CNN attacks Atheists

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
CNN attacks Atheists

I dont know if any of y'all seen these videos but I saw them through a Myspace bulletin.

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiyJzWy3CDQ

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPHnXrU5JzU

Here's the email address if you want to leave a comment. After watching Part 2 I had to send one.

E-mail Here

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I already posted a thread

I already posted a [url=http://www.freethinkingteens.com/forum/freethinking_teens_community/news_and_current_events/264]thread[/url] about this.

[MOD edit:]
http://www.freethinkingteens.com/forum/freethinking_teens_community/news_and_current_events/2641

There we go.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Opps, thats a my bad on me.

Opps, thats a my bad on me.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
It's ok. People need to know

It's ok. People need to know about these videos. :)

Sir-Think-A-Lot
Sir-Think-A-Lot's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did I miss something? How

Did I miss something? How exactly is this 'attacking' athiests? If anything it would appear CNN has come to their defense by raising awareness of how they are treated.

LtPaint
User is offlineOffline
Telling Athiest to shut up

Telling Athiest to shut up does not raise awareness....
Besides attacking Athiest, that also made Christians look more stupid and not in the "just on a forum" way. This was the on the TV way. But I guess thats just bad for me.
lol

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Really? Karen says we want

Really? Karen says we want to much since we "already took praying out of public schools".

LtPaint
User is offlineOffline
KCahill wrote:Really? Karen

[quote=KCahill]Really? Karen says we want to much since we "already took praying out of public schools". [/quote]
Karen needs to know that we have a "moment of silence" which was used to replace prayer. She needs to get out of 50 years ago when she was a kid and get into the now.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Exactly. And Karen and

Exactly. And Karen and Debbie need to wake up and understand WE HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BELIEVE IN GOD. WE SHOULDNT BE TOLD TO SHUT UP because we dont worship the Christian God. I think its time to send invite Debbie and Karen to be on the radio with the RRS.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
KCahill wrote: I think its

[quote=KCahill] I think its time to send invite Debbie and Karen to be on the radio with the RRS.[/quote]

Ask Sapient if he would like to have them on the show, but I doubt it will happen.

LtPaint
User is offlineOffline
They would never appear on

They would never appear on the show anyways because they think you need to shut up and keep to yourself. Of course, you could go all public about it and make it look like they are insecure about there faith and such and sorta of force them into the position, but don't say I said that because that would not look good for a Catholic.

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Telling Athiest to

[quote]Telling Athiest to shut up does not raise awareness....
[/quote]

Yes, but it seems to me they wernt telling athiests to shut up, rather they were telling everyone else to treat athiests nicer.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

[quote=American Atheist][quote=KCahill] I think its time to send invite Debbie and Karen to be on the radio with the RRS.[/quote]

Ask Sapient if he would like to have them on the show, but I doubt it will happen.[/quote]

Yea, I know. I dont think their too smart to be on RRS anyway.

patches
patches's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sir-Think-A-Lot

[quote=Sir-Think-A-Lot][quote]Telling Athiest to shut up does not raise awareness....
[/quote]

Yes, but it seems to me they wernt telling athiests to shut up, rather they were telling everyone else to treat athiests nicer. [/quote]

how the hell did you come to that conclusion. Telling atheist to shut up doesn't mean be nicer to us. If they wanted people to treat us nicer they could have said they have the right to believe ,or rather not believe, in anything they want. But instead they bashed us because we're infidels or pagans and we don't mindlessly worship the god they do.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watch both parts. The first

Watch both parts.

The first part is where they explain everyone hates atheists. I think it is the next part that makes people dislike CNN

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Watch both parts. The

[quote]Watch both parts.

The first part is where they explain everyone hates atheists. I think it is the next part that makes people dislike CNN[/quote]

I did watch both parts. I guess I can see what your saying. But its not really CNN saying that. But rather the one Christian.

And quite frankly I think hes right to some extent. Athiests tend to make a big deal over things that dont really matter(like "In God we trust" on our money. You do realize I didnt even know our money said that until people started complaining). I'm not saying athiests should shut up, but they do need to stop complaining about frivilous things.

LtPaint
User is offlineOffline
Sir-Think-A-Lot

[quote=Sir-Think-A-Lot][quote]Watch both parts.

The first part is where they explain everyone hates atheists. I think it is the next part that makes people dislike CNN[/quote]

I did watch both parts. I guess I can see what your saying. But its not really CNN saying that. But rather the one Christian.

And quite frankly I think hes right to some extent. Athiests tend to make a big deal over things that dont really matter(like "In God we trust" on our money. You do realize I didnt even know our money said that until people started complaining). I'm not saying athiests should shut up, but they do need to stop complaining about frivilous things. [/quote]
Your missing the point that if a person wants "In God we Trust" off the dollar, they have the right to say it. What about Protestant Fundamentalist who think Creation should be taught in Science? I think they should stop trying, but I don't say anything because I know they have the right to say what they want.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
I thought it was the

I thought it was the Christian and the Jew... but I am retarded, and probably making that up.

