Stale Argument- Christianity VS. Atheism

twag
twag's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stale Argument- Christianity VS. Atheism

Dear Readers,

The truth about all arguments everyone has ever had on proving/disproving a god is a stale argument. there is no way to 100% prove there is/is not a god.

Which is why i personally believe NO ONE should say they are right over anyone.
A Christian should NEVER say, i am right, you are wrong.
(why?)
because i know i am, i can feel god.
that is a lie, you can't "feel" god, if there is a god.
A Atheist should NEVER say, i am right, you are wrong.
(why?)
because you can't prove there is a god.
that is true, but you also can't prove there isn't.

the only REAL way to prove that there is/is not a god, is to die. but after that, no one has a way of knowing, unless ghosts come back and talk to us and i haven't been fortunate enough to have one tell me whats up.

yeah, i am atheist, but there should be no reason to try and disprove/prove a god when is it literally impossible.
where there is an argument, there is ALWAYS a way to back it up.
if someone can show me physical, scientifical, or any other kind of -al word that a god does/does not exist, then you can tell me everything i have typed here is not true.
until then, everything in the this passage is in fact true.

i have my personal beliefs that a god does not exist, that i think it is impossible for a god to be anywhere in the universe without interfering with our daily lives.
and you all have your own personal beliefs, but that in no way, makes you right over anyone else.

maybe there is a god, but the ones who do not believe in it, it is secluded from them.
maybe that whoever believes in a god, there is a god for them.
that could ALWAYS be a possibility. there is no way to prove that it isn't.

what i am saying it, there should be no reason for people to argue with others telling them they are wrong when you can't actually prove ANYONE wrong in this argument.

and personally, people like timbobway and christfolyfe need to look up their information, and christfolyfe needs to learn how to spell, or go back to grade school.

sorry if i angered anyone, but everything i have said here is the truth.

Thank you,
Travis

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, but your title is

Yes, but your title is dealing with Christianity vs atheism. Christianity entails a specific God, and if its qualities can be found to be irreconcilable w/ the world, then it can be proven false. any 'god' cannot be disproven, but specific ones can.

logos
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Yes, but your title is

[quote]Yes, but your title is dealing with Christianity vs atheism. Christianity entails a specific God, and if its qualities can be found to be irreconcilable w/ the world, then it can be proven false. any 'god' cannot be disproven, but specific ones can.[/quote]

What do you think proves the Christian God false?

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please say The Bible...

Please say The Bible...

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
*chuckle* First, I will say

*chuckle*

First, I will say what I define as the Christian God. The Christian God is the being who endorses everything entailed in the bible(well, obviously not the stories meant as a story of what NOT to do), but every moral idea entailed as true in the bible is supported by the Christian God. There are numerous stupidities and contradictions in the bible, so in rejecting it, I must reject that a perfect god would support them, and thus must discard the Christian God. Now of course, people can add changes to the Christian God, add ad hoc solutions, but... that would not be the Christian God, that would be an extension of the Christian God. If you are not taking literally the bible, you are admitting that the bible is fallible, and thus is not truly God's word, and then you are claiming the existence of a different God than that which would be supported by the bible

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, that sorta works, but

Well, that sorta works, but as many Christians only take the bible to be a work of man w/ a reflection of the god on it, and not representative of god you refute only fundies

The Christian god is not real because he defies all that we know about reality - suggests primacy of conciousness

Example, god created everything (I believe that most christians would agree at least with an initial creation... even if they do believe in evolution)

For god to create 'everything' he would have had to exist before anything

That means that his consciousness was not founded on existence. Logically, everything is founded upon existence

BrodyMontgomery
BrodyMontgomery's picture
User is offlineOffline
Real proof of the Holy Bible??? ok...

