Errors in the Bible.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
Errors in the Bible.

ALL proven false after the simplest of observation and thought.

IRON AX HEAD FLOATS. 2KGS 6:5-6
DONKEY TALKS. NUM 22:27-28
SNAKE TALKS. GEN 3:1
MAN WALKS ON WATER. MT 14:24-25
ONE LUNCH BASKET FEEDS THOUSANDS. MT 14:19-21
MEN LONG DEAD SEEN WALKING IN JERUSALEM. MT 27:52-53
MAGICIAN TURNS WATER INTO WINE. JN 2:6-11
SUN BACKS UP. 2KGS 22:3-11
RABBIT CHEWS THE CUD. LV 11:6
CAMEL DOES NOT DIVIDE THE HOOF. LV 11:4
FOUR LEGGED GRASSHOPPERS AND BEETLES. LV 11:21-23
GOURD PLANT MAKES SHADE TREE OVER NIGHT. JN 4:6-10
WORDS CONTROL WEATHER. MT 8:24-26
NEW WAY TO GREAT WEALTH. MT 21:22
GOD ADMITS LYING EZ 14:9. 2CHR 18:22
GOD DECEIVES PEOPLE OF EARTH. 2THES 2:11-12
SNAKE LOSES LEGS(they never had legs). GEN 3:14
GOD DELIBERATELY KEEPS PEOPLE FROM SALVATION(hes not loving). JN 12:40
MEN SURVIVE BLAZING FURNACE UNHARMED(impossible). DAN 3:6-27
SUN STANDS STILL. JOS 10:12-13
MAN RISES FROM THE DEAD. JN 11:44
MAN CALLS DOWN FIRE FROM SKY. 1KG18:33-38, 2KG1:10-12
ANGELS SEDUCE EARTH WOMEN. GEN 6:4
SUPER ALIENS FIGHT WAR IN SPACE. REV 12:7-9
FIRE IN BUSH TALKS TO MAN. EX 3:2-5
MAN SEES WHOLE EARTH FROM TEMPLE TOP. MT 4:8-9
WOMAN TURNS INTO SODIUM CHLORIDE IN SECONDS. GEN 19:26
ETERNAL FLOUR BUCKET DISCOVERED. 1KG 17:12-16
SHOES GUARANTIED FORTY YEARS, PANTS TOO. DU 29:5
TREE MAKES POISONED WATER DRINKABLE. EX 15:23-25
LONG HAIR MAKES MAN STRONG. JUG 16:17
HAIRCUT MAKES MAN WEAK. JUG 16:19
HOW THE RAINBOW GOT STARTED. GEN 9:13
GOD WILL DESTROY WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING. 1COR 1:19
ALL LANGUAGES CAME FROM ONE PLACE(get a text book). GEN 11:6-9
GOD LOVES A GOOD BARBECUE. GEN 8:20-21
MAGIC STICK TURNS WATER INTO BLOOD. EX 7:20-22
DUST TURNED INTO LICE. EX 8:16-19
GHOST HAND WRITES GRAFFITI ON WALL. DAN 5:5
WITCH HUNT BEGUN BY GOD. EX 22:18
COCKATRICE ARE REAL. JER 8:17, IS 14:29
SATYRS ARE COMING. IS 34:14, 13:21
FIERY SERPENTS ABOUND. NUM 21:6, DU 8:15
WINGED SERPENTS COMING TO GET YOU. IS 30:6, 14:29

if the whole earth had EVER been flooded to the mountaintops, it would STILL be flooded to the mountaintops. Somebody lied about the flood. Someone stretched the truth beyond comprehension. It never happened, unless one is willing to accept the first mention of the flood as being 15 cubits high. If so, we are being told about a local storm and flood. Virginia has much better floods than that almost every year. There is geological evidence of great tidal waves, which swept over the earth, but we have enough water on earth all ready to account for this.

what did Noah do with the urine and manure? Did God constipate all the animals for a whole year? I have seen the vast amount of manure a few animals can deliver in one day. I have had to shovel it out of the stalls. Where did Noah and his three helpers put the manure for a whole year? The Bible tells us the animals were in the ark 376 days, "...from the seventeenth day of the second month of the first year, until the twenty seventh day of the second month of the second year."

Where did Noah get his water for himself and the animals? Don't say from the flood, because even if four miles of fresh water were mixed with the ocean's waters, the salt content would be far too high to drink without killing the animals and the humans. Noah would have had to tow another ark as big as his first one just to have survival water for the animals for 376 days. Nothing is mentioned about another ark.

