Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron to "prove" God's existence

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron to "prove" God's existence

[url=http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rational_response_squad_alerts/rational_response_squad_alerts/6653]HERE IS THE OFFICIAL THREAD ON THE RRS WEBSITE TO TALK WITH KELLY AND SAPIENT WHO DESTROYED THE ARGUMENTS OF COMFORT/CAMERON ON ABC. [/url]

[b]Best-selling Author Will 'Prove' God's Existence[/b]

ABC to Air LIVE Atheist Debate with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort

Contact: Mark Spence, 562-920-8431 ext. 304, [email protected]

MEDIA ADVISORY, April 26 /Christian Newswire/ -- After ABC ran a story in January about hundreds of atheists videotaping themselves blaspheming the Holy Spirit, best-selling author Ray Comfort contacted the network and offered to prove God's existence, absolutely, scientifically, without mentioning the Bible or faith. He and Kirk Cameron (co-hosts of an award-winning Christian TV program) challenged the two originators of the "Blasphemy Challenge" to a debate on the existence of God. According to Comfort, he and Cameron (an ex-atheist) are qualified to debate on the subject. Comfort had not only written a book titled "God Doesn't Believe in Atheists", but had spoken at Yale on the subject of atheism, and been flown by American Atheists, Inc., to their 2001 annual convention to be a platform speaker.

ABC loved the idea, and will host a debate in New York City on May 5, 2007. Moderated by Martin Bashir, the debate will be streamed LIVE on their website and will also be filmed for "Nightline."

Cameron ("Growing Pains" sitcom and Left Behind movies) will speak on what he believes is a major catalyst for atheism: Darwinian evolution. The popular actor stated, "Evolution is unscientific. In reality, it is a blind faith that's preached with religious zeal as the gospel truth. I'm embarrassed to admit that I was once a naïve believer in the theory. The issue of intelligent design is extremely relevant at the moment. Atheism has become very popular in universities--where it's taught that we evolved from animals and that there are no moral absolutes. So we shouldn't be surprised when there are school shootings. Cameron will also reveal what it was that convinced him that God did exist.

"Most people equate atheism with intellectualism," Comfort added, "but it's actually an intellectual embarrassment. I am amazed at how many people think that God's existence is a matter of faith. It's not, and I will prove it at the debate - once and for all. This is not a joke. I will present undeniable scientific proof that God exists.

"But," Comfort continued, "there is something more sinister here than a few people not believing in God. Why would so many be so bitter against Christianity in particular? Why aren't they making videos that blaspheme Buddha or Mohammed or Ghandi? We made our own video clip and posted it on www.Hollywoodblasphemy.com to expose why."

Comfort and Cameron co-published The Evidence Bible and they have an online Bible School with more than 8,500 students. Both the Bible and the school train Christians on how to prove the existence of God and how to refute the theory of evolution. According to recent polls 12% of Americans do not have a belief in a Higher Power, up from 8% in 1987 (that group includes agnostics). In Europe the rise of atheism and agnosticism is stunning, where according to a Zukerman study, in Sweden as many as 85% of the population are non-believers, Japan 65%, France 54% and in Britain 44% do not believe in God.

For inquiries, contact [email protected].

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I wonder if this "scientific

I wonder if this scientific proof will be...the "Argument from Water" that finally converts all atheists in the world! :D

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
This should be interesting.

This should be interesting.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I know, I can't wait. Should

I know, I can't wait. Should be a good laugh. 8)

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I don't even have to wait,

I don't even have to wait, I'll laugh now.

LOLOLOL!!

Noor
User is offlineOffline
My prediction of his

My prediction of his proof:

[img]http://www.kidsgeo.com/images/ocean-water.jpg[/img]

"Look at all that water. Water is so useful for so many things and can be bent into any shape you want. It's also a blue color that everyone likes. It can be harnessed in dams for the power of electricity, and people live from drinking it.

Who else but His Holiness the Good Lord could have created this gift for us?

Genesis 1:2 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I could easily refute that.

I could easily refute that.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I know, I wouldn't be at all

I know, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they used something like that.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
If they try to use Kent

If they try to use Kent Hovind's arguments, then they're in big trouble.

BIG trouble.