[b]scientific facts in the bible:[/b]
1)The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22)
--> It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth, and inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;.....
2)The earth is free float in space (Job 26:7)
-->He stretches out the North over the empty place (space), and hangs it on nothing.
3)creation made invisable elements (Hebrews 11:3)
-->Through faith we understand the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

None of these facts were known to the world until many years after the scripture was written... Do you think they just made a good guess??? Well if you think these three did, then tell me because i have MANY more.... (not mentioning fulfilled prophecy and obvious things like, how did the bible last this long??? If you cant prove for a fact that evolution is true, then how can you prove for a fact creation isnt true? I have a quote of Darwin's that he isnt so sure of his own theory.
.... the only thing i have left to say is that you have 2 options of ways to live your life, they are.... 1- Live life a christian and know that no matter what happens you will either die if there is no God or go to Heaven if there is. What do you have to lose? or... 2- Live this very short life an atheist and if there is a God then you would go to hell and live eternity in pain and suffering with no end, or if there is no God then you were right and it was a big waste of time living as a Christian... but what would it matter anyway then?.... well its your choice...

Noor
User is offlineOffline
BrodyMontgomery

[quote=BrodyMontgomery][b]scientific facts in the bible:[/b]
1)The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22)
--> It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth, and inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;.....[/quote]

Isaiah 40:22 [i]It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:[/i]

Not sure but that looks like it's promoting a flat earth to me.

[quote]2)The earth is free float in space (Job 26:7)
-->He stretches out the North over the empty place (space), and hangs it on nothing.
3)creation made invisable elements (Hebrews 11:3)
-->Through faith we understand the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

None of these facts were known to the world until many years after the scripture was written... Do you think they just made a good guess??? Well if you think these three did, then tell me because i have MANY more.... (not mentioning fulfilled prophecy and obvious things like, how did the bible last this long???[/quote]

Even if one or two things are correct in the bible, that doesn't automatically make the whole bible correct. It's like saying, "The quran teaches Mohammed existed and history shows he existed, ergo the whole quran has to be correct."

Just because the bible lasted that long doesn't mean that it's correct. Buddha's teachings date from centuries before the bible, and they're still believed today.

[quote]If you cant prove for a fact that evolution is true, then how can you prove for a fact creation isnt true? [/quote]

This statement is simply idiotic. Evolution has been proven over and over as a fact. If you want evidence, I don't know where to start - there's so much evidence, but here's a good website:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

I highly recommend you read [url=http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/yellow_number_five/evolution_of_life/5274]Deludedgod's essay[/url] also.

[quote]I have a quote of Darwin's that he isnt so sure of his own theory.[/quote]

Darwin lived way before - he didn't have that much technology to study evolution or genetic biology.

[quote].... the only thing i have left to say is that you have 2 options of ways to live your life, they are....[/quote]

False. There are thousands of other religions that claim you're going to their hell if you don't believe in them.

[quote] 1- Live life a christian and know that no matter what happens you will either die if there is no God or go to Heaven if there is. What do you have to lose? or... 2- Live this very short life an atheist and if there is a God then you would go to hell and live eternity in pain and suffering with no end, or if there is no God then you were right and it was a big waste of time living as a Christian... but what would it matter anyway then?.... well its your choice...[/quote]

You think we've never heard of [url=http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/wager.html]Pascal's Wager[/url] before? It sucks.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I just want to add that

I just want to add that Eratosthenes and Aristotle calculated that the Earth was round, and they were not even prophets.

Also, most of the verses that BrodyMontgomery posted are very vague.

What a douchebag.

Egann
Egann's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Old Testament Predates

The Old Testament predates Eratosthenes and Aristotle both by two hundred years as dated by the texts themselves (at minimum, most of it is older than that even.) We can tell how old the books are because the authors were kind enough to usually cite the King prophesied under.

NOBODY in western thought ever thought that the earth was flat, either because ships disappear over the horizon keel first. That idea was introduced in the last few hundred years as a comic addition to the Christopher Columbus story, but the Roman Catholic Church did adopt [i]Aristotle's[/i] wrong ideas about earth being the immoble center to the universe.