Sir-Think-A-Lot
Sir-Think-A-Lot's picture
User is offlineOffline
So aside from your bias

So aside from your bias against the miraculous the problem is what?

oh and one more thing:

[quote]Where did Noah get his water for himself and the animals? Don't say from the flood, because even if four miles of fresh water were mixed with the ocean's waters, the salt content would be far too high to drink without killing the animals and the humans[/quote]

Why couldnt he have created a rig to catch the rainwater as it fell?

Although its not really taht important to me, since I adhere to a local flood.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:WOMAN TURNS INTO

[quote]WOMAN TURNS INTO SODIUM CHLORIDE IN SECONDS. GEN 19:26[/quote]

Pfff! Salt has Potassium and other stuff mixed in (and if it was newer salt it would have some Iodine)

I would challenge you to provide someone who believes in the literal interpretation of all of the above list.

those stories are almost certainly figurative (or based on rumor...)

(i'm not saying that you cant find someone who believes in all of those stories... only that it is unlikely)

lilangelofterror
User is offlineOffline
Of course this assumes

Of course this assumes miracles are impossible. Do you really want to dive into rather or not miracles are possible? *rolls eyes* Your hate for Christianity and Christians is showing again....

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
How do you know that these

How do you know that these are errors?

The answer is that you don't. You're merely biased against the possibility of miracles from the beginning. Because [i]you've[/i] never seen one doesn't mean they don't occur.

I believe I've already discussed with you how Hume's argument fails.

[quote]SNAKE LOSES LEGS(they never had legs). GEN 3:14[/quote]
This is interesting. Don't you believe in evolution? I'm pretty sure they've found a fossil of a snake-like creature, except with legs.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
lilangelofterror wrote:Of

[quote=lilangelofterror]Of course this assumes miracles are impossible. Do you really want to dive into rather or not miracles are possible? *rolls eyes* Your hate for Christianity and Christians is showing again....[/quote]

Come on you honestly believe magic is possible? I bet you don't believe in the miracles in any other holy books. So why should the Bible be an exception?

lilangelofterror
User is offlineOffline
Dave_G wrote: Come on you

[quote=Dave_G]
Come on you honestly believe magic is possible?[/quote]

Got to love these definitions eh? Why do you call a miracle 'magic' because it makes them sound silly? What to hear my definition of a miracle?

[quote]I bet you don't believe in the miracles in any other holy books. So why should the Bible be an exception?[/quote]

Bring up a specific miracle from another religion and we'll discuss it. Don't bring up Islam... because the miracles attributed to Mohamed come from centuries after his death and even scholars of Islam don't think of them as authentic miracles by Mohamed. We can also say the same about many other religions. :) I've already been there done that and have the Tee Shrit, got another card you care to play?

Crystal

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
Dave_G wrote:Come on you

[quote=Dave_G]Come on you honestly believe magic is possible? [/quote]

I can actually. I have Wiccan friends who claim they can do magic. And I have no reason to doubt them.

[quote]I bet you don't believe in the miracles in any other holy books.[/quote]

Depends, which Holy books are you refering to?

The Quran contains no record of any miracles. Its just a collection of Muhamad's sermons.

Theres no evidence for any of the events recorded in the Book of Morman.

I'm going to wait for more spacifics here.

[quote]So why should the Bible be an exception?[/quote]

Its not.

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Come on you honestly

[quote]Come on you honestly believe magic is possible? I bet you don't believe in the miracles in any other holy books. So why should the Bible be an exception?[/quote]
There is a very distinct difference between "magic" and "miracle," Dave.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:mag·ic

[quote]mag·ic (māj'ĭk) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural.
1. The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature.
2. The charms, spells, and rituals so used.
3. The exercise of sleight of hand or conjuring for entertainment.
4. A mysterious quality of enchantment: "For me the names of those men breathed the magic of the past" (Max Beerbohm).
[/quote]

[quote]
Miracle
–noun
1. an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
2. such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God.
3. a wonder; marvel.
4. a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality: a miracle of modern acoustics.
5. miracle play.
[Origin: 1125–75; ME miracle, miracul (< OF miracle) < L mīrāculum, equiv. to mīrā(rī) to wonder at + -culum -cle2] [/quote]

I assume that we are using definition no. 1 and 2 on both words

(Source Dictionary.com)

The only difference that I see is that one uses God, the other 'invoking the supernatural' and the aims are different

Both defy physics as we currently know them and both are controlled by a power greater than ourselves, both are used by frauds as a source of income and both are truely believed in my many (far more on the miracle side)

The both start with 'M' :) need I continue?

lilangelofterror
User is offlineOffline
Guruite wrote: The both

[quote=Guruite]
The both start with 'M' :) need I continue?

