You people...

Citsatnaf
User is offlineOffline
You people...

I've been poking around this website for a while now, and you people are sickening. I don't mean athiests. I mean the malicious athiests that seem to have grouped on this website. The word "militant" comes to mind all the time just browsing through your forums. You're making horrible generalizations about Christians and theists of all sort, and I've seen some petty little pictures making fun of other people's beliefs. And honestly, what good can come from declaring a war of Christmas?? Christmas is a happy holiday! What's wrong with Christmas??

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I've been poking

[quote]I've been poking around this website for a while now, and you people are sickening.[/quote]

Need a barf bag?

[quote]I don't mean athiests. I mean the malicious athiests that seem to have grouped on this website. The word "militant" comes to mind all the time just browsing through your forums.[/quote]

Militant is fine by me, as long as you don't mean violent. I'll leave the violence up to the religious folks.

[quote]You're making horrible generalizations about Christians and theists of all sort,[/quote]

You mean like pointing out that ALL theists have a belief in something that thet have no proof for?

[quote]and I've seen some petty little pictures making fun of other people's beliefs.[/quote]

What's wrong with blasphemy?

[quote]And honestly, what good can come from declaring a war of Christmas??[/quote]

It's a stab at Faux news for claiming there was a War on Christmas when there wasn't one. If media outlets want to create fake wars to drum up anti-secular support, it's fine by me if people want to let those dirtbags see what a real War on Christmas might look like (sans the violence, like I said we'll leave that to the religious people). Read more about it at www.waronchristmas.com

[quote]Christmas is a happy holiday![/quote]

It's happy to commemorate the life of a man that likely never existed being pinned to a cross and bludgeoned as he dies?

[quote]What's wrong with Christmas??[/quote]
Here's a start...

Now with that said, keep in mind, we respect your right to have your beliefs. You can be a regular contributor of this forum even if you don't agree with the stance that others take. Speaking out against religion is important to quite a few people here. Some other people don't see the importance or just choose not to take part, that's fine.

Stephen
Stephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have a problem with

You have a problem with people generalizing about Christians... AND YOU TITLE YOUR POST "You people..."
Wow!

Any who, I have no problem being labeled a militant atheist; Rather that than a pushover hypocrite.

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stephen wrote:You have a

[quote=Stephen]You have a problem with people generalizing about Christians... AND YOU TITLE YOUR POST "You people..."
Wow!

Any who, I have no problem being labeled a militant atheist; Rather that than a pushover hypocrite.[/quote]
Stole the words right out of my mouth.

Personally, IMO most of Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Holiday Season/Whatever the hell you call it has absolutely nothing to do what it actually is supposed to. It's a good time that the family comes together.

Citsatnaf
User is offlineOffline
I'm saying that you guys

I'm saying that you guys generalize about Christians much too much. Saying that they're all sheep, and such like that. I titled it 'You People...' because it's just you guys. Only this website. Show me someone who isn't trying to stop theism in its tracks on this site(except for me, duh), and I'll change the title. And you're talking about religious people being violent? It's not the religious part that's violent. It's the people part. If people believe strongly enough in something (not just religion!) they're willing to get violent over it. My best friend is a very very devout Christian, and he disagrees with a lot of things you guys probably hold dear, but he isn't standing at the end of the gay pride parade with a dozen rotten eggs to dump on people. It's just the stupid and crazy people who do stupid and crazy things.

You can respect my right to have beliefs, but you don't respect the beliefs themselves at all. They're not even my beliefs; I'm a theist agnostic. I don't see why you guys are always bashing Christianity and making fun of the beliefs of millions of people.

And are you implying that I'm a pushover hypocrite, Stephen? If you really are, that's pretty low of you to resort to petty name-calling.

Whitecrow
Whitecrow's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I'm saying that you guys

"I'm saying that you guys generalize about Christians much too much. Saying that they're all sheep, and such like that. I titled it 'You People...' because it's just you guys. Only this website."

So... you're still generalizing, only on a slightly more limited "this site" level. Oh course... we all think alike and all.

"Show me someone who isn't trying to stop theism in its tracks on this site(except for me, duh), and I'll change the title."

Well... I'd say I'd be. I certainly wouldnt mind a world without theism but "in it's tracks," that's a bit of a rough word... Perhaps stop it in such a way that believing in a dead Jewish guy is equivalent to believing that the moon landing never happened.

"And you're talking about religious people being violent? It's not the religious part that's violent. It's the people part. If people believe strongly enough in something (not just religion!) they're willing to get violent over it."

Read your Old Testament please.

"he isn't standing at the end of the gay pride parade with a dozen rotten eggs to dump on people"

Good for him.

"You can respect my right to have beliefs, but you don't respect the beliefs themselves at all."

Right... like the people who believe that the moon landing never happened.

"I don't see why you guys are always bashing Christianity and making fun of the beliefs of millions of people."

2.1 billion actually, and maybe the other 2.9 billion that are non-Christian theists. Why? Tune in to a couple of shows by the Rational Responders and you'll get it- or you can just read a few books or articles or... I'll just say it- Religion, is divisive, destructive, and insulting to human intelligence. It breeds violence just by it sheer nature of uncompromisable dogma and it turns good intelligent men to, at best, rationalizing sycophants and at worse murderous fanatics.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Citsatnaf wrote: Show me

[quote=Citsatnaf] Show me someone who isn't trying to stop theism in its tracks on this site(except for me, duh), and I'll change the title.[/quote]

That list would be too long to mention. This site is for all freethinkers. You only want one who isn't trying to stop theism? Ok... one of our mods: Toxicat.

You read her posts and tell me if you can find her anywhere, try9ing to stop theism in its tracks: http://www.freethinkingteens.com/user/toxicat/track

[quote]And you're talking about religious people being violent? It's not the religious part that's violent. It's the people part. If people believe strongly enough in something (not just religion!) they're willing to get violent over it.[/quote]

I'm not. And there are plenty of other people who aren't.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Nobel Prize winning Physicist Steven Weinberg

[quote]You can respect my right to have beliefs, but you don't respect the beliefs themselves at all. They're not even my beliefs; I'm a theist agnostic. [/quote]

I don't respect theistic beliefs. I'm sorry if that makes you feel bad. I respect you, and your right to believe what you want, your desire to convince us that we're wrong, I can respect those things. But believing that there is an invisible man in the sky is no different than believing that Papa Smurf is a non-fictional character.

[quote]I don't see why you guys are always bashing Christianity and making fun of the beliefs of millions of people.[/quote]

People who don't want their beliefs laughed at, shouldn't have such silly beliefs.