Also, Ecclesiastes 1:7

"All the rivers run into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full;
to the place from which the rivers come,
There they will return again."

Now where do you think the author learned about the water cycle from two thousand years before science came to understanding them?

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh right, the person wrote

Oh right, the person wrote about circulating water.. so god has to exist - How would you explain the other things like this (the quran has stuff in it about waves in waves, describing the ocean currents... or something like that...)

Just because there are several (many even 99%) cool facts that happen to be right.. if one of them is wrong then the bible is wrong

The bible cannot be divinely proofed if there is one wrong fact in it (unless god wanted it to be in there).

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree with you there

I agree with you there guruite but the fact that the Bible talked about objects no one would have even imagined does stand as evidence. Nothing can be proven by just one thing or argument. If it is to be accepted it requires a lot of Faith. But, everyone refers to biblical contradictions. WHAT CONTRADICTIONS???????? Not to seem rude but I don't see any. Please show them to me & I will examine them. Also, someone said that Buddha's teachings date back even earlier than the Bible you can never convince me so. It all depends on your outlook at history. Evolutionists believe the earth is millions of years old, creationists believe around 6,000-8,000. No one can know for sure therefore we can not see which came first. But, after examining the Bible & evidences for God you should be able to come to an informed assumption-God came first. But, that is after a ton of examination. Anyway, respond back soon.

Praise God,
GWG

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
correction, nobody in the

correction, nobody in the EDUCATED western world thought that.

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
GWG wrote:I agree with you

[quote=GWG]I agree with you there guruite but the fact that the Bible talked about objects no one would have even imagined does stand as evidence. Nothing can be proven by just one thing or argument. If it is to be accepted it requires a lot of Faith.[/quote]
So you admit the necessity of faith in god. Isn't that the equivalent of saying there isn't any evidence, or enough, but I believe anyways?

[quote]But, everyone refers to biblical contradictions. WHAT CONTRADICTIONS???????? Not to seem rude but I don't see any. Please show them to me & I will examine them.[/quote]
In another thread, someone posted a list. I'll mention a few.

#1, the earth is 6-10000 years old. That contradicts... well, known fact. It's a consensus that the earth is far older, and very few people in their right minds question that.
#2 Pi=3. That contradicts fact, and the Greeks and Babylonians already knew those measurements to far closer degrees. Even if it was done solely by measurements, they would have gotten near 3.15, because it mentions something 10 in diameter and 30 in circumference. if you're telling me they didn't know the difference between 30 and 31 and a half?
#3 Jesus' last words. Look at what each of the gospels claim his last words are. Wouldn't they at least have consensus on God's son's last words?

[quote]Also, someone said that Buddha's teachings date back even earlier than the Bible you can never convince me so. It all depends on your outlook at history.[/quote]
No, regardless, the Bible(NT) was written after Jesus, and Buddha's teachings were written far after. If you want to claim the OT, that's ironic, because people are always quick to disclaim the archaic morality portrayed in it as the OT and no longer relevant(except the part about gays).

[quote]Evolutionists believe the earth is millions of years old, creationists believe around 6,000-8,000. No one can know for sure therefore we can not see which came first.[/quote]
Actually, we know pretty darn well that it is BILLIONS of years old. Not just evolutionists, the vast majority of any scientists. Much of modern science, including Einsteinian physics, the shift of the continents, most of geology, much of astronomy, operates perfectly under the conclusion that the earth is as old as we say(and the universe), so that conclusion is supported not only by the aging techniques we use, but also by the predictions which are then made and fulfilled by those theories.

[quote]But, after examining the Bible & evidences for God you should be able to come to an informed assumption-[/quote]

I fail to see how the Bible provides evidence. Please, spell it all out for me.

[quote]God came first.[/quote]
I doubt it. The Virgin Mary probably did.

