Question for Administrator

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Question for Administrator

I haven't gotten back into this forum for awhile & while I was gone a lot of posts have piled up. I didn't want to read through everything because of the size so I came up with an idea. When we debate in these forums it can really get hectic. So many people debating so many different points. So I came up with an idea. Tell me what you think.

I will look through FreeThinking teens & find the 11 most powerful, ardent, intelligent defenders of Evolution, atheism & agnosticism, or simply the ones who hate Christianity the most & I'll invite them to join me in a forum section where only the 12 of us can debate. The administrators can move all of the stray posts.

The whole point of the 12 of us debating against each other is one topic-Is Christianity guilty of being a hoax? We will approach this debate as a jury would a case. I will talk with a few of the others & we will put together a case. We will make up a prosecution & a defense for both sides & then find a few evidences for each. Then the 12 of us will examine everything & debate a few points about Christianity.

Anyone who wants to can call for a vote. We can have 2 different votes. Either a) The jurors just post their vote or b) The jurors email the vote to me (I'm the foreman).

Anyway, we will debate this topic until we reach one of two points. The first being a verdict of 12-0 & two being a hung jury. A hung jury is where after 2 adjournments we cannot make a decision.

I will state the rules at the beginning of the debate. What do you (the admin) think?

Praise God,
GWG

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm a moderator at this

I'm a moderator at this forum, I can probably participate in your debate. But I'm going to start working this week, so it might take me a while to respond to posts and stuff like that.

I can open a new thread here and I will delete posts by people that are not supposed to be posting, just to keep things organized.

I'm not sure if 12 people will debate.

How about 3 atheists and 3 theists?

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
That will be acceptable.

That will be acceptable. I'll start searching unless you can think of anyne who would work. When I find them I will post the list here in this forum & then e-mail them if you agree.

Praise God,
GWG

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
The people I have in mind

The people I have in mind are Noor, AgnosticAtheist1, and Deludedgod.

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's good. I'll try & find

That's good. I'll try & find some theists but they're kind of hard to come by in these forums. I think I know of 3. Anyway, I'll start checking unless you know of anyone.

Praise God,
GWG

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
hmm... this seems

hmm... this seems interesting... if there happens to be an open spot, say if someone were to drop out, I would be happy to fill it in... :)

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd be happy to join

I'd be happy to join

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sweet. Glad you could join

Sweet.

Glad you could join us, deludedgod! :)

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Aboard deludedgod.

Welcome Aboard deludedgod. Hey Greg, That's fine with me. We will more than likely be holding similar debates in the future & if you cannot join now you can then.

Praise God,
GWG

Noor
User is offlineOffline
When will the debates be?

When will the debates be?

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn, proud to be

Damn, proud to be elected/chosen. I'd love to. I'm not on as often as I'd like anymore, but that's mostly because a lot of the topics have died.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Glad you could join,

Glad you could join, AgnosticAtheist1. :)

Yeah, a lot topics have died, but this debate should bring things back to life.

GWG
GWG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey guys, sorry I havent

Hey guys, sorry I havent posted in a while, things have been busy.

Anyway, the debate will take place as soon as we can get a case for both sides. We will do this in groups. Those who are on the prosecution will communicate together either in another forum, e-mail or IM I dont care which, the same goes for the defense.

We will have to have it written in an outline format. Then we will present it together in the jury room & start the debate.

We will first have a vote to see where everyone stands & then start to examine both sides' cases & start discussing evidence.

I do need to know who thinks they will be able to participate. You won't always need to be present but you should try & post once in a while so that we can know what you think.

Again, we cannot close the debate & deliver our verdict without a 12-0 vote.

We must be logical through out this debate so if someone presents something completely logical no matter how much our beliefs don't agree we must accept it if it is obvious. If it can be debated it will not change our vote.

Any comments or questions?

Praise God,
GWG