdom, NOT knowledge. Just because your older doesn't mean you have more knowledge. People like Greg study all the facts of a subject before jumping to conclusions and making a stand to be For, Against, or Neutral for a subject. Not only that, but Yellow Journalism is still being used in our society and is making the stories seem worse than they really are. The government might have cut the funding to the leevees BECAUSE they're in debt. And seeing as how the army is in the middle east right now, they can't really do much about maintaining them can they? So I repeat, age brings wisdom, NOT knowledge. Just because you've been around longer than someone else has doesn't mean you are smarter.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
ehh, frank that may be

ehh, frank that may be giving me too much credit there. i dont know everything man