[quote]But, that is after a ton of examination. Anyway, respond back soon.
Praise God,
GWG[/quote]

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Egann wrote:Also,

[quote=Egann]Also, Ecclesiastes 1:7

"All the rivers run into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full;
to the place from which the rivers come,
There they will return again."[/quote]

Read [url=http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH133.html]here[/url].

[quote]Now where do you think the author learned about the water cycle from two thousand years before science came to understanding them?[/quote]

Are you trying to suggest that the author got his information from God?

Egann
Egann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Refutation of web source,

Refutation of web source, point by point.

1. As that both the Genesis passage and Job are (or are concidered to be by content inference) prediluvian, hail kept in heaven is used to argue the modern gap theory that most of the current oceanic water was originally in the form of high altitude water vapor, but that only counts as an explanation. It cannot be an argument because it would be begging the question.

2. Even if it doesn't describe the process of the water cycle, it describes the effects pretty accurately, so this refutation ammounts to begging the question because it assumes that it cannot refer to the water cycle to say that it doesn't

3. "Nothing new under the sun" contextually reffers to the futility of man's reasoning without God, exactly the reverse of man's independent reason, so this argument is, again, begging the question.

4. QED, As that this predates Aristotle, though, we must either assume that knowledge of a round earth is far more ancient than ancient greece (to deny that the greeks did anything other than to write down what was then common knowledge in a secular context and add a few wrong assertions like the earth is the center of the universe or that heavy things fall faster than lighter things, or that the greeks (the "source" for modern science) really discovered nothing worthwhile.

As that, in ancient cultures, there was no seperation of theology and science, it is perfectly legitimate to claim that the references that BrodyMontgomery gave us were real scientific discoveries of the Hebrews or other (non-greek and non-secular) nations that were merely explained in a religious theological context. After all, both the study of the universe and the study of theology ammounted to the same thing: studying God directly or indirectly.

[quote]Are you trying to suggest that the author got his information from God?[/quote]

Either that, or what is more likely that the ancient Hebrew, [i]theocratic[/i] system was far more scientifically advanced than you are willing to give it credit for being. Either way, I win the point.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Egann wrote:Refutation of

[quote=Egann]Refutation of web source, point by point.[/quote]

Not really. You're responding with more junk.

[quote]1. As that both the Genesis passage and Job are (or are concidered to be by content inference) prediluvian, hail kept in heaven is used to argue the modern gap theory that most of the current oceanic water was originally in the form of high altitude water vapor, but that only counts as an explanation. It cannot be an argument because it would be begging the question.[/quote]

You call this a refutation? It's more of a [i]"Well yeah, but...this doesn't do this and that, but..."[/i]

Anyway, the passage in Job is basically saying that [b]developed [/b] snow and hail are stored in heaven.

[quote]2. Even if it doesn't describe the process of the water cycle, it describes the effects pretty accurately, so this refutation ammounts to begging the question because it assumes that it cannot refer to the water cycle to say that it doesn't.[/quote]

I thought you said that you're making a refutation of the web source?

The passage doesn't say how the water returns to the source of streams. Also, the source I provided makes a good point. Back then, people believed that the water returned underground.

[quote]3. "Nothing new under the sun" contextually reffers to the futility of man's reasoning without God, exactly the reverse of man's independent reason, so this argument is, again, begging the question.[/quote]

"Nothing new under the sun" contradicts Isaiah 43:19.

[quote]As that, in ancient cultures, there was no seperation of theology and science, it is perfectly legitimate to claim that the references that BrodyMontgomery gave us were real scientific discoveries of the Hebrews or other (non-greek and non-secular) nations that were merely explained in a religious theological context. After all, both the study of the universe and the study of theology ammounted to the same thing: studying God directly or indirectly.[/quote]

BrodyMontgomery gave us vague verses.

Another thing, why do you guys treat the Bible like it's a science book? The Quran is believed by Muslims to be scientifically accurate, too.

