Co-workers show stupidity, not Ignorance

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Co-workers show stupidity, not Ignorance

You know I love my co-workers, really I do, all of them. Ive been working with them for little over a year. Yet the other day one, hes name is Carl, just brings up evolution. Now, only a hand full of my co-workers know Im atheist since I keep to myself. I dont tell people my personal faiths (or lack of) citera. Well, Carl donest know and I listen to his opinion, in which I directly qoute: [i]"You know, I dont get evolution." If its real, then why monkeys still here?"[/i] Of course I then decided to debate since this shows only ignorance. I'll write what was said I'll be in [b]bold.[/b] The hyphins represent the times he interrupted me.
[b]
First, we didnt come from monkeys we-[/b]

[i]Okay whatever (rolls eyes) apes[/i]

[b]We didnt come from apes either they are cousins-[/b]

[i]No. No.[/i]

[b]Okay. Carl. Listen. Can you tell me where dogs all came from?[/b]

:Carl paused:
[b]
They all came from the Gray Wolf, they are direct desendents[/b]

[i]No.No. It doenst make sense[/i]

:Carl walks off:

Its funny how everytime I spoke I was childishly iterrupted, yet I let him speak. Its too bad I couldnt have a real conversation with him, he cant take another persons point of view.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Good thing I don't get much

Good thing I don't get much of that (well, I do get it all the time with my anarchism, but that's another story.)

But aaaages ago a girl in one of my classes and I discussed religion a bit. She was saying things about how Darwin's theory was insanity and how she was gonna pray for me that someday I'll accept Jesus, going on and on with paragraphs of bullshit. She acted like I'd never heard of Jesus, Adam and Eve, or the bible. Urrrrrrrggghhh, I just wanted to pull all my hair out.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline
Its funny, most theists dont

Its funny, most theists dont know that atheists read the Holy Bible more than they do.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I'll admit that I suck when

I'll admit that I suck when it comes to most biblical stuff, but at least I can list some of the downright insane verses and stories.

Aaron1212
Aaron1212's picture
User is offlineOffline
ive had problems like this

ive had problems like this in the past, most theist's will cut you off when they know your right or just say what your saying doesn't make any sense or the ever classical "that's stupid". when i was younger i heard the "your only a child what do u know?" i still hear it sometimes even though im 17 years old. the only way to deal with people like this is to really just ignore them about 90 percent are so ignorant there is no way your going to change there mind.