Aullios
Aullios's picture
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote:I wonder if this

[quote=noor]I wonder if this scientific proof will be...the "Argument from Water" that finally converts all atheists in the world! :D[/quote]

It's more likely to be the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zwbhAXe5yk]Argument from Bananas[/url].

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Yes, I know. The Argument

Yes, I know. The Argument from Bananas was a good laugh. :D

Welcome to the forum!

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
I already know their proof

I already know their proof if see that painting? Someone painted it. See that creation? Someone created it!!!!!! KIRK YOU ATE M BANNANA!!!!! (Sends Ray to the psycoward).

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Speaking of that, check out

Speaking of that, check out [url=http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/miscellanous_forums/trollville/5922]this topic[/url] at RRS.

I thought it was satire at first.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
Two monkeys had butt sex and

Two monkeys had butt sex and that made you!

Haha south park... they might have a wrong idea of evolution... but monkeys having butt sex would fit in with the banana theory....

Noor
User is offlineOffline
So I read AModestProposal's

So I read AModestProposal's notes on the debate and watched those few video bits...Ray and Kirk did as good as I expected them.

Didn't even give their "scientific proof" of god, and kept breaking the rules by invoking the buy-bull.

And tonight they're showing the debate on Nightline. I can't wait. :D

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
WOTM is going to be showing

WOTM is going to be showing it here and as far as I know they are going to keep it there because Ray thinks he wins a debate even though he did all he's worth. He proved God without mentioning the Bible, or did he.....

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/abc_debate.shtml

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Comfort is an idiot who

Comfort is an idiot who thinks he can make up bullshit that even a child could probably tear up, and then he claims he won.

I was also looking forward to his "scientific proof" of god. :evil:

Noor
User is offlineOffline
It's going to be on in half

Nightline's going to be on in half an hour. :D

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Did you watch it?

Did you watch it?

debaser
debaser's picture
User is offlineOffline
(wow; long time no freakin'

(wow; long time no freakin' post!)

i watched the debate last night; i was rather annoyed that the network didnt show the best parts of it. i mean, at the end they were all, "there's no clear winner tonight but blahblahblah", when, if you'd watched more of the footage, it was clear whose ass was totally pwned (*coughchristianscough*). fan-freakin'-tastic by the way. <3

Noor
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist wrote:Did

[quote=American Atheist]Did you watch it?[/quote]

Yeah, and the fact that they showed only a few small parts of the debate was kinda annoying too. Also they spent five freaking minutes talking all about Kirk Cameron's life too.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote:American Atheist

[quote=noor][quote=American Atheist]Did you watch it?[/quote]

Yeah, and the fact that they showed only a few small parts of the debate was kinda annoying too. Also they spent five freaking minutes talking all about Kirk Cameron's life too.[/quote]
'

I'm watching it right now and it's typical Comfort-able sermon.
Even the opposition' s mistake were to much for him.

Guruite
Guruite's picture
User is offlineOffline
I diddnt watch it, does

I diddnt watch it, does anyone have a link?

Edit, Going to watch it, re-clicked on the way of the master link

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guruite wrote:I diddnt watch

[quote=Guruite]I diddnt watch it, does anyone have a link?

Edit, Going to watch it, re-clicked on the way of the master link[/quote]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1229854964003619354&hl=en

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote:American Atheist

[quote=noor][quote=American Atheist]Did you watch it?[/quote]

Yeah, and the fact that they showed only a few small parts of the debate was kinda annoying too. Also they spent five freaking minutes talking all about Kirk Cameron's life too.[/quote]

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/abc_debate.shtml

Part 2 added.

Kirk thinks cosmology is Evolution LOL.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I saw a huge part of

Yeah I saw a huge part of the debate online yesterday. Ray and Kirk aren't the only theists who think evolution is the same as cosmology though. There's been quite a few of those theists at RRS, and it looks like the RRS forum is getting a huge influx of theists lately. (Obviously because of the debate.)

Dusty
Dusty's picture
User is offlineOffline
It wasn't even a debate.

It wasn't even a debate.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, and almost all

Almost all Christians agree the banana idiots lost. I like Ray and Kirk's look in [url=http://www.rationalresponders.com/after_the_comfort_cameron_debate]this picture[/url]. :D

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even Frank Walton, one of

Even Frank Walton, one of the harshest RRS critics, think that Ray and Kirk lost. Whoever set up this debate was a total moron in the first place.

