DreamerGWB
DreamerGWB's picture
User is offlineOffline
An interesting view...

Q1.
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids
already, three who were deaf, two who were blind,
one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would
you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the
response for this one.

Q2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only
your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three
candidates. Who would you vote for?

Candidate A.
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults
with astrologist. He's had two mistresses. He also
chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B.
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until
noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of
whiskey every evening.

Candidate C
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian,
doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never
cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be our choice?
Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the
response.
------------------------------------------------------------

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion
question: If you said YES, you just killed
Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think
before judging someone.
Wait till you see the end of this note! Keep
reading..

And Finally, can you imagine working for a company
that has a little more than 500 employees and has
the following statistics:
* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at
least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the
last year...

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.
The same group that crank out hundreds of new laws each year
designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
funny thing is, those people

funny thing is, those people were great because of the fact that they grew up in a pushing environment, and in beethovens time, we did not know how to tell what they were going to be tainted with. so really, this proves a thought, but not a point

KimTheFaerieFreak
KimTheFaerieFreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
that is the most AMAZING

that is the most AMAZING thing I have ever read.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
before you believe look it

before you believe look it up. If there is ever a way to gain knowledge it is too disbelieve until proven. basically doubt. So look all of this up first. then believe

Maverick
Maverick's picture
User is offlineOffline

I have heard the United States Congress one and the Hitler one.

As for Beethoven, what was so great about him?

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beethoven was a musical

Beethoven was a musical genius. You can't be entirely ignorant of that fact can you? If you respect genius in any sort you can't deny his skill.

blood pig
blood pig's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah dude, beethoven was

Yeah dude, beethoven was definitely a master in his art.

but I've seen that before. I think it's great.

Bashh
Bashh's picture
User is offlineOffline
this just proves that no

this just proves that no one's perfect. besides the whole hitler vegitarian thing regardless of truth doesn't make him better. Vegitarians disgust me.

Beethoven was a genious yes, that doesn't mean I wouldn't have suggested the abortion. Plus we say that now, knowing (or at least assuming) that this would have happened since it did, but if he was aborted, we wouldn't have known the loss now would we have? It's just one of those things. It sounds like an amazing thing to speculate about but I find it to just be coincidence more than anything. I donno, just doesn't rank as amazing to me. Didn't the first time I read it either.

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
plus, only like one in a

plus, only like one in a billion ppl in such a situation would turn out that way.

Kyzer
Kyzer's picture
User is offlineOffline
AgnosticAtheist1 wrote:plus,

[quote=AgnosticAtheist1]plus, only like one in a billion ppl in such a situation would turn out that way.[/quote]

True

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
Actually, sorry to disagree,

Actually, sorry to disagree, but Bethoven kind of sucked. I am very involved in music, I was in band for 4 years, I have been in Orchestra for 7 years, I play the drums, mandolin, guitar, viola, and saxaphone. I CAN play the bass guitar (when reading tablature) and I CAN play violin. I listen to music every morning before my first period orchestra class, and is is all classical or jazz. Also, I download every time type music off of the internet that you can think of besides country, rap, hip-hop, punk, emo and techno. (Like classical, classical rock, acid rock, jazz, acid jazz, jazzrock, blues, blues rock, folk, folk rock, bluegrass, world, etc.) I love Prgoressive, alternative, jazz, bluesrock, and classical orchestral. The beroque (spelling?) and romantic time periods shat out dung all over the orchestral world, other than a little bit of the romantic, and I would like to state the the most common composers are actually very bland. Bethoven had practically no good symphony's, besides his 3rd. (out of nine) and Mozart? HE was a genius, and played the violin at age three, but had bland and un-attractive music. It certainly did not 'lul' you in. If you want an example of bad Bethoven, listen to "Ode to Joy". It's sort of a mixture between what should be marching band music, and a string orchestra. Some renditions of it have vocals. (Opera style, but not lyrics, notes, tones.) It is very repetitive. I believe it is in his ninth symphony. (he was practically deaf at that point, which may have contributed to it's shittyness)

Stephen
Stephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Q1. Sure, that is very risky

Q1.
Sure, that is very risky pregnancy...
And in the end, Beethovan went deaf, had a very hard life.

As for the candidate thing, I agree with the point that makes.. It is not the lifestyle of the candidate but his politics that are important.

[quote]Vegitarians disgust me.[/quote]
Reminds me of christians who rant about [i]athiests[/i]...

Bashh
Bashh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stephen

[quote=Stephen]
[quote]Vegitarians disgust me.[/quote]
Reminds me of christians who rant about [i]athiests[/i]...
[/quote]

I'm not ranting, nor going up to them and telling them they're idiots for it. It's an unhealthy choice to eat solely vegitables, that's why the majority of vegitarians have to take suppliments, too. That, and nearly all of the ones I've come in contact with think they're morally superior because they don't eat the flesh of another animal. Good for you, I don't care if you eat an animal or not, just don't fuckin tell me I'm less moral cause I think beef tastes good. I'm not even bringing morals up, just pointing out that it's unhealthy.

Stephen
Stephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I'm not ranting, nor

[quote]I'm not ranting, nor going up to them and telling them they're idiots for it[/quote]
You said that [b]vegetarians [i]disgust[/i] you[/b].
That means that you feel some sort of aversion to them. SInce you didn't give any reasoning (and also misspelled vegetarian...) you reminded me of those who spout off about disliking atheists (even though they give no reason and always freaking misspell it).

[quote]It's an unhealthy choice to eat solely vegitables, that's why the majority of vegitarians have to take suppliments, too.[/quote]
I would shout strawman but I think this is a genuine misconception. Vegetarians don't just eat vegetables, they just don't eat meat (vegans don't consume any animal products). Many vegetarians (like myself) consume dairy.

And really what has that got to do with disgust?

[quote]That, and nearly all of the ones I've come in contact with think they're morally superior because they don't eat the flesh of another animal.[/quote]

Ok, I guess I can understand that; I have the opposite experience though.

[quote]Good for you, I don't care if you eat an animal or not, just don't fuckin tell me I'm less moral cause I think beef tastes good.[/quote]
I agree whole-heartily...

[quote] I'm not even bringing morals up, just pointing out that it's unhealth[/quote]

Vegetarianism isn't healthy or unhealthy in and of itself. It is quite easy in developed countries to maintain a veg. diet (esp. with dairy).