Is it the science in the Bible/Quran that matters to you? Or who is right about their religion?

[quote]Either that, or what is more likely that the ancient Hebrew, [i]theocratic[/i] system was far more scientifically advanced than you are willing to give it credit for being. Either way, I win the point.[/quote]

I don't think God even exists, so your "point' fails. You have to convince me that it was god. Anyway, the Bible is not supposed to be treated like a science book, because it ain't!

Egann
Egann's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am not, never have, and

I am not, never have, and probably never will try to prove to you that there is a God. You have your presuppositions and habits of thought so firmly entrenched in your mind that the process of questioning your own worldview to correct any possible incorrectness that is innevitable for being human.

In so doing, you are neglecting your epistemic duties to yourself.

AgnosticAtheist1
User is offlineOffline
Wait... you werne't trying

Wait... you werne't trying to prove that? The classic: I'm not actually trying or going to try to convert you, I just want to open your eyes, but since you can't open your eyes to God, I am right because you're being close minded.

Egann
Egann's picture
User is offlineOffline
The entire purpouse of

The entire purpouse of Christian apologetics is not to convert people - that is called evangelism- but rather to intellectually stifle people by proving that they have no room to dissagree apart from that they invent.

This is indirectly derrived from the argument I use, which basically asserts that to hold any position except the right one without borrowing from it to provide answers to metaphysics, epistemology, and ethics. I won't be so borish as to say that the position I hold is absolutely correct in every detail (and perhaps some larger issues.) The problem is that I haven't yet been presented with any arguments which require that my position change.

Ergo I think that I am more open minded than you are, regardless of what you say. I do not say that I am difinitively right, I claim that I can diffinitively prove you wrong, and then back it up with an argument.

I usually refrain from telling my objectives because, face it, they make me sound like a pretensious blowhard, but really, what other purpouse would there be for Christian apologetics? You are so hardened into your positions that my arguments alone cannot pry you from them no matter how convincing they are.

Defend Christianity intellectually I can do. Soften the unbeliever's heart I cannot, that's God's buisness. (Go ahead and say that God doesn't exist, if you can't understand that my objective statement only needs to be consistant with my own position, you are a lost cause.)

Now, if someone were to soften up, it would not be from my argument but from God softening his/her heart (the reverse of the Pharoah in Exodus.) In which case, I would take advantage of the situation to refer the person to the appropriate evangelists as that evangelism isn't my gift.

Otherwise, all this would be a waste of my time.

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you want to see evidence

If you want to see evidence go to www.answersingenesis.com &/or search for Lee Strobel on Google. Don't write these people off & say they are biased. We all are. Just read the things they have to say.

Neither side can really be forced to concede on this point. Evolutionists & Creationists can only [i]estimate[/i] how old the earth is because, as I have stated before, they are both scientific faiths.

Science deals with the present. It deals with what you can see, taste, smell, hear & touch. It also must be able to be testable, reproduceable & observable. Neither side can do that to the earth to discover it's age. Not even with carbon dating.

And, on Carbon Dating & all those other dating methods, Carbon Dating placed the Cocelaeth(I think i typed it right???) at 500 Million years old & thus extinct, at least they said that until fishermen on the coast of South America?????? caught a few in their nets. Just a bit of proof.

Reply soon.

Praise God,
GWG

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
GWG wrote:If you want to see

[quote=GWG]If you want to see evidence go to www.answersingenesis.com &/or search for Lee Strobel on Google. Don't write these people off & say they are biased. We all are. Just read the things they have to say. [/quote]

Caseagainstfaith.com has refuted Strobel.

[quote]And, on Carbon Dating & all those other dating methods, Carbon Dating placed the Cocelaeth(I think i typed it right???) at 500 Million years old & thus extinct, at least they said that until fishermen on the coast of South America?????? caught a few in their nets. Just a bit of proof.[/quote]

Proof of what?

