The Richard Dawkins Foundation

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
The Richard Dawkins Foundation

The RDF is a new organization founded by Richard Dawkins to promote reason and science. It's website is now online, containing various articles, videos and other material.

http://www.richarddawkins.net/

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Dude, I totally love this

Dude, I totally love this site... Richard Dawkins is going to be on the Colbert Report Oct. 17th!!! I can't wait... Two of my heros, meeting face to face. Who will be the victor?!

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
He talked about his new book

He talked about his new book on BBC newsnight. You can watch it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/default.stm

Voided
User is offlineOffline
He's getting on Colbert?

He's getting on Colbert? Sweet.

But you know Colbert is going to play the dick and won't even let a debate start.

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Oh, Colbert is funny. It's

Oh, Colbert is funny. It's not supposed to be a debate show, anyway. I just want to see Dawkins' face when he tries to make sense of Colbert's bullshit... ha ha ha. That's entertainment!

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins interviewed

Richard Dawkins interviewed about "The God Delusion" on BBC 2. I think Jeremy Paxman makes some interesting questions... not good or thoughtful, but interesting nonetheless.

http://richarddawkins.net/video/rd_newsnight.mov

highraven
highraven's picture
User is offlineOffline
all shall bow to rich

all shall bow to rich dawkins!! *bow*

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
Myspace users change your

Myspace users, change your image profile to the god delusion flyer for one week!!!

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Here are the details as the went out in bulletin

If you haven't heard yet, the new book from the worlds most famous atheist Richard Dawkins is called "The God Delusion." It is an eloquent attack on irrational religious belief. Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, and the Invisible Pink Unicorn are all imaginary, and this book simply demolishes those beliefs.

As of 9:15 est Monday October 23rd, the best the Richard Dawkins team can say "The God Delusion" has done is attain the following status:

#1 on Amazon.co.uk
#1 on Amazon.ca!
#2 on Amazon.com

One of these things does not belong here. ;-)

We want to see The God Delusion at number 1 on Amazon.com. You can help make it happen sometime this week! If this happens, "The publishers could run an ad about 'The Hat Trick', Number 1 on all 3 amazons, or something like that, which could help to boost awareness and sales of the book even higher!"

Here is how you can help:
1. Change your myspace profile picture to this, until at least Nov 3rd (the day after Richard records a show in studio with the RRS)

2. Hand out flyers promoting the book! Here they are.

3. Buy a copy of the book. If you have one already buy another one to give to someone as a gift. Here's the link for the book on Amazon.com.

4. Talk about the book in your blog or elsewhere. Pass on our bulletins.

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS WEEK!

As a side project, we are also trying to raise money for the Richard Dawkins Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Reason. Please visit this thread, and we'll match your donations. As of the creation of this post we're around $1,000 including matching! The money will be given to Richard by RRS members in a ceremony on Nov. 2 when he visits our studio.
Text link for donations.

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read the book, and i

I read the book, and i recommend it to everyone. It was an amazing read. I especially liked the part in the beginning when He talks about the reaction einstein got when he declared his atheism :)