[/quote]

Guruite, I have a feeling that is the definition of 'magic' he is using is that it's little more then a trick and by calling a miracle 'magic' he is basically saying miracles do not exist or are tricks.

toaaj42
User is offlineOffline

Wicked
User is offlineOffline
Sir-Think-A-Lot wrote:Dave_G

[quote=Sir-Think-A-Lot][quote=Dave_G]Come on you honestly believe magic is possible? [/quote]

I can actually. I have Wiccan friends who claim they can do magic. And I have no reason to doubt them.[/quote]

The only problem with this answer (assuming you're christian) is that christians believe that Pagans and Wiccans are evil witches and that they should die (hints the Salem witch trials). Let’s think about this though... Pegans are evil because they don't believe in juses and they worship the earth and everything natural but the christians aren't even though they forced the Irish Celts to either convert to christianity or die (I'm not even gonna go into what they did to the Native Americans cuz that’s a long ass schpeal). And Wiccans are evil because they do magic but the christians worship a man who (supposedly) not only walked on water and turned water into wine but returned from the dead. Can you say [b]HYPOCRISY[/b]?!

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the board,

Welcome to the board, Wicked!

Wicked
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote:Welcome to the

[quote=noor]Welcome to the board, Wicked![/quote]

Thanks!

Any thoughts on this topic noor? Just curious as to where you stand on this.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
No probs. Meh, my position

This comment has been moved here.

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
Wicked wrote:The only

[quote=Wicked]The only problem with this answer (assuming you're christian) is that christians believe that Pagans and Wiccans are evil witches and that they should die (hints the Salem witch trials). [/quote]

Yes. Although under the New Covenant punishment is Gods responsibility. So no need to kill them.

[quote]Let’s think about this though... Pegans are evil because they don't believe in juses and they worship the earth and everything natural but the christians aren't even though they forced the Irish Celts to either convert to christianity or die (I'm not even gonna go into what they did to the Native Americans cuz that’s a long ass schpeal).[/quote]

Actually I would say both were evil

Also, what happened to the Indians was as much a result of greed, desire for power, and the American need for 'wide open spaces' as it was a result of religion.

[quote]And Wiccans are evil because they do magic but the christians worship a man who (supposedly) not only walked on water and turned water into wine but returned from the dead. Can you say [b]HYPOCRISY[/b]?![/quote]

The thing is though. Its not so much the magic itself thats the problem, as it is the SOURCE of said magic.

Euthymios
User is offlineOffline
There are no errors in the

There are no errors in the Bible

Read

ALLEGED DISCREPENCIES OF THE BIBLE

and

ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BIBLE DIFFICULTIES, by Archer (if my memory is correct)

also www.carm.org

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Quote:There are no errors in

[quote]There are no errors in the Bible Read

ALLEGED DISCREPENCIES OF THE BIBLE

and

ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BIBLE DIFFICULTIES, by Archer (if my memory is correct)

[/quote]

This isnt the topic to post this. Try posting a topic about it, and see if any one debates it.

ItsCarnag3
User is offlineOffline
the rumor bout the arcwell

the rumor bout the arc

well the arc was real but who can really say if he had 2 of every animal in the world cuz it would take years to do so..and were still finding new animals all the time.(evolution)which is a diffrent story and also can prove theres no god.

and the point about the shit and piss is anohter good point cuz a lil more then a year with 2 of every animal plus his shit and piss. were would it have gone..christians and religious ppl ur excuse is always something like god this or some wacked out idea cuz u can never live with the fact that shit happens for a reason and science is real.

like the dude that parted the sea and they walked thru it. u would need some heavy equipent or magic to do so..so ur telling me there was mahic back then but seases to exhist today.

or how bout ppl who say miricals happen well how bout if i fell off a building head first and didnt break my neck or die no scratches..u would say god of course.cuz theres no way u wanna believe i could have just fell just right and no harm done. or ppl who come back from commas, being shot and it missing every vital organ. many excuses from u guys instead of just thinking bout shit instead of instantly turning to god as the reason.

