Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorn - going a little far?

collegestu451
User is offlineOffline
Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorn - going a little far?

I am sure you all (or at least most of you) are familiar with the famous Flying Spaghetti Monster and the idolized Invisible Pink Unicorn. However, I am eager to hear some opinions on what other teenagers think about these fabrications. The argument is logical - people believe in God when there's no substantial evidence, so why don't people believe in the FSM and the IPU? However, to what extent is it mature to use such symbols to make the argument. The atheist movement works against dominant religions from marginzalizing or even demaning the cause of atheism. But is it just for atheists to practically burlesque theists' beliefs in God? To what extent are the two creatures uncalled-for retaliations rather than statements of identity? What's everyone's thoughts on this issue?

butterbattle
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:However, to what

[quote]However, to what extent is it mature to use such symbols to make the argument.[/quote]

If the debate between science and religion was actually objective and balanced, people wouldn't have to resort to satirical caricatures. But, when Creationists lie and cheat to uphold their agenda, I don't think any logical argument would be "uncalled for." Satire makes people laugh, and, works brilliantly in the world outside of the scientific community.  

They don't have a problem with it.  -

www.venganza.org/evidence