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Proof of

[quote]Proof of what?[/quote]

Cocelaeths can time travel!

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lee Strobel is only one man.

Lee Strobel is only one man. He can't answer every point of any debate. No man can. And yes, Strobel doesn't do a good job of balancing his interviews but he does inform of the facts & questions raised while studying them.

Carbon Dating (and other methods) is the most common technique for discerning the earth's age. If it fails in telling the truth about the age of a fossil (actually, many fossils) why could the earth not be 6,000-8,000 years old?

Praise God,
GWG

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
GWG wrote:Carbon Dating (and

[quote=GWG]Carbon Dating (and other methods) is the most common technique for discerning the earth's age. If it fails in telling the truth about the age of a fossil (actually, many fossils) why could the earth not be 6,000-8,000 years old?[/quote]

Kent Hovind used this argument before, it has been refuted so many times and it looks like people are still using his argument...

Egann
Egann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Radioactive dating methods

Radioactive dating methods are known to be inaccurate. Radiocarbon dating has been diffinitvely shown to be innaccurate past 5,000 years thanks to tree annual rings and cannot be applied to anything fossilized reliably due to mineral replacement.

Uranium 238 dating assumes that the ammount of Uranium is determined entirely by the lead content (in other words, all of the lead created by uranium decay in the sample was created by radioactive decay scince the rock was last molten.

Potassium-Argon dating assumes that Argon will never effuse from a rock despite being a gass.

And all these assume that the rock never contacts ground-water, which will permiate the rock and unpredictably introduce matterials. As that most fossils discovered are on the surface of the ground, and not burried deeply, it is reasonable to assume that the fossil was probably bathed in ground water before surfacing, thus negating all possibility for any radioactive age dating method.

One more thing: the continent recycling process is completed between every 200 and 500 million years, depending on the rate of continental drift. How can we possibly have a three billion year old fossil when it should have been subducted and melted between 8 and 20 times?

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Where are you getting this

Where are you getting this from? Can you link us please?

Also, check out this link from former creationist Glenn Morton because it happens to refute your ass.

http://home.entouch.net/dmd/age.htm

And [url=http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html]this[/url].

Egann
Egann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Continental drift figures

Continental drift figures are taken from my own math based on the Earth's circumfrence, and only one place on the surface of the earth experiencing new continent formation at three to seven inches per year. This is an extremely conservative estimate and as such is virtually irrifutable (unless you are willing to forego uniformitarianism and say that sea floor spreading has picked up in the last thousand years for no real reason.)

About your sources: Why does the first have striaght line graphs for radioactive decay when decay is exponential, not linear. No matter how you cut it, to derive the age of the Earth, he should have a decay curve.

Source 2: Talk Origins. If you can refute my sources by saying it is biased, I ought to do the same to you, but I am not that mean.

Helium content: Regardless of what the dude says, regardless of the atomic mass of an atom, the escape velocity is the same. So if one gas can escape the gravitational pull of a planet, they all can. Escape velocity is the same regardles of mass.

Magnetic field decay: Ever heard of [i]friction?[/i] Molten iron is not exactly a well lubricated matterial, and any time a magnetic field is produced, energy must be expended, so the core of the earth must be slowing down, and quite a bit, given the power of Earth's magnetic field. Inertia is powerful, but it is not a perpetual motion machine.

Meteoretic dust on moon: I really don't understand the creationist argument here, as that metiorertic impact is negligable compared to the sun expand/contract heat cycle in regolith creation, but as that regolith will act as an insulator and shock absorber, there is a limit to depth projected to about one foot, plus this argument was before the Appolo Missions when evolutionists really were projecting estimates that moon dust was hundreds of feet thick based on radar diffractions. Neil Armstrong was even warned that he might sink into the surface, so he patted the ground before stepping off the landing pad (which you don't see because of the angle of the camera.)

