Your Atheist Stories....

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your Atheist Stories....

This is a thread where you can tell your stories that you've encountered, in public, school, on the internet, etc.. about you being an atheist and people's reactions.. good or bad. I'd love to see what you have to say :)

Sprinklesss
Sprinklesss's picture
User is offlineOffline
so a few days ago I told

so a few days ago I told this girl I like that I was an atheist...and she just transferred in from a school...called Life Christian. lol so she was weird about that for awhile, but now she says that she NEEDS me to go to church with her next wednesday to help her win a dodgeball tourney...so I guess I'm going to that...dodgeball's fun lol

Stephen
Stephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Today, I passed a christian

Today, I passed a christian preacher with a dry erase board trying to preach the gospel,

I would have engaged him (he was using voodoo presupesationalist "logic") but a bunch of atheists, secular humanists and 4 muslims and a couple liberal christians were whopping his ass.

It was kind-uh cool. I had no idea this university was so um godless.

Ph8
Ph8's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eh..., my Aunt and Uncle and

Eh..., my Aunt and Uncle and cousins are southern baptists, little redicuous with the religion thing. They are also the only republicans in the family... anywho this leads to lots of arguments and all when we all get together, and last year was really the first time that I actually voiced my opinion during one of these (usually play ping pong and stuff instead cause arguing with them is pointless...) I wanted to make this longer but I kind of have to go to class... Anyways, they basically got really pissed at me. The end. Now, to Astronomy!

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
There was a debate today at

There was a debate today at my school about gay people.. I said "You know, the bible says that gay people should be put to death...." About 10 christians yelled at me "NO IT DOESNT!" All I said back was "Leviticus 20:13." Someone looked it up and they all got pizzowned.

zapotec521
zapotec521's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well...Pretty much I

Well...Pretty much I remember being Rejected by a certain Christian girl for Being Atheist. She was homeschooled...which leads me to question myself and ask...what was I thinking?

Oh well...looking back it wasnt so bad.

~Adan N

IRRower
User is offlineOffline
Joe wrote:There was a debate

[quote=Joe]There was a debate today at my school about gay people.. I said "You know, the bible says that gay people should be put to death...." About 10 christians yelled at me "NO IT DOESNT!" All I said back was "Leviticus 20:13." Someone looked it up and they all got pizzowned. [/quote]

Wow, I really want to do that... along with talking to people who say "The Bible preaches tolerance for all faiths and peoples", to which I'd just need to say "Deuteronomy 13:6, 8-15".

Joe
Joe's picture
User is offlineOffline
IRRower wrote:Joe

[quote=IRRower][quote=Joe]There was a debate today at my school about gay people.. I said "You know, the bible says that gay people should be put to death...." About 10 christians yelled at me "NO IT DOESNT!" All I said back was "Leviticus 20:13." Someone looked it up and they all got pizzowned. [/quote]

Wow, I really want to do that... along with talking to people who say "The Bible preaches tolerance for all faiths and peoples", to which I'd just need to say "Deuteronomy 13:6, 8-15".[/quote]
Isn't it funny how the people that are the most ignorant are the ones who HAVEN'T read the whole bible?

Personally, ive read the bible and the qu'ran AND the book of mormon.

Derevirn
User is offlineOffline
Yeah... the look on their

Yeah... the look on their faces, when they realize their "good" book isn't that good at all, is priceless!

rahulkghosh
rahulkghosh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Born an agnostic, turned to

Born an agnostic, turned to an atheist when I started pondering. Eh? =D Started pondering about 2 years ago.

debaser
debaser's picture
User is offlineOffline
a few years back i had gone

a few years back i had gone with a friend of mine to clean a church since she's a housekeeper of sorts. the church also served as a sort of rehabilitation center for people who lived on the streets. i had found a friend of mine there that i used to hang out with and we caught up with eachother and i found out that he had been engaged to a girl that was living in the girl quarters. i met the girl and she followed me and my friend around and i was told that i was going to hell by her because i was wearing a "system of a down" shirt. she also told my little sister that her whole family was going to go to hell because they were jehovah witnesses. it was a shame that my friend was marrying her. i hated that bitch.
i didnt really feel like saying i was atheist at that time, either, since she was so hostile. i've had other experiences with people telling me that i'm going to hell and that i'm a "devil worshipper" yada, yada.

macca1203
User is offlineOffline
I just hate telling people

I just hate telling people my belief...or lack of one. I can feel them watching me as if they feel bad for me..

Widgen
User is offlineOffline
 Well some guy found out I

Well some guy found out I was bisexual and was ranting about how the Bible is against it. I told him to prove the Bible was correct first and he did this whole string of circular logic to try proving his point.

Lonely_with_Cat...
User is offlineOffline
  I go to a Catholic

I go to a Catholic School, so I feel pretty lonely in my non-belief

A few of my friends know, but we never really talk about it

It's really awkward because we pray like 5 times a day and i just stand there while they all recite the Our Father or the Hail Mary and do the "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen" thing

Nobody ever says anything but i still feel like I'm being judged

I don't like telling people that I'm atheist because it's just so awkward

a couple weeks ago, a girl in the grade above me died in a car crash and so my Spanish class went to the chapel to pray for her. I've had to go to the chapel before and i usually just sit at the back away from everyone else which is what i did. But that day we had been praying so much i was tired of it and i asked my teacher if I could leave. She said ok, and so i sat outside the chapel where my counselor found me thinking that i was upset about the girl who died, when really i just needed a break from Catholicism. When we went back to class my teacher asked me, while smiling as if thinking to herself "oh I'm so acceptant of other religions"; "So what are you? You're not Catholic? Christian?" so I had to say "atheist." all she said was "Oh Ok."

unrealgod
User is offlineOffline
i agree

that guy is an idiot then , it doesnt matter what colour skin or hair you have or what faith you are or what sexuality you are what matters is tht u are happy with your decision and that stuff in the bible saying it is a sin is rubbish dont listen to it just be happy with who you are if you are happy with who you are then you will live a fulfilled life that you can be happy with

unrealgod
User is offlineOffline
confused

i am not sure what i believe in but i do know this if god really believes tht it is a sin to be gay or have kids before marriage then i believe god is not real. god should believe that everyone is equal no matter what.