the reason y most of u believe in god is because since u were young its forced into ur brains..sorta like santa claus(and we all figured that wasnt real cuz no man can fly in a sleigh with magic raindeer. and fit his fat ass down our chimmneys. and the toothfairy how many of u believe in that now. but how diffrent is god from all these things. god and religion is somthing that has been passed down for years now. and who knows what can be real.

ya'll remember that game u played ini school where the teacher would come up with a sentence whisper in someones ear they would pass it to the next and so on and so on till the last person and it is so far from what the first one came up with.

or just like stories when u sit near a camp fire or w/e some one tells u a story u have no idea if its true or not.but u pass it down to ur kids and they pass it to there kids. the truth is streched so far from the real facts of the story..soon its this dude walked on water.and this guys turned water into wine. and he could cure the sick and blind

well i could go to a bunch of sick kids who never heard of medicen cure them of the flue and they pass down the story for years now what am i turned into a man with magic.

ppl need to start using there brains more..more free thinking..instead of using the excuse god all the time. instead of wasting hours a week going to church and praying reading the bible use that time ono bettering urself.

butterbattle
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me just make a few

Let me just make a few slight adjustments. 

[quote=ItsCarnag3]well the arc was real but who can really say if he had 2 of every animal in the world cuz it would take years to do so..and were still finding new animals all the time.[/quote]

Technically, the Bible explains that there were two of every "clean" animal and seven of every "unclean" animal. Also, I believe, seven pairs of birds. This detail is left out since it might produce awkward questions from curious children. (just kidding) 

[quote](evolution)which is a diffrent story and also can prove theres no god.[/quote]

Well, science is rather antithetical to religion, but it is a slight hyperbole to say that evolutions disproves God. It definitely disproves a literal interpretation of Genesis though.

[quote]and the point about the shit and piss is anohter good point cuz a lil more then a year with 2 of every animal plus his shit and piss. were would it have gone..christians and religious ppl ur excuse is always something like god this or some wacked out idea cuz u can never live with the fact that shit happens for a reason and science is real.[/quote]

I like the way you think, but there are much stronger arguments you can employ here.

- The amount of water that is required to flood the world to the highest mountain does not exist on Earth. Where did it come from? Where did it go?

- To take at least two of every animal would include taking at least some of every kind of deadly bacteria and virus. Everyone on the Ark would have died. The Bible doesn't mention this because the writers obviously didn't know of the existence of microscopic organisms. 

- To flood the entire world would mean mixing all the freshwater and saltwater, resulting in the death of most species of fish and aquatic life. Yet, aquatic creatures that clearly couldn't have survived such a flood still exist. Surprise! 

And on and on and on, not to mention the biggest problem of all. How the **** do you fit all of those animals on to a boat?

[quote]like the dude that parted the sea and they walked thru it. u would need some heavy equipent or magic to do so..so ur telling me there was mahic back then but seases to exhist today.[/quote]

Look up any belief system and you can observe that in ancient times, there were miracles everywhere. But, as time approaches the present, religions draw a blank. 

[quote]or how bout ppl who say miricals happen well how bout if i fell off a building head first and didnt break my neck or die no scratches..u would say god of course.[/quote]

If you survive, it's obviously a miracle from God. If you die, then it was God's will. Either way, they can support their faith with the ad hoc fallacy.

[quote]cuz theres no way u wanna believe i could have just fell just right and no harm done. or ppl who come back from commas, being shot and it missing every vital organ. many excuses from u guys instead of just thinking bout shit instead of instantly turning to god as the reason.[/quote]

Yup.

[quote]the reason y most of u believe in god is because since u were young its forced into ur brains..sorta like santa claus(and we all figured that wasnt real cuz no man can fly in a sleigh with magic raindeer. and fit his fat ass down our chimmneys. and the toothfairy how many of u believe in that now. but how diffrent is god from all these things. god and religion is somthing that has been passed down for years now. and who knows what can be real.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]ya'll remember that game u played ini school where the teacher would come up with a sentence whisper in someones ear they would pass it to the next and so on and so on till the last person and it is so far from what the first one came up with.[/quote]

Old Testament.

[quote]well i could go to a bunch of sick kids who never heard of medicen cure them of the flue and they pass down the story for years now what am i turned into a man with magic.[/quote]

When missionaries travel to isolated corners of the world, the indigenous people would think that the medicine that the missionaries used were somehow magical.

[quote]ppl need to start using there brains more..more free thinking..instead of using the excuse god all the time. instead of wasting hours a week going to church and praying reading the bible use that time ono bettering urself.[/quote]

"Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning."  Bill Gates.