Metals in the ocean: I guess this disproves uniformitarianism, eh. If the earth is 4.5 billion years old than the aluminum rate must have changed as well as the Sodium.

One evolutionary scientists has calculated a maximum age of the earth based on salts in the ocean at 90 million years, so 4.5 billion years is by no means a diffinitive age.

Also, the "primodial ooze" would have had to have had an even higher salt concentration and wider variety than the modern oceans. Salt leaving the ocean has always been less than entry, so the evolutionary model ought to say that the oceans would be like the dead sea -a pickle brine, based on the primordial ooze alone.

Conclusion: Your sources are biased. They give you figures, but don't tell you the implications of the numbers.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Egann wrote:Continental

[quote=Egann]Continental drift figures are taken from my own math based on the Earth's circumfrence, and only one place on the surface of the earth experiencing new continent formation at three to seven inches per year. This is an extremely conservative estimate and as such is virtually irrifutable[/quote]

[i]Virtually[/i] irrifutable? It is or it's not. LOL!

[quote](unless you are willing to forego uniformitarianism and say that sea floor spreading has picked up in the last thousand years for no real reason.)[/quote]

You remind of those people that think the Pangea stuff never happened.

[quote]About your sources: Why does the first have striaght line graphs for radioactive decay when decay is exponential, not linear. No matter how you cut it, to derive the age of the Earth, he should have a decay curve.[/quote]

I could have sworn that I linked you over [url=http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html]here[/url].

[quote]Source 2: Talk Origins. If you can refute my sources by saying it is biased, I ought to do the same to you, but I am not that mean.[/quote]

No, I didn't. You're posting links with articles that have been refuted over and over. And talkorigins is not biased, it happens to have a "Index to Creationist Claims" because it seems that people are still using those old, refuted arguments and claims.

[quote]Magnetic field decay: Ever heard of [i]friction?[/i] Molten iron is not exactly a well lubricated matterial, and any time a magnetic field is produced, energy must be expended, so the core of the earth must be slowing down, and quite a bit, given the power of Earth's magnetic field. Inertia is powerful, but it is not a perpetual motion machine.[/quote]

If you're trying to use magnetic field decay for your argument that the Earth is young. See these links.

(Intro)http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/magfields.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CD/CD701.html
(Specific Creationist Arguments) http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/dave_matson/young-earth/specific_arguments/

[quote]Meteoretic dust on moon: I really don't understand the creationist argument here, as that metiorertic impact is negligable compared to the sun expand/contract heat cycle in regolith creation, but as that regolith will act as an insulator and shock absorber, there is a limit to depth projected to about one foot, plus this argument was before the Appolo Missions when evolutionists really were projecting estimates that moon dust was hundreds of feet thick based on radar diffractions. Neil Armstrong was even warned that he might sink into the surface, so he patted the ground before stepping off the landing pad (which you don't see because of the angle of the camera.)[/quote]

Maybe these links will give you a clue about what creationists try to argue.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moon-dust.html

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/dave_matson/young-earth/specific_arguments/moon_dust.html

[quote]Metals in the ocean: I guess this disproves uniformitarianism, eh. If the earth is 4.5 billion years old than the aluminum rate must have changed as well as the Sodium.[/quote]

I guess if the Earth is 10,000 years old, then the Flinstones is a reality tv show.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html
(Go to the CD200 section.)

[quote]One evolutionary scientists has calculated a maximum age of the earth based on salts in the ocean at 90 million years, so 4.5 billion years is by no means a diffinitive age.[/quote]

Who is this evolutionary scientist? Link please.

[quote]Conclusion: Your sources are biased. They give you figures, but don't tell you the implications of the numbers.
[/quote]

Biased sources that happen to refute these claims. And you should've clicked on the links that they provided, dummy.

And stop trying to trick these people into thinking that the Earth is only 10,000 years old. :D

Stop with these dishonest tactics or you're outta here.