I don't make a stink about the money or pledge stuff... mainly because I never say the pledge and I think federal reserve notes are a bad idea from the get- go. But I don't trust in God. He has been pretty unreliable.

LtPaint
User is offlineOffline
JoshHickman wrote:I thought

[quote=JoshHickman]I thought it was the Christian and the Jew... but I am retarded, and probably making that up. [/quote]
It was, the one Christian guy wasn't as bad because he at least said Athiest have the right to speak, but the the other two had no clue what they were doing.

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
LtPaint wrote:Your missing

[quote=LtPaint]Your missing the point that if a person wants "In God we Trust" off the dollar, they have the right to say it. What about Protestant Fundamentalist who think Creation should be taught in Science? I think they should stop trying, but I don't say anything because I know they have the right to say what they want.[/quote]

I realize that they have the right to say so if they really want to. However it still doesnt make them look any more intelligent for doing so.

Besides I have the right to not take them seriously as well.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course, it is a sacred

Of course, it is a sacred right to not take ideas seriously. I 100% agree with that. This is sarcasm free. But just wait a second...

You also have the right to be an ignorant person. You have the right to vote, and affect other people's lives when you are ignorant. You have a right to watch cable news and regurgitate everything you hear from Bill O'Reilly or Micheal Moore. It is an inalienable right of all humans to not think. It is also a right to base choices that affect everyone on your ignorance. And, believe me or not, the sarcasm is yet to come...

It is your right to do whatever you please with yourself. In fact, one could say it is your duty to support the economy by watching the commercials telling you what you want, in between the talking heads on cable telling you that THEIR ideas are the only ones to be taken seriously. Even Papa Bear Bill O'Reilly says some ideas hurt America, so it must be true. How could someone be put in such high places of power and respect without being right?

See, ideas can sometimes be bad. Because if you critically consider all ideas, you might disagree with the Moores and Cavutos of the world. It would be impossible for everyone to agree. Hell, it would be impossible for a fistful of people to agree on everything. Why risk thought and doubt, when people on the news, and people in suits who work in large white buildings, are telling me the right answer?

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
Just so you know I dont like

Just so you know I dont like Bill O'Rilley or Michale Moore(or Ann Coulter, but you can probably guess that by my sig)

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You have a right to

[quote]You have a right to watch cable news and regurgitate everything you hear from Bill O'Reilly or Micheal Moore. [/quote]

More like up-chuck, barf, vomit, puke, hurl, or worship the porcelain god - what Moore and O'Reilly say. (I say this not against their points... just the amount of crap that they say (their opinions and points can be refuted...))

Although, I do like to barf up the words of people.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it is wise to

I think it is wise to immediately disagree with anything those cable news idiots have to say. What was the line from Sienfeld? If your instincts are always wrong, then the opposite must be right?

This is not to be taken seriously, although those people are idiots, they might mess up and get something right for once.

Sir-Think-A-Lot
User is offlineOffline
I didnt say they were ALWAYS

I didnt say they were ALWAYS wrong. I hold the opinion that both sides of the political spectrum are right on a few issues and wrong on most.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Weirdly enough, that was not

Weirdly enough, that was not actually a sarcastic remark. It was just a joke at FOX News' expense (I think it is fair to say they are the worst. Democrats just aren't that organized.)

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
whether or not they are

whether or not they are right or wrong is a 50% chance... and of course it would depend on what really is RIGHT.

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greg wrote:whether or not

[quote=Greg]whether or not they are right or wrong is a 50% chance... and of course it would depend on what really is RIGHT.[/quote]

no. the odds are not 50/50. without knowing specifics, I can't say the probability but... that's too simplistic.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can never say something

You can never say something has a probability of being true. It is or it isn't. I could be wrong about anything, but my conclusions of today are based on the information I have. Chance of truth is never 50- 50, it is 100- 0. Something is true.

AgnosticAtheist1
AgnosticAtheist1's picture
User is offlineOffline
While Einstein would agree

While Einstein would agree with you, most of quantum physics would disagree(for example, excited electrons always drop down, but the way in which they drop down through the quantum levels is random, as far as we know)

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:excited electrons

[quote]excited electrons always drop down,[/quote]

Nothing particularly funny about this, but I had the image of a bunch of excited drunk electrons (who all looked like purple balls) in a bar who fall of their barstools....
[quote]
the way in which they drop down through the quantum levels is random, as far as we know[/quote]

Really? I thought that if we somehow knew the exact velocity and direction of a particle, then we could know exactly how it would behave.... hmm