[i]This[/i] is the more interesting debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVd-VdSewWo

Sapient looks like a total fool here.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Todd Friel is an asshole. He

Todd Friel is an asshole. He does this thing called "Quote mining" on his show.

He does it a lot.

Reminds me of how Kirk and Ray used to quote Charles Darwin on the eye.

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Todd Friel is an

[quote]Todd Friel is an asshole. He does this thing called "Quote mining" on his show.

He does it a lot.[/quote]
He may. I don't listen to the Way of the Master Radio hardly at all...I believe only once in my life other than this. I listened to his broadcast and found this debate. I do feel though that Friel would have been a more worthwhile debate candidate than either Kirk or Ray.

Sapient accused Friel of quote mining too...I've personally never seen him do it, so some examples would be great.

[quote]Reminds me of how Kirk and Ray used to quote Charles Darwin on the eye.[/quote]
Blehhhh.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
P-Dunn wrote:He may. I don't

[quote=P-Dunn]He may. I don't listen to the Way of the Master Radio hardly at all...I believe only once in my life other than this. I listened to his broadcast and found this debate. I do feel though that Friel would have been a more worthwhile debate candidate than either Kirk or Ray.[/quote]

Indeed.

Kirk pulled out a picture of a "crocoduck". Oh man. :D

[quote]Sapient accused Friel of quote mining too...I've personally never seen him do it, so some examples would be great.[/quote]

There's a show on it. But ya gotta subscribe.

HBA (Hillbilly Atheist) also has a show on Friel. It's like 3 or 4 hours long.

You can download it [url=http://www.hillbillyatheist.com/HBA-Vs-Todd.mp3]here[/url]. (Warning: Bad language.)

toaaj42
User is offlineOffline
I watched it. Brain and

I watched it.
Brain and Kelly did a good job as I suspected they would and Ray and Kirk had the same argument as usual.

Once again they(Ray and Kirk) mentioned the ten commandments when they weren't going to be be discussing the bible.

Is the car example that they had new?
It sounds like the soda can just with a new twist.

I don't recall hearing the car one before except of course when I heard the soda can (because they sound like the same thing).

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the board! Think

Welcome to the board!

Think Ray and Kirk have used the car example before.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
I recently heard that Kirk

I recently heard that Kirk and Ray told Sapient and Kelly that they were going to use the 10 commandments after they presented the evidence. Guess Sapient forgot.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I would give Ray and Kirk a

I would give Ray and Kirk a [i]very[/i] hard time, I would not let them get away with using the ten commandments. But I guess that's all they've got.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Dave_G wrote:I recently

[quote=Dave_G]I recently heard that Kirk and Ray told Sapient and Kelly that they were going to use the 10 commandments after they presented the evidence. Guess Sapient forgot.[/quote]

And what was the scientific evidence?

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

[quote=American Atheist][quote=Dave_G]I recently heard that Kirk and Ray told Sapient and Kelly that they were going to use the 10 commandments after they presented the evidence. Guess Sapient forgot.[/quote]

And what was the scientific evidence?[/quote]

He claimed that creation was sceintific proof.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Then he went on to the Bible

Then he went on to the Bible for proof of creation.
In fact, he talks about "fallen creation".

And he promised not to use "faith", too.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Isn't there something in the

Isn't there something in the bible that forbids lying or breaking promises?? I'd [i]so[/i] love to shove that verse in his face! :evil:

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
It's one of the Ten

It's one of the Ten Commandments.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote:Isn't there

[quote=noor]Isn't there something in the bible that forbids lying or breaking promises?? I'd [i]so[/i] love to shove that verse in his face! :evil:[/quote]

I'd scare him with Revalation 21:8

Noor
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist wrote:It's

[quote=American Atheist]It's one of the Ten Commandments.[/quote]

And he uses the buy-bull as proof of God...which would mean that the buy-bull technically forbids using itself as proof of God.

Ha! :D

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline

;)

toaaj42
User is offlineOffline
I'm pretty sure he'd say

I'm pretty sure he'd say your misinterperting like any time